PDA

View Full Version : Your religion

Spider-Man
10-30-2008, 08:13 PM
What is your religious affiliation?

If this has been done before, feel free to let it die.

dirknb@hotmail.com
10-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Deist. I believe in a Creator, but think that all religions are nothing but tools of social and political control.

roho76
10-30-2008, 08:17 PM
What's other? Do they turn water into wine too? Cause I like that shit.

ClayTrainor
10-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Deist. I believe in a Creator, but think that all religions are nothing but tools of social and political control.

Im similar to this, but i dont really believe in anything, there's just no way to know.

There had to of been a creator, but whether he/she/it/them/whatever intended probably had absolutely nothing to do with the human race.

Most religions prove the arrogance of the human race... we feel the universe exists for us.

Voted: undeclared

kaleidoscope eyes
10-30-2008, 08:30 PM
spiritual mutt was not a category, I chose other

heavenlyboy34
10-30-2008, 08:53 PM
me-spirtual, but not religious. Organized religion is one of the worst contrivances in human history. :(

Kotin
10-30-2008, 09:01 PM
I am a Messianic Jewish Buddhist.

Wendi
10-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Christian, other. With strong "fundamentalist" leanings... and a growing belief that organized religion is a mockery of true faith. Figure that one, and if you can let me know 'cause I'm not real sure what it all means right now myself :o

.Tom
11-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Religion is nothing more than control by fear. And those who deny this refuse to see it as such because they themselves are afraid of being punished by their god. I'm all for freedom of religion, but it's just not for me.

Deborah K
11-03-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm a recovering Catholic, so I put 'Christian - other'. But I don't see things the way other so-called "Christians" do. My views on creation/evolution and Christ are like none other.

Natural Citizen
07-19-2016, 11:34 PM
Dang. Poll is closed. I wonder if this has changed since 8 years ago.

Looks like Spider-Man bailed on us, though.

William Tell
07-20-2016, 11:38 AM
Dang. Poll is closed. I wonder if this has changed since 8 years ago.Yeah, I bet it has changed. I'm pretty sure a majority of those on this site who would vote in a poll now would be Christian, not sure about the readership in general. Maybe one of us should make a new poll, maybe a public one. I doubt you could list enough options to make everyone happy.

I hate it when he does that.

wizardwatson
07-20-2016, 11:51 AM
Dang. Poll is closed. I wonder if this has changed since 8 years ago.

Yeah, I bet it has changed. I'm pretty sure a majority of those on this site who would vote in a poll now would be Christian, not sure about the readership in general. Maybe one of us should make a new poll, maybe a public one. I doubt you could list enough options to make everyone happy.

I hate it when he does that.

Created a new poll with exact same options for comparison. Enjoy.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?498273-Your-Religion-Poll-(Comparison-from-2008-private-vote)

Danke
07-20-2016, 11:54 AM
I am a Messianic Jewish Buddhist.

Was there ever any doubt here?

Natural Citizen
07-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I bet it has changed. I'm pretty sure a majority of those on this site who would vote in a poll now would be Christian, not sure about the readership in general. Maybe one of us should make a new poll, maybe a public one. I doubt you could list enough options to make everyone happy.

Well. The reason I was curious about if it has changed at all isn't really to compare different religions or to separate people with any label. To the contrary. I had thought about not even bumpng it when I was skimming over the threads there just because I didn't want to stimulate the wrong energy or the wrong dialogue. I'm of the view that Man's religious nature itself is of value in terms of his relations with other men, and, subsequently, his relationship with government. His ability to self-govern is based on his nature alone. Our traditional government philosophy is, as you may know, religious in nature.

heavenlyboy34
07-20-2016, 02:14 PM
Heh, this is ridiculously out of date and I'm too lazy to fix mine. :) ~hugs~

Kotin
07-21-2016, 01:03 AM
Was there ever any doubt here?

LOL.. so long ago wow.. I am none of those things now.

I believe reality is incomprehensible to our mind and is so far from the way we have framed it through both religion and science.. we are the ant looking at the skyscraper.