PDA

View Full Version : Remember, remember, the 5th of November...?

SonicInfinity
10-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Is anything planned anywhere for this November 5th? You'd think with it being the day after the elections, something big would be happening.

I hope after Obama wins, he doesn't try to capitalize on it being November 5th, since that would be the ultimate irony...

BarryDonegan
10-30-2008, 02:09 AM
coincidence?

PauliticsPolitics
10-30-2008, 02:15 AM
November 5th as the RP fundraising day?
or November 5th as Guy Faulkes Night?

SonicInfinity
10-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Last year, there were a bunch of events going on, including the Ron Paul fundraising event. Now I haven't seen a single event planned for the date. I just find it to be a little odd.

MRoCkEd
10-30-2008, 10:00 AM
I heard C4L might do a "registration bomb" or something

Nate K
10-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Something big will happen..

We'll all post on ronpaulforums.

Bill M DC
10-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Is anything planned anywhere for this November 5th? You'd think with it being the day after the elections, something big would be happening.

I hope after Obama wins, he doesn't try to capitalize on it being November 5th, since that would be the ultimate irony...

There's actions planned in DC. I'll get the details together and post.

hotbrownsauce
10-30-2008, 05:13 PM
An e-mail from the C4L said they were trying to set up a Money Bomb for C4L on November 5th. At least that is what I remember......

-lotus-
10-30-2008, 05:14 PM
i think anything planned for this date would be overshadowed by the election results.

BeFranklin
10-30-2008, 05:18 PM
The pope will rise up and be caught again in gunpowder treason and plot,
I know no reason why
the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.

Remember, remember the Fifth of November.

Andrew-Austin
10-30-2008, 05:18 PM
This forum and the entire liberty movement will breath a collective sigh of relief that the elections are simply over, and that we don't have to hear about it anymore. No more dead horses will be beaten.

And we'll be celebrating a BJ Lawson victory.

thehighwaymanq
10-30-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm being V for Halloween and wearing the whole costume to school tomorrow.

The hardest thing I've ever gone- remembering the V introduction to Evey.

s35wf
10-30-2008, 06:09 PM
everytime i hear/read this: remember, remember, the 5th of Nov a big smile comes across my face with visions of parliament (white house) being blown up with big red white & blue fireworks. man it would be great if a guy fawkes moment really happened :D

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-30-2008, 08:33 PM
everytime i hear/read this: remember, remember, the 5th of Nov a big smile comes across my face with visions of parliament (white house) being blown up with big red white & blue fireworks. man it would be great if a guy fawkes moment really happened :D

no. actually it wouldn't be very cool at all.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1788342#post1788342

no one reads books anymore?

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-30-2008, 08:43 PM
My thoughts about this post-election season:

it will be another "too close to call" finish, just as Obama has stated it would be. There will be recounts, protest, lawsuits, and political chaos. When everyone is looking the wrong way, an "event" will occur which will "test" our new president. National unity will be called for and people will give it in the fever of nationalism.

At least this is what Obama, Biden, Powell, and others have eluded to.

I guess we'll find out. That sigh of relief we are all looking for.... not for a long long while. Maybe not in our lifetimes. We have so much work and so much to endure ahead of us.

Bruno
10-30-2008, 08:51 PM
My thoughts about this post-election season:

it will be another "too close to call" finish, just as Obama has stated it would be. There will be recounts, protest, lawsuits, and political chaos. When everyone is looking the wrong way, an "event" will occur which will "test" our new president. National unity will be called for and people will give it in the fever of nationalism.

At least this is what Obama, Biden, Powell, and others have eluded to.

I guess we'll find out. That sigh of relief we are all looking for.... not for a long long while. Maybe not in our lifetimes. We have so much work and so much to endure ahead of us.

Someone on local talk radio said they saw armored assault vehicles being unloaded in Des Moines the other day. Our police does not have such a vehicle. Guess they are preparing for....??

RevolutionSD
10-30-2008, 09:13 PM
It's sad for me to think back to 1 year ago Nov 5th and all the excitement that was building with the liberty movement.

Now, a year later, most of the country has lost its head with Obamamania, and Dr. Paul's libertarian principles are simply a side show, and a moment in history.

I have to wonder what's going to happen when the whole system comes unglued. Will we become fully communist or will people start to realize Ron Paul was right?

Shotdown1027
10-30-2008, 09:18 PM
There is much more fun to come.

David40
10-30-2008, 09:52 PM
I just saw the movie V for the first time night before last. What a cool ass movie!:D

StateofTrance
10-30-2008, 10:46 PM
There is much more fun to come.

+ hopefully..

Good ole days..We made RFP's server to reboot...Refreshing Refreshing ..Oh those money bombs..Amazing Amazing :D