PDA

View Full Version : Just got a call from a Lawson volunteer...

mcgraw_wv
10-30-2008, 12:45 PM
And I must say, who the heck do they have working the phones? This kid was completely out of touch, sounded high off his ass, and completely stumbled over himself to the point, with out me saying anything, he stumbled back and said how sorry he was for wasting my time...

I said, Dude your not wasting my time, I said I will donate...

Oh im sorry, I didn't mean to bother you...

Then I said, What the heck are you even doing on these phones... I am going to donate, you need some extra cash, ill get on the web site tonight and donate a little.

Ok, well, im sorry for wasting your time ( all while stumbling his speech... )

I just said... what the heck... and hung up...

I'll still send him some cash, but Mr. Lawson, get some people who didn't just smoke a joint on your phone calls... If I wasn't a die hard, I would NOT be sending money, and My vote just might have been sent somewhere else...

Wow...

matratzac
10-30-2008, 01:00 PM
maybe it was actually someone from price's campaign posing as a lawson caller. hmmmm

yongrel
10-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, they weren't high; they had never cold-called before. I work as a telemarketer/phone bank operator part-time, and that's how most of the new callers sound. They get freaked out and extremely nervous about calling, and they don't even listen to the person they've called. Last shift I worked, the bloke next to me hung up on a guy who had donated $500 every year for 20 years because he was too busy freaking out.

It may be the case that this guy who called you volunteered without knowing what he was getting into, and not being prepared for it.

Or... you were called by someone who was high. That could be it too :D

Jeremy
10-30-2008, 01:03 PM
It amazes me how you're whining and youre so lazy that you're in the district, are complaining, but aren't volunteering yourself. You call yourself a die hard? Oh please! You live in the district. I live 600 miles away and did more for the Lawson campaign than you! Go make some calls asap! Get on it! :)

JoshLowry
10-30-2008, 01:05 PM
What yongrel said makes sense, he could have been high and paranoid about screwing up. :D

ItsTime
10-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Sorry it was me I was high

jblosser
10-30-2008, 01:10 PM
They're new people calling from other parts of the country as part of their new distributed calling effort. You don't like it, help.

Bruno
10-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Sorry it was me I was high

beat me to it ;)

Bossobass
10-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Ancient Italian Proverb: "Man who is standing with hands in pockets should never tell man who is working how it's done."

Part of my little 'Ron Paul Machine' is at Chapel Hill and have been working their tails off for BJ since day one. Some of them certainly lack door to door and phone skills, but they show up and try.

My son is founding Students For Liberty with national backing at UNC Wilmington, facing the avalanche of Obamaites fearlessly.

I love those young folks. Most of them kick a$$ and take names and have traveled the country without complaint for RP.

None of them call me 'dude'. The phoner is a noob. He'll get stronger. Trust me.

Bosso

torchbearer
10-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Um, instead of being insulted by the OPs post, shouldn't someone notify the campaign.
This guy could do more harm than good.
I don't see this as an attack on the campain or its volunteers, but a problem that needs to be addressed in a very serious manner, very quickly.

qh4dotcom
10-30-2008, 02:01 PM
And I must say, who the heck do they have working the phones? This kid was completely out of touch, sounded high off his ass, and completely stumbled over himself to the point, with out me saying anything, he stumbled back and said how sorry he was for wasting my time...

I said, Dude your not wasting my time, I said I will donate...

Oh im sorry, I didn't mean to bother you...

Then I said, What the heck are you even doing on these phones... I am going to donate, you need some extra cash, ill get on the web site tonight and donate a little.

Ok, well, im sorry for wasting your time ( all while stumbling his speech... )

I just said... what the heck... and hung up...

I'll still send him some cash, but Mr. Lawson, get some people who didn't just smoke a joint on your phone calls... If I wasn't a die hard, I would NOT be sending money, and My vote just might have been sent somewhere else...

Wow...

Your profile says you're in Jacksonville, FL....why would a Lawson volunteer call someone in Florida instead of someone in North Carolina's 4th district?

mcgraw_wv
10-30-2008, 02:40 PM
It amazes me how you're whining and youre so lazy that you're in the district, are complaining, but aren't volunteering yourself. You call yourself a die hard? Oh please! You live in the district. I live 600 miles away and did more for the Lawson campaign than you! Go make some calls asap! Get on it! :)

Dude I live in Jacksonville, I donated on the money bomb...

mcgraw_wv
10-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Your profile says you're in Jacksonville, FL....why would a Lawson volunteer call someone in Florida instead of someone in North Carolina's 4th district?

Money...

They are calling everyone that has donated ( obviously you haven't yet ;) ) and looking for extra cash for a final push...

completely typical to hit up people you know who have donated before.

Jeremy
10-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Money...

They are calling everyone that has donated ( obviously you haven't yet ;) ) and looking for extra cash for a final push...

I've donated several times

Didn't know they were calling donors

TruthAtLast
10-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Yeah, they weren't high; they had never cold-called before. I work as a telemarketer/phone bank operator part-time, and that's how most of the new callers sound. They get freaked out and extremely nervous about calling, and they don't even listen to the person they've called. Last shift I worked, the bloke next to me hung up on a guy who had donated $500 every year for 20 years because he was too busy freaking out.

It may be the case that this guy who called you volunteered without knowing what he was getting into, and not being prepared for it.

Or... you were called by someone who was high. That could be it too :D

can't someone create a training program for practice calls? lol

I also got a call from a lawson phone banker today but she was really nice and sounded calm. I was running into a meeting and she kindly said that she would try back again later.

TruthAtLast
10-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Money...

wonder if they are working from the top down. starting with the biggest donors first? Or maybe it is just alphabetical. I don't know what their process is.

torchbearer
10-30-2008, 03:44 PM
The biggest donors who have yet to max out should be getting a personal call from lawson.
obviously, he can't do every call... but to make 10 or so calls wouldn't take more than an hour.

Kludge
10-30-2008, 03:48 PM
//

cska80
10-30-2008, 03:49 PM
I got a call about 2 hours ago from a girl working for Lawson asking if I'd like to donate again or if I'd like to volunteer to call voters.

Shotdown1027
10-30-2008, 04:58 PM
New phone bankers often do this, it's ohk--dont freak out on the poor guy.

But, Im glad the Lawson campaign is doing last-minute phone banking on former donors,that is good.

yongrel
10-30-2008, 05:28 PM
can't someone create a training program for practice calls? lol

I also got a call from a lawson phone banker today but she was really nice and sounded calm. I was running into a meeting and she kindly said that she would try back again later.

Well, if anyone is interested in calling for Lawson and needs some help, I've got an unfortunate amount of experience.

If anyone wants some tips, PM me.