PDA

View Full Version : Is Patriot Post KIDDING with this crap?

Sematary
09-07-2007, 10:54 AM
The way they're talking, you'd think Fred Thompson was the reincarnation of Ronald Reagan and Jesus Christ all rolled up into one...

snip...

For the record, however, I know Fred Thompson—the man. I know his character, his intellect and his sincerity, and I know his views on the supremacy of our Constitution. Fred’s style is evocative of Ronald Reagan’s strengths. Like Reagan, Thompson speaks right over the heads of his opponents and the Leftmedia, directly to the people. For that reason and more, the Democrats fear Fred Thompson.

Letters@contact.PatriotPost.US
Send a letter to the above email to let them know who the REAL constitutional candidate is.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 10:56 AM
The way they're talking, you'd think Fred Thompson was the reincarnation of Ronald Reagan and Jesus Christ all rolled up into one...

snip...

For the record, however, I know Fred Thompson—the man. I know his character, his intellect and his sincerity, and I know his views on the supremacy of our Constitution. Fred’s style is evocative of Ronald Reagan’s strengths. Like Reagan, Thompson speaks right over the heads of his opponents and the Leftmedia, directly to the people. For that reason and more, the Democrats fear Fred Thompson.

Letters@contact.PatriotPost.US
Send a letter to the above email to let them know who the REAL constitutional candidate is.

No, I doubt they're kidding. They wrote an article some time back, slamming Dr. Paul. It made me sick.

By the way, could you post the link to the article you are referencing?

Nevermind. Here it is:
http://archive.patriotpost.us/pub/07-36_Digest/index.php#continued

American
09-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I wouldnt waste my time personally, I'm going to work on the Democrats before those Neo Cons tools. Ron Paul is the only anti war candidate and that very attractive to the left. We have had how many televised debates and straw polls.

Fred stayed out of the race to be coached on his position sure he sounds good like any actor would.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Take a look at this:
http://patriotpost.us/alexander/edition.asp?id=546

It's not horrible, but it's bad enough.

Sematary
09-07-2007, 11:01 AM
I just sent this email through their contact link:

I just finished reading your story on Fred Thompson and I have to admit, I'm mystified. This is the same man that quit Congress because it was too much work, right? This IS the same Fred Thompson who has shown that he is willing to allow grassroots organizations to be hamstrung by the government by restricting their right to communicate with the public? Correct? The same Fred Thompson who was for requiring the IRS to require political and policy organizations to disclose their membership? This is the same Fred Thompson whom the website Conservatives against Fred Thompson says:

"The Conservatives Against Fred Thompson volunteers have compiled a list of proposals supported by Fred Dalton Thompson in the senate that include Gun Bans, confiscations and limitations to the free speech of Gun Rights Advocates. Dates and bill numbers are provided so this information can be easily verified."
http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com/2007/06/11/fred-thompsons-anti-gun-senate-record/

The only TRUE constitutionalist and defender of the Republic is RON PAUL. Not, Fred Thompson. I'm certain he is a real nice guy, as you have said, but that doesn't make him presidential material, and neither does his voting record.

Bob Larkin

Sematary
09-07-2007, 11:01 AM
No, I doubt they're kidding. They wrote an article some time back, slamming Dr. Paul. It made me sick.

By the way, could you post the link to the article you are referencing?

Nevermind. Here it is:
http://archive.patriotpost.us/pub/07-36_Digest/index.php#continued

Woops - sorry:
http://patriotpost.us/

Cunningham
09-07-2007, 11:03 AM
We need Jim Jones to spike the Neo-cons Kool-aid.

Sematary
09-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Take a look at this:
http://patriotpost.us/alexander/edition.asp?id=546

It's not horrible, but it's bad enough.

Actually, I thought it was well written and explained why THAT conservative disagreed with Ron Paul and wouldn't be voting for him. It seemed fair and wasn't an attack piece by any stretch.

MsDoodahs
09-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Joe Scarborough this morning early on MSNBC was saying that it is someone inside Fred T's campaign that is encouraging the Reagan comparison, and that such a tactic will fail - and fail miserably; Joe said he knows Fred and can't understand why someone inside the campaign is trying to draw the comparison because the only common thing is the acting gig. :eek:

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Actually, I thought it was well written and explained why THAT conservative disagreed with Ron Paul and wouldn't be voting for him. It seemed fair and wasn't an attack piece by any stretch.

I don't think they described his position accurately at all. They were trying to slot him in the Libertarian camp, just like all the rest. Paul is a Constitutionalist first, and a libertarian-conservative. The very thing that Reagan called himself. For them to say that Paul does not take the side of the Constitution is a lie. The Constitution is all about limited government. If the author had read one damn thing written by the Founders, he would know that they were all about the individual.

No, this piece was much more sly, but the intent was the same. Separate Paul from conservatism and thus, voting Republicans.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Joe Scarborough this morning early on MSNBC was saying that it is someone inside Fred T's campaign that is encouraging the Reagan comparison, and that such a tactic will fail - and fail miserably; Joe said he knows Fred and can't understand why someone inside the campaign is trying to draw the comparison because the only common thing is the acting gig. :eek:

Good for him! Right on.

JS4Pat
09-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I just sent this email through their contact link:

I just finished reading your story on Fred Thompson and I have to admit, I'm mystified. This is the same man that quit Congress because it was too much work, right? This IS the same Fred Thompson who has shown that he is willing to allow grassroots organizations to be hamstrung by the government by restricting their right to communicate with the public? Correct? The same Fred Thompson who was for requiring the IRS to require political and policy organizations to disclose their membership? This is the same Fred Thompson whom the website Conservatives against Fred Thompson says:

"The Conservatives Against Fred Thompson volunteers have compiled a list of proposals supported by Fred Dalton Thompson in the senate that include Gun Bans, confiscations and limitations to the free speech of Gun Rights Advocates. Dates and bill numbers are provided so this information can be easily verified."
http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com/2007/06/11/fred-thompsons-anti-gun-senate-record/

The only TRUE constitutionalist and defender of the Republic is RON PAUL. Not, Fred Thompson. I'm certain he is a real nice guy, as you have said, but that doesn't make him presidential material, and neither does his voting record.

Bob Larkin

Great Letter!

This should be saved somewhere as a template for others to use in their responses to the "Conservative" talking heads who are sure to begin jumping on board with Freddy the Fraud.

Sematary
09-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Great Letter!

This should be saved somewhere as a template for others to use in their responses to the "Conservative" talking heads who are sure to begin jumping on board with Freddy the Fraud.

Put it on one of the other forums - it will never move. ;)