PDA

View Full Version : An Idea Whose Time Has Come...(Humor)

JaylieWoW
10-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Dear Fellow Business Owners:

As a Business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama will be our next President and that my Taxes and Fees, will go up in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, I figure that the Customer will have to see an increase in my fees to them of about 8%. I will also have to lay off 6 of my employees. This really bothered me as I believe we are a family here and didn’t know how to choose who will have to go.

So, this is what I did. I strolled through the parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on my employees cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can’t think of another fair way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know. I am sending this letter to all Business owners that I know.

Anthony T
10-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Laying them off won't matter. Obama will just pay them welfare checks with your tax dollars. :D:p

dannno
10-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Wow, keep that on the down-low... if they find out you let them go because they support Obama you could have a lawsuit on your hands..

OferNave
10-30-2008, 01:41 PM
It's one of the great mysteries of life that a person intelligent and rational enough to successfully run a business employing 30 people still can't figure out the simple fact that there is absolutely no difference between Obama and McCain.

torchbearer
10-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Wow, keep that on the down-low... if they find out you let them go because they support Obama you could have a lawsuit on your hands..

In Louisiana, there are no right to work laws. I like that.
Business owners can fire you for any reason. It doesn't matter. (unless it racial- then the fed sticks their nose in it)

Kludge
10-30-2008, 01:50 PM
lol :D

constitutional
10-30-2008, 01:55 PM
In Louisiana, there are no right to work laws. I like that.
Business owners can fire you for any reason. It doesn't matter. (unless it racial- then the fed sticks their nose in it)

Don't say "fed sticks their nose in it". If the issue involves race, the fed has every right to step in.

wizardwatson
10-30-2008, 02:00 PM

I don't think this is illegal, not 'yet' anyway. You can't discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation or disability (edit: forgot race). The government has to explicitly tell you what you're not allowed to discriminate against, but its a private business so everything else is fair game.

For instance, you can discriminate based on whether someones, attractive or not, fat or skinny, dirty and stinky, poor or wealthy, smart or stupid, or anything else you can think of.

The whole 'discrimination' argument is just a buzz-word for collectivists.

torchbearer
10-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Don't say "fed sticks their nose in it". If the issue involves race, the fed has every right to step in.

No they don't. Its private property.
Unless the fed is financing the payroll.
An owner can hire and fire on any basis, whether you think its right or not, because its not your property. You have no right over it.
There are free market ways to punish racist owners.
Government has no right on any level to control business decisions.

wizardwatson
10-30-2008, 02:07 PM
An owner can hire and fire on any basis, whether you think its right or not, because its not your property. You have no right over it.

Well, I agree they have no 'right' but they do stick their nose in.

It's called the EEOC (http://www.eeoc.gov).

But if you have less than 15 employees, it doesn't apply to you I think anyway.

constitutional
10-30-2008, 02:10 PM

I know where you are coming from, I've taken the same position in the past and still hold the same position.

Pardon my lame/stupid excuse but I'm really tired right now, I might add to this when I get time.

TruthAtLast
10-30-2008, 02:11 PM
thank you for this post. It just made my day. :D

ShannonOBrien
10-30-2008, 02:14 PM
That could really blow up in your face and it doesn't seem right anyway. Instead, you could use this as an opportunity to teach what Obama's policies actual affects are to the Obama supporters. Just do what every business does and let go of the ones that are least productive. Tell everyone first though that the reason they are getting laid off is because of the Obama tax increases and that you just simply can't afford it. You will probably wake more people up that way then just firing all the Obama supporters which will make you look like you are discriminating against them and won't make you look good.

JaylieWoW
10-30-2008, 02:22 PM
To clarify a couple of things...

1. I am not a business owner.

2. It's only a joke meant to make you chuckle but at the same time get others who are on the fence to think a little more before voting for Obama.

3. I didn't write this, I'm not that witty (much to my dismay).

4. I thought it was funny if you take it only at face value and not read TOO much into it.

I <3 RonPaulForums.com!