PDA

View Full Version : Paythevote?

fatjohn
10-30-2008, 01:56 PM
So i read a comic book of Irwin Schiff a few weeks ago and it got me thinking...

It said that in a true free market society people should pay to vote. And each one as much as the other one and not compared to how much they earn.

I'm really fond of the first part. Because a much greater percentage of paulites would vote then the obamabots or mccainiacs, because we are convinced about our guy, while there are alot of people who don't really think about it but just vote to vote.
Shouldn't it be to such an extend that paying to vote is a huge chunk of total taxes. So people who want to decide who's going to govern them are paying for it. It's like paying for a service right. I think it should be better, because right now democracy is like communism everyone equal and no stimulus to think about who to vote for.

On the other hand it might get to far to say that everyone should pay the same because that might be a helping hand for fraude.

Let me know what you guys think.
The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter. - Winston Churchill.

fatjohn
10-30-2008, 05:41 PM
anybody?

nate895
10-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Not only is it unconstitutional, but we have already seen what this does. This system eventually forms into feudalism of some variety, and then the rich who can afford to vote will then just use the government for their purpose.

fatjohn
10-31-2008, 02:19 AM
Not only is it unconstitutional, but we have already seen what this does. This system eventually forms into feudalism of some variety, and then the rich who can afford to vote will then just use the government for their purpose.

So you're saying it will all stay the same.:(