PDA

View Full Version : Just heard a Campaign for Liberty radio ad

liberteebell
10-30-2008, 05:48 AM
It was sort of in favor of the incumbent representative in Virginia's 2nd district, Thelma Drake, who voted against the bailout and sort of against the challenger, Glen Nye who refused to answer how he would have voted. It asked people to call Nye regarding the bailout.

Drake will probably get my vote because of her stand on the bailout but there are few other things she does for the cause of liberty, the exception that she's good on eminent domain.

I was thrilled to hear the words "paid for by the Campaign for Liberty" but thought the ad was pretty weak.

Anyone else hear ads locally?

liberteebell
10-30-2008, 07:12 AM
Anyone else heard one of these local ads?

heavenlyboy34
10-30-2008, 06:42 PM
sadly, no. :(

ItsTime
10-30-2008, 06:47 PM
sweet! Im glad to know our money is helping out. Is there a page where I can listen to this ad?

liberteebell
10-31-2008, 06:28 AM
sweet! Im glad to know our money is helping out. Is there a page where I can listen to this ad?

Not that I know of but it was very similar to the sample ad that was done for BJ Lawson, just with the names changed.

My beef with the ad is that it was a milquetoast endorsement of the republican incumbent; yes, she voted against the bailout but she's voted for nearly every other Big Government issue there is. And then telling us to call the challenger and tell him to "get on board". Wtf is that?

Same with the Lawson ad but Lawson is a true Liberty Candidate---I'd liked to have heard something stronger and something that's all positive and appeals more to emotion; not mine, but the emotions of the general teevee watching/radio listening public.

Time to hire some of the creative types from the grassroots.

tangent4ronpaul
11-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Glad to hear SOMETHING ran in at least one location - but yes - pretty bad ad... :(

-t