PDA

View Full Version : Can't change people's opinions... you can only....(Please counter this argument!)

FormerDemocrat
10-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Friend says this,

Put me down as one of them. There’s an Indian saying, it goes like this, “If you can solve your problem,
then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?”

"You can’t change people’s opinions, you can only reinforce in whatever they already believed in. ;-)"
(He said some one famous or some philosopher said this.)

I said before to him, “People are in a trance like state” (Referring to political apathy and coming fascist America/police state)

(Not awakened/ unplugged from Matrix etc.)
(Friend also states that it could be the same for me. Because I don't pay attention to certain things, like Physics for example.
I could in "sleep" mode because I am not aware of it.)

Please counter. :D

orafi
10-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Change your opinion and agree with him, which is, in a paradoxical sort of way, proving him wrong and HANDING HIS ASS TO HIM!!!. BAM!

dannno
10-31-2008, 03:48 PM
^^ lol, good thinking :D

mediahasyou
10-31-2008, 10:03 PM
I was neocon. Now I am not.

Argument countered.

lucius
10-31-2008, 10:26 PM
Not unlike one lab rat musing about the nature of the maze, while the other lab rat is content to muse only about the cheese--you are reflecting this: The Ascendancy of the Scientific Dictatorship (ISBN: 1419639323).