PDA

View Full Version : GRASSROOTS! Help Me RECALL the Mayor of New Orleans!!!

Micah Dardar
10-30-2008, 11:53 PM
I mailed off a petition to the Secretary of State's office to be certified to recall the mayor of New Orleans, Ray Nagin. He has proposed a property tax increase to pay for a bloated and record breaking city budget of $1.16 billion. Our city is already in trouble because of excessive wasteful and liberal spending.

Since oil prices have gone down, our state has seemed to go instantly from economic stability to economic uncertainty. Now, our state is expecting to have to make 30% budget cuts. The sick thing is that over 60% of those cuts are probably going to be taken from education. And whatever happened to "give a a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"?

Right now, New Orleans needs real leadership. Many people are sitting around waiting for the 2010 election. I say that we don't have that long to wait. We are stuck with a lame duck in the middle of an economic crisis. I see my city's potential at the mouth of the Mississippi. I want to help to fix this mess.

The certification of the recall petition should be soon. If anyone would like to help, I would appreciate it. The media here may pick it up, but who knows these days. Things have seemed to go completely insane, unless I have just started to analyze things better.

RECALL RAY NAGIN!!

libertythor
10-31-2008, 12:03 AM
Once you get an organization up and running to promote it, I will donate if non-Louisiana residents are able to.

I mailed off a petition to the Secretary of State's office to be certified to recall the mayor of New Orleans, Ray Nagin. He has proposed a property tax increase to pay for a bloated and record breaking city budget of $1.16 billion. Our city is already in trouble because of excessive wasteful and liberal spending.

Since oil prices have gone down, our state has seemed to go instantly from economic stability to economic uncertainty. Now, our state is expecting to have to make 30% budget cuts. The sick thing is that over 60% of those cuts are probably going to be taken from education. And whatever happened to "give a a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"?

Right now, New Orleans needs real leadership. Many people are sitting around waiting for the 2010 election. I say that we don't have that long to wait. We are stuck with a lame duck in the middle of an economic crisis. I see my city's potential at the mouth of the Mississippi. I want to help to fix this mess.

The certification of the recall petition should be soon. If anyone would like to help, I would appreciate it. The media here may pick it up, but who knows these days. Things have seemed to go completely insane, unless I have just started to analyze things better.

RECALL RAY NAGIN!!

Micah Dardar
10-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Hmmm... I'm not planning on accepting donations as of this time. Campaign finance seems like a real pain in the butt. I'm hoping that our "lack-of-mayor" has sold himself on this petition. I'm just hoping that our local media is as eager to get rid of him. I guess we'll soon see.

jave27
10-31-2008, 12:59 AM
What kind of help are you looking for? You basically need people to canvas the neighborhoods and get the residents to sign petitions. We could make phone calls for you, but without an official petition for them to sign, you won't be that effective...