PDA

View Full Version : Political action project!!!!!!!!!

tangent4ronpaul
10-30-2008, 09:07 AM
TIME IS VERY SHORT! - This has to happen FAST!

Remember last Halloween? - one person had an idea to promote Ron Paul by wrapping each piece of candy with piece of paper the exact size of the paper wrapper on those little candy bars - like chocolate and using a clue stick to attach them. Unfortunately, they wanted to make a ton of money off the movement by charging 20 cents per wrapper - so it never really came off.

Lets use that idea only this time have the labels read: Additional slogans welcome - please contribute!)

Your Senator voted for the Bailout - vote for someone else
Your Representative voted for the bailout - vote for someone else
Happy with McCain or Obama? - vote third party
Vote third party
Happy with the bailout? - give Congress a pink slip
(3 lines)(big bold)We need CHANGE! - (smaller print)In Congress! - (big bold)Vote um out!
VOTE DIFFERENT!
McCain and Obama pushed the bailout - vote third party

OK - some of those are a bit long - remember it has to fit on a small bar of chocolate - can we come up with some good slogans? Tweak those? Other suggestions?

Each piece should have something in smaller print saying TELL YOUR PARENTS! or SHOW YOUR PARENTS. Kids are only the vector - they won't be the ones voting.

Beyond that, we need a graphic artist or two to come up with the sheets with lines and graphics/messages that can be printed out by supporters and wrapped around each piece of candy. Any volunteers?

OK, the other thing people can do is make tombstones. There ia a article posted here somewhere about that. The "deceased" this time might be:

RIP US Economy
RIP Representative Government
RIP Fair Elections
RIP The Fifth Estate / Unbiased Media

hmm... nuther candy slogan: (big bold)News has become propaganda (smaller) 8 years ago, 150 companies controlled TV news - now 6 do.

Lets do this!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
10-30-2008, 09:10 AM
The Tombstone thread is here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=26687&highlight=tombstones

and here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=19278&highlight=tombstones

(contains HowTo, resource links and slogans)

-t

tangent4ronpaul
10-30-2008, 11:17 AM
WOW! - don't everyone jump onboard at once...

I guess the Ron Paul movement is truly dead!

RIP Ron Paul Grassroots - you will be missed... :(

-t

ShowMeLiberty
10-30-2008, 11:29 AM
WOW! - don't everyone jump onboard at once...

I guess the Ron Paul movement is truly dead!

RIP Ron Paul Grassroots - you will be missed... :(

-t

I think it's just that there is almost no time left to prepare for this. It is a good idea, though.

Additional slogan suggestions:

Your Senator voted against the Bailout. Re-Elect Senator _______.
Your Representative voted against the bailout. Re-Elect Rep. _____.

Sheepdog11
10-30-2008, 11:31 AM
I started a similar thread yesterday, based off of the idea of creating and spreading pamphlets through a chain reaction across the U.S.... heck, I even worked hard to put up my own pamphlet design incase people couldn't make their own! ...only 25 views and no replies.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=165421

Sad now nobody cares anymore.

ShowMeLiberty
10-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Just another quick thought - you wouldn't necessarily have to attach the little labels to the candy. You could just drop it in the goodie bag separately. That would save a LOT of prep time.

tangent4ronpaul
10-30-2008, 12:40 PM
I started a similar thread yesterday, based off of the idea of creating and spreading pamphlets through a chain reaction across the U.S.... heck, I even worked hard to put up my own pamphlet design incase people couldn't make their own! ...only 25 views and no replies.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=165421

Sad now nobody cares anymore.

That's an excellent pamphlet!

thanks,

-t

TastyWheat
10-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Just another quick thought - you wouldn't necessarily have to attach the little labels to the candy. You could just drop it in the goodie bag separately. That would save a LOT of prep time.
Sure, that'd do. Obviously the kids aren't going to vote but the parents will probably see it. It's like reverse-canvassing! Take advantage!

Sheepdog11
10-30-2008, 02:54 PM
This is a great idea, and yet it fell to the 2nd page without much attention.

I would totally do this myself if it weren't for the fact that I'm living on a college campus and am not in a position to be giving candy out to visitors, lol.

Anyway, I hope this thread gets more attention. The fact that the election is almost at its end should only be more motivation - this is when politics is getting the most attention!