PDA

View Full Version : Lew Rockwell interviews Naomi Wolf, 10/30/08

Pete
10-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Podcast here:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/podcast/?p=episode&name=2008-10-30_058_americas_slow_motion_fascist_coup.mp3

Very refreshing discussion with Naomi very receptive to libertarian principles. In the past I've been skeptical of Ms. Wolf and her touting of Hillary, but she may be on the right side after all!

Truth Warrior
10-31-2008, 08:30 AM
Cognitive dissonance is a real bitch! Hillary AND libertarian. That's just goofy as hell.<IMHO>

crhoades
10-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Listened to the interview. Very refreshing dialogue. As she comes more and more to libertarian viewpoints, just think of the impact she could begin having with progressives. Hopefully more bridges are being built.

Pete
10-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Cognitive dissonance is a real bitch! Hillary AND libertarian. That's just goofy as hell.<IMHO>

Actually, it sounds like she's waking up big time.

Truth Warrior
10-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Actually, it sounds like she's waking up big time. That would be good.

However I tend to suspect merely "a wolf in sheep's clothing". At this point, I trust her just about as far as I can throw the Washington monument. ;)

Mini-Me
10-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Listened to the interview. Very refreshing dialogue. As she comes more and more to libertarian viewpoints, just think of the impact she could begin having with progressives. Hopefully more bridges are being built.

Hear, hear! :D

Smiley Gladhands
10-31-2008, 09:18 AM
That would be good.

However I tend to suspect merely "a wolf in sheep's clothing". At this point, I trust her just about as far as I can throw the Washington monument. ;)

I volunteer to give her a thorough examination/cavity search in order to make sure she's for real....as long as she keeps those boots on.

Mmmmmmm....hottest radical leftist ever. IMO.

:)

Just to reiterate...I will totally bridge the gap with her.

Edit: Actually, I think I confused Naomi Wolf with Naomi Klein. I'd probably do both of them though.

Pete
10-31-2008, 09:39 AM
That would be good.

I have not been too charitable to Rhodes scholar Ms. Wolf in the past, having identified her as controlled opposition. The key will be her consistency going forward, and I will probably distrust her Establishment background for a long, long while.

1000-points-of-fright
10-31-2008, 10:06 AM
Sounds like Lew scared the shit out of her!

heavenlyboy34
10-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Great interview!

Interesting that the left is willing to listen when we (libertarians) use solid logic on them-yet the fascist right will not listen (even though the claim to be "intellectuals").

Thanks again for the post!

Luv,
heavenlyboy34.

heavenlyboy34
10-31-2008, 10:53 AM
I have not been too charitable to Rhodes scholar Ms. Wolf in the past, having identified her as controlled opposition. The key will be her consistency going forward, and I will probably distrust her Establishment background for a long, long while.

+1
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGki15JgtJjHcBMVVXNyoA?p=Naomi+Wolf&y=Search&fr=moz2&ei=UTF-8 <<her discussion on "The End Of America"...rather interesting stuff.

Truth Warrior
10-31-2008, 10:57 AM
I have not been too charitable to Rhodes scholar Ms. Wolf in the past, having identified her as controlled opposition. The key will be her consistency going forward, and I will probably distrust her Establishment background for a long, long while. Rhodes scholar = NWO, count on it. ;)

heavenlyboy34
10-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Rhodes scholar = NWO, count on it. ;)

:eek: They're everywhere! Be afraid!

Truth Warrior
10-31-2008, 11:11 AM
:eek: They're everywhere! Be afraid! CFR/TLC/Skull and Bones/Committee of 300/Bilderburg/Illuminati/Le Circle/Freemasonry/Round table/UN/central banksters/Mafia/Israel/City of London/RIIA/Rhodes Scholars/etc. the list just goes on and on. TPTB have done their homework VERY well.

And the sheeple sleep. :p

heavenlyboy34
10-31-2008, 11:24 AM
CFR/TLC/Skull and Bones/Committee of 300/Bilderburg/Illuminati/Le Circle/Freemasonry/Round table/UN/central banksters/Mafia/Israel/City of London/RIIA/Rhodes Scholars/etc. the list just goes on and on. TPTB have done their homework VERY well.

And the sheeple sleep. :p

How is it that they haven't been able to control the webbernet folks like us? I've only seen a few folks around here that strike me as "controlled opposition" or blatant opponents of liberty, and they tend to be shunned pretty quickly. :confused:

beerista
10-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Terrific stuff. I listen to Lew's interviews often and enjoy them, but this breaking out of the "preaching to the choir" mode was refreshing. Perhaps I am being naive and falling into a disinformation trap (if that is what some others were suggesting about Wolf's role), but I can't help but be filled with something like hope at hearing a conversation between a principled leftist (I've no reason not to give her the benefit of the doubt at the moment) and a brilliant spokesman for a cause I care about, in which actual dialog occurs and in which my side makes some inroads. I find the ongoing right-left realignment very exciting.

That said, we'll have to wait until Obama takes over the White House to see how much of this realignment has just been a mirage helped along only because the left hated and feared Bush and if they'll give a free pass on the same sins committed by one of their own. I have some hope that at least of few of the principled leftists will remain standing. I guess we'll see.

Thanks for posting the link.

Truth Warrior
10-31-2008, 11:46 AM
How is it that they haven't been able to control the webbernet folks like us? I've only seen a few folks around here that strike me as "controlled opposition" or blatant opponents of liberty, and they tend to be shunned pretty quickly. :confused: Perhaps because the point of NO return is long past and we constitute NO threat to the agenda. ;)

0zzy
10-31-2008, 12:08 PM
i liked this interview very much. very good listen, I'm going to have to buy her book now. I read her last one, good read.