PDA

View Full Version : Books about the Arab-Israeli conflict

Fields
10-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Hey guys and gals, I was wondering if anyone knew some good books about the history or an overview of the Arab-Israeli conflict?

Mods: Can you leave this thread here til I receive a few answers. Thanks.

fj45lvr
10-29-2008, 11:45 PM
one great one that covers almost all the angles is by former Republican Congressman Paul Findley: Deliberate Deceptions: Facing the Facts about the U.S.-Israeli Relationship

I highly recommend reading this one as it does an excellent job addressing the issues and the "spin" associated with them as we are "spoon fed" here at home.

He experienced the wrath of the Israeli lobby in his political career in questioning pro-Israeli US policies leading to the first book: They Dare to Speak Out: People and Institutions Confront Israel's Lobby This book has a modern day follow up on the American Israeli lobby: The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy

also he is co-author of: Transparent Cabal : The Neoconservative Agenda, War in the Middle East, and the National Interest of Israel

Fields
10-30-2008, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.

austin944
12-13-2008, 05:49 PM
I liked Jimmy Carter's book, Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid. It's short and an easy read.

It's been hard finding an unbiased book on this subject, but Carter's comes closest to any I've read.

Josh_LA
01-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Any of Finkelstein's books.
The Holocaust Industry
Beyond Chutzpah