PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul will he effect Lousiana?

ProBlue33
10-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Loyola Poll: McCain Barely Leads in Lousiana
A new WWL-TV poll in Lousiana shows Sen. John McCain just edging Sen. Barack Obama, 43% to 40%.

The survey, conducted by Loyola University, has a margin of error of 4.5 points.

Said pollster Ed Renwick: "It's closer than I thought it would be. That's because they'll probably be people who don't usually vote, who don't vote often, or weren't registered to vote until recently. Those people would not be heavy McCain voters. They would be Obama voters."

Since Ron Paul is on the ballot in Lousiana, could he make the difference up.

FindLiberty
10-31-2008, 10:08 AM
IMO, the ideal voter turnout results for Lousiana would be:

BO=31%, JM=25%, plus a combined total of all 3rd parties and write in votes=44% (RP alone receiving 17.76%, BB=9%, CB=9% and ~8% other)

acptulsa
10-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Considering Paul got more votes than any other single candidate in the G.O.P. caucus there, I'd say he's bound to have quite an impact.

hopeforamerica
10-31-2008, 10:10 AM
It's not like anyone who votes for Ron Paul would vote for McCain. Most would vote 3rd party or not vote at all. IMO

ProBlue33
10-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Considering Paul got more votes than any other single candidate in the G.O.P. primary there, I'd say he's bound to have quite an impact.

I didn't know that, very nice.

McCain
43%

Obama
40%

Poll from Oct 24. - Oct 26. Loyola U.

Latest poll 3% spread

HOLLYWOOD
10-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Considering Paul got more votes than any other single candidate in the G.O.P. primary there, I'd say he's bound to have quite an impact.

But even more important is the Corruption and Collusion that happened in that LA Primary.

The GOP along with losers like; McCain, Huckabee, Romney, Thompson, and Ghouliani colluded with the LAGOP to alter the ticket, in taking a combined VALUES ticket, since they all knew Ron Paul would slamdunk the Primary.

There's your Elections Manipulations, which is close to outright FRAUD.

Nevada has a similar problem with NVGOP... rigging the game and rules for them to block RP delegates and rule all for McCain crap.The POS Sue Lowden was on C-SPAN's Washington Journal this week talking about how all the Repulbicans in the state are for John McCain... then all the CALLS were RIGGED, PREPLANNED calls in WJ, praising and supporting McCain. Anyone knows... 3/4 of the state of Nevada is PRO Ron Paul... except when Mitt Romney PAYS bus loads of people to vote for him.

The NVGOP leaders are downright CONIVING EVIL!

That POS NVGOP After a super-majority of Ron Paul supporters captured control of the Republican state convention Saturday, state party officials abruptly canceled the event without electing delegates to the national convention.

http://suelowden.blogivists.com/2008/05/07/deal-or-no-deal/#more-23 (http://suelowden.blogivists.com/2008/05/07/deal-or-no-deal/#more-23)

Sorry for rambling but we need the hits for people to remember these destructive plans state GOPs pull over the people/delegates

tron paul
10-31-2008, 10:37 AM
On election night, Ron Paul will be serving McCain a nice ice cold revenge pizza.

That's the way it's best served!

Can't wait for his "Montana speech" where he twists the knife into sputtering McCain.

Get the Tivo warmed up and ready to capture Rush, Hannity, and O'Reilly eating crow...:cool:

acptulsa
10-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Ron Paul serving revenge up cold? I don't think so. The 'Reagan Revolution' stood on a three-legged stool, and fiscal conservatives were one of those legs. The G.O.P. cut that leg off. We all know they did it to pander to the Fed, but it does feel like they did it to spite their face.

In any case, it will lead to the natural result. Anyone could have predicted it, and many did.

HOLLYWOOD
10-31-2008, 10:46 AM
On election night, Ron Paul will be serving McCain a nice ice cold revenge pizza.

Can't wait for his "Montana speech" where he twists the knife into sputtering McCain.

Get the Tivo warmed up and ready to capture Rush, Hannity, and O'Reilly eating crow...:cool:

"REVENGE, IS a DISH, BEST, SERVED COLD!"

Sociopaths like McCAIN, Palin, and the rest of the GOP BANDWAGON deserves EVERYTHING this, Cold hard coming Tuesday evening will serve these NEOCONS

Shotdown1027
10-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Ron Paul did NOT get more votes in the primary than most candidates. Huckabee won, McCain in second, Paul scored only 5%.

However, we should have won the caucus. If it werent for a bunch of shady-shit, we would've.

BTW: Im Trent Hill, it was me and one other guy's idea to put Paul on the ballot here in LA =)

acptulsa
10-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Ron Paul did NOT get more votes in the primary than most candidates.... BTW: Im Trent Hill, it was me and one other guy's idea to put Paul on the ballot here in LA =)

You're right, and I'll fix the initial post. BTW: Good job!! :)

tggroo7
10-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Recent Louisiana polls have varied quite a bit. That Loyola poll is a huge change from other polls.

Loyola had it 43% to 40% JMac. A few days earlier SE Louisiana U had a poll that showed it as 51-39 JMac and Rasmussen had it 57-41 JMac. Considering they were taken during nearly the same time period, I doubt that there was a change in voters' choices, but rather some sort of error. That's odd. But I definitely trust Rasmussen the most. I think Rasmussen's polls show that McCain supporters are more likely to turn out than Obama supporters.

Shotdown1027
10-31-2008, 11:12 AM
We should remember that there are MANY african-american voters in Louisiana and they'll undoubtedly show up more than pollsters are giving them credit for.

With that said--Obama winning LA seems like a stretch.

Dorfsmith
10-31-2008, 11:34 AM

Excellent post :D

torchbearer
10-31-2008, 01:17 PM
We've got 60 ad spots bought so far in louisiana. hope to get some more done before tomorrow.

Razorback Fan
10-31-2008, 01:38 PM
BTW: Im Trent Hill, it was me and one other guy's idea to put Paul on the ballot here in LA =)

Then you, Sir, are a genius, a hero, and a good, good man.

Carole
10-31-2008, 02:12 PM
But even more important is the Corruption and Collusion that happened in that LA Primary.

The GOP along with losers like; McCain, Huckabee, Romney and Gouliani colluded with the LAGOP to alter the ticket, in taking a combined VALUES ticket, since they all knew Ron Paul would slamdunk the Primary.

There's Elections Manipulations, close to outright FRAUD.

Nevada has a similuar problem with NVGOP... rigging the game and rules for them to block RP delegates and rule all for McCain crap.The POS Sue Lowden was on C-SPAN's Washington Journal this week talking about how all the Repulbicans in the state are for John McCain... then all the CALLS were RIGGED, PREPLANNED calls in WJ, praising and supporting McCain. Anyone knows... 3/4 of the state of Nevada is PRO Ron Paul... except when Mitt Romney PAYS bus loads of people to vote for him.

The NVGOP leaders are downright CONIVING EVIL!

That POS NVGOP After a super-majority of Ron Paul supporters captured control of the Republican state convention Saturday, state party officials abruptly canceled the event without electing delegates to the national convention.

http://suelowden.blogivists.com/2008/05/07/deal-or-no-deal/#more-23 (http://suelowden.blogivists.com/2008/05/07/deal-or-no-deal/#more-23)

Sorry for rambling but we need the hits for people to remember these destructive plans state GOPs pull over the people/delegates
I don't know how Dr. Paul can possibly avoid being frauded out by the voting machines. :(

But will keep my fingers crossed anyway.

Shotdown1027
10-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Then you, Sir, are a genius, a hero, and a good, good man.

To be fair--Randall Hayes should get more credit, he first suggested it. I just put the plan into action. And ever since GETTING on the ballot, Torchbearer has been doing must of the gruntwork.

Torch--where are those 60 ads playing?

torchbearer
10-31-2008, 03:11 PM
To be fair--Randall Hayes should get more credit, he first suggested it. I just put the plan into action. And ever since GETTING on the ballot, Torchbearer has been doing must of the gruntwork.

60 in the morgan city Allen cable region.
Wherever allen cable reaches.
They will be playing all weekend and monday, some tuesday morning.
Channels like espn, cnn, fox news, abc, etc.

I'm looking to get 60 more in alexandria, steph to get 60 more in lake charles.

torchbearer
10-31-2008, 03:12 PM

Oh- and you need to get in touch with Tom Rankin.
He wanted to know more about the history of the la taxpayers party.
I could only tell him my part, but told him you'd have more info than I.

Eric21ND
10-31-2008, 03:15 PM
this is awesome! ron paul ads playing in louisiana :)

torchbearer
10-31-2008, 03:18 PM
this is awesome! ron paul ads playing in louisiana :)

If anyone wants to get in on the action, you can get more info here: http://www.lataxpayers.com/tvad.html

torchbearer
10-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Oh and on the webpage it says we can get ads as cheap as $25.00
Well, scratch that, some of the sales reps know i'm a returning customer, so i got some slots as cheap as $8. and all the ads will be in the 6-8am range and the 5-7pm range.

kombayn
10-31-2008, 03:22 PM
That's awesome guys. Wouldn't that be something that Ron Paul plus enough percentage points in Montana & Louisiana to cost John McCain the electoral votes of those states. :D Viva La Revolución!

Shotdown1027
10-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh and on the webpage it says we can get ads as cheap as $25.00
Well, scratch that, some of the sales reps know i'm a returning customer, so i got some slots as cheap as $8. and all the ads will be in the 6-8am range and the 5-7pm range.

Torch,

The chipin that you posted a minute ago will go towards this effort? I'd like to see some playing in BR or even just more playing elsewhere.

torchbearer
10-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Torch,

The chipin that you posted a minute ago will go towards this effort? I'd like to see some playing in BR or even just more playing elsewhere.

Get in touch with your guys in baton rouge and go buy the ads as individuals in your area.
The chipin is for those people who can't make the drive to a louisiana station to buy their own slots.

JohnJay
10-31-2008, 04:51 PM

Best post I've read on the forums in quite a while.

I think grassroots efforts in Montana, Louisiana and California
( all with RP State electors assigned)
really should be at full bore - max octane with nitro -
as we peak right now for maximum effect.

Let the GOP wonder . . . "Did we pick the wrong candidate ?"

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/panamajohn/original.jpg

orafi
10-31-2008, 05:27 PM

there be a montana speech?!

torchbearer
10-31-2008, 10:01 PM
there be a montana speech?!

????

Matt Collins
11-01-2008, 01:13 AM
Let the GOP wonder . . . "Did we pick the wrong candidate ?"They know they did. If you attend your local GOP meetings that will become self-evident in about 10 minutes.

blocks
11-01-2008, 03:55 AM
Ron Paul did NOT get more votes in the primary than most candidates. Huckabee won, McCain in second, Paul scored only 5%.

However, we should have won the caucus. If it werent for a bunch of shady-shit, we would've.

I didn't have much to say until I read this. So I give you a big THANK YOU! Good work, well done and you should be proud.

Sandra
11-01-2008, 09:45 AM
According to the La SOS primary numbers, 5 times as many people showed up to vote for Obama as McCain. The Loyola poll deliberately skewed the results.

The Republican Party is now being touted as an "anti Christian " organization among local evangelicals.