PDA

View Full Version : Do anything productive for THIRD parties today?

BeFranklin
10-30-2008, 05:31 PM
I was reading daily paul and I'm amazed at the number of posts asking people to vote for either of the two parties that have just looted the entire nation for five trillion dollars shamelessly in broad daylight.

And I'm seeing it on here with conspiracy theories favoring McCain. There is no shadowy figures here. In broad daylight, both parties nationalized the banks, took over wallstreet, and looted the American people of five trillion dollars. And thats the lite version, because I can't begin to describe all the crimes, payoffs, and corruption that went on in the last five weeks, and you can't either, because they COVERED UP MOST OF IT because of the elections.

That you don't vote ALL of them out of office its a wasted vote.

I got a letter saying essential that read on CNN today. Did you do anything except come crawling back to Obama or McCain so they can bleed you some more today? Just unbelievable some of the messages on here.

If you want to do something productive, ask everyone you know to vote out of office both political parties for being utteraly corrupt.

Dorfsmith
10-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes! Well said Ben.

Lovecraftian4Paul
10-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Absolutely agreed. The Republicans are scum with very few saving graces, the Democrats are no better. It's two wings of the same party. We need a true opposition party in this country. Getting the word out on the Presidential level is very tough this year, but I'm pushing hard for third party candidates lower down the ticket, where the frightened masses are more open to voting third party.

TruthAtLast
10-30-2008, 06:22 PM
The few people who vote Republican usually do so for two reasons.

1) they associate the Republican party with what it once stood for, even though there is nothing left of that party. The GOP is no more "Republican" than any other party. The only people holding onto the true Republican values are us... and they don't want us.... in fact they have flat out denied us any involvement with the party as we saw in the primaries. The party would RATHER LOSE than represent our values. Yet people hold onto this myth that we are the party when all evidence is to the contrary.

2) they vote for McCain while holding their nose in an attempt to stop Obama and a filibuster-proof Democrat trifecta (President, House, Senate). They think a vote for McCain is a "defensive" play.

Though there may be a sliver of merit here, I think the problem is that this line of thinking is too short sighted. For real change to be made, it can't happen in a single election. Heck, it might not even happen in a single decade. But we MUST break the two party hold on the country or break the power of the STATE altogether.

Whichever path is chosen, the solution CAN'T be to continue to vote for the party that enslaves us (which is both of these parties).

It is like a slave getting beat twice per day that votes for someone that hopefully will only beat them twice per week, rather than fighting the underlying question of whether or not they should be enslaved.

Oyate
10-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Do anything productive for THIRD parties today? Did anybody answer the question?

Me, yes. I got an article up on FreedomsPhoenix about the debate today and then posted around InformationClearinghouse.info. Then I published one about the Suday vice debate at FreedomsPhoenix and updated the first with new info. Not my greatest day of accomplishments but not the worst.

ItsTime
10-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Lets see we have 3 Ron Paul reps running for office here in my district. Not all two party people are evil. You just have to know which ones to vote for.

Dave39168
10-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Yes. I worked it into two different conversations today. I do that every chance I get. Most often, the conversation starts by people hating on Obama. So first I agree with them on that. Then when they start bragging on McCain I gently point out some of the crap he supports. They say "I see what your saying, but who are you voting for?" And there's the open door.

Paulitical Correctness
10-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Just conversation man, it's probably the most effective thing one can do.

I've personally noticed a large increase in "Ron Paul", "Libertarian", "third party", etc. name dropping going on in various circles of friends along with their friends, and people I've never met. Perhaps I'm trying to make myself feel important, but I like to assume hearing these people that are friends of friends of friends talking about issues and liberty and whatnot, is in part because of me. :D

Speaking of word-of-mouth, face-to-face interaction...what's up with ronpaulhawaii's project? Was there a site for it? IMO it's pure genius.

BeFranklin
10-31-2008, 01:13 AM
Do anything productive for THIRD parties today? Did anybody answer the question?

Me, yes. I got an article up on FreedomsPhoenix about the debate today and then posted around InformationClearinghouse.info. Then I published one about the Suday vice debate at FreedomsPhoenix and updated the first with new info. Not my greatest day of accomplishments but not the worst.

:D

Bump for Halloween. Lots of chances to do something today :)

BeFranklin
10-31-2008, 01:14 AM
Yes. I worked it into two different conversations today. I do that every chance I get. Most often, the conversation starts by people hating on Obama. So first I agree with them on that. Then when they start bragging on McCain I gently point out some of the crap he supports. They say "I see what your saying, but who are you voting for?" And there's the open door.

I know someone like this, who I really think would be happy supporting someone like RP, but they are too caught up in voting for the lesser of two evils - after which the two evils will play golf together in DC :rolleyes:

angelatc
10-31-2008, 01:15 AM
Yes I send money and I think I got my Mom to consider voting 3rd party.

BeFranklin
10-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Just conversation man, it's probably the most effective thing one can do.

I've personally noticed a large increase in "Ron Paul", "Libertarian", "third party", etc. name dropping going on in various circles of friends along with their friends, and people I've never met. Perhaps I'm trying to make myself feel important, but I like to assume hearing these people that are friends of friends of friends talking about issues and liberty and whatnot, is in part because of me. :D

Speaking of word-of-mouth, face-to-face interaction...what's up with ronpaulhawaii's project? Was there a site for it? IMO it's pure genius.

Time to get out my RP hat for the election -- its not too early to say I told you so :cool:

401k's are going down the tubes, and the democrats want to nationalize it to plunder some more. I'm pretty sure at the point the government is bankrupting everyone, they just might start to wake up, so time to be there for em :)

BeFranklin
10-31-2008, 01:21 AM
Yes I send money and I think I got my Mom to consider voting 3rd party.

My mother is an avid RP supporter. I'm lucky, my parents both subscribed to liberty views the whole time I was growing up.