PDA

View Full Version : Ridicule and contempt

klamath
09-07-2007, 10:31 AM
I believe that the republican establishment is making another huge mistake. I didn't have a big problem with Huckabee after the debate but the whole setup of of laughter, loaded questions and comments dripping with contempt are really torquing me. I seriously believe that the top tier candidates and Fox coordinated the whole setup. Well their ridicule and contempt against Ron Paul may very well come back to haunt them. Heated disagreements is one thing but pure contempt and ridicule against RP is a bad bad tactic. As a solid Republican voter it was my intention to just not vote in November or write in Ron Paul if he doesn't get the nomination. But any more of this ridicule and I might vote for Hillary out of spite. If other long time republican voters are feeling the way I am that spells even more trouble for the republicans. I talked to my brother and he feels the same way. If that happens it goes from 1 million not voting republican, to 1 million more votes for Hillary. I never in the world thought I would say that but they had better start showing some respect:mad:

Rivington Essex
09-07-2007, 10:32 AM
First they laugh at you..

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Voting for Hillary would not spite them. I think that is the plan anyway. To get Hillary in the White House to finish off our country.

The only way to spite them, is to continue working your tail off to get Ron Paul nominated. If he wins the Republican nomination, he WILL win the general election.

Man from La Mancha
09-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Just become a Reblican party member and delegate.

Santana28
09-07-2007, 10:38 AM
i really think the GOP consider Ron to be the "Mike Gravel" of the Republican Party. They want to portray him as the angry, slightly senile old man who is a one-issue candidate. For whatever reason they think that is how he comes off when he is attacked on the War issue... thats why they keep doing it.

Thats the reason why you never hear him asked about Illegal Immigration, Healthcare, or any other topic besides the war and abolishing the government - they think they have him pinned down, and they don't even see that they're losing this one badly. They're too arrogant. They think being heard laughing at him and belittling him makes them look wise - they think everyone thinks like they do.

We'll see who has the last laugh.

klamath
09-07-2007, 10:38 AM

The sad part is I always have been a republican. Believe me I am not giving up on getting RP elected.

Man from La Mancha
09-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Voting for Hillary would not spite them. I think that is the plan anyway. To get Hillary in the White House to finish off our country.

The only way to spite them, is to continue working your tail off to get Ron Paul nominated. If he wins the Republican nomination, he WILL win the general election.

Wow LibertyEagle, over 4800 posts, is it too hot in Texas to ever leave your house?:D

maggiebott
09-07-2007, 10:45 AM
A lot of you need to research Builderberg if you think this is about party. Do you really think that we wouldn't have invaded Afghanistan or Iraq if Gore would have won in 2000?
The elitists are whom we should be fighting and Ron Paul is their biggest threat. Have you not heard the speech Kennedy made? You are nitpicking left and right which isn't even close to the big picture. Look at the top tier candidates that belong to CFR.

specsaregood
09-07-2007, 10:46 AM

It sure seems that way, doesn't it.

Bossobass
09-07-2007, 10:47 AM
I believe that the republican establishment is making another huge mistake. I didn't have a big problem with Huckabee after the debate but the whole setup of of laughter, loaded questions and comments dripping with contempt are really torquing me. I seriously believe that the top tier candidates and Fox coordinated the whole setup. Well their ridicule and contempt against Ron Paul may very well come back to haunt them. Heated disagreements is one thing but pure contempt and ridicule against RP is a bad bad tactic. As a solid Republican voter it was my intention to just not vote in November or write in Ron Paul if he doesn't get the nomination. But any more of this ridicule and I might vote for Hillary out of spite. If other long time republican voters are feeling the way I am that spells even more trouble for the republicans. I talked to my brother and he feels the same way. If that happens it goes from 1 million not voting republican, to 1 million more votes for Hillary. I never in the world thought I would say that but they had better start showing some respect:mad:

I couldn't agree more. I met Huckabee in Iowa, spoke with him, went into his war room and spoke with some of his people. I decided that he was a nice enough man and a worthy opponent and decided to let him be...until the debate. The gloves are off.

I know RP will never use these ridiculous tactics to fight fire with fire, but I'm not above telling it like it is regarding the mud-slinging, war-mongering, tax-increasing, government-growing, Amnesty-favoring, Preemptive nuclear strike-proponent, civil liberties-destroying, establishment-pandering, opportunist, coward of a Baptist Minister who rose from Lt. Governor when his convicted-felon-crook-Clinton accomplice-Governor resigned.

He has a truckload of skeletons. I'm parading them out of the closet against this sniveling coward starting yesterday.

Bosso

Bob Cochran
09-07-2007, 10:50 AM
If he wins the Republican nomination, he WILL win the general election.
If the GOP can possibly prevent a Ron Paul nomination, they absolutely will. They are far too bought into the current house-of-cards hyper-juiced economy and the ill-advised military adventures (which of course fuel the Military Industrial Complex, which lines the pockets of Bush, Cheney, McCain, etc.).

American
09-07-2007, 10:53 AM
All of the front runners are just two faces of the same evil.

jj111
09-07-2007, 10:54 AM

What did it take to become a delegate?