PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul...GREEK! Lambda Chi Alpha!

StrikerV
09-07-2007, 10:04 AM
I was doing some research on Ron Paul and found out he was a Lambda Chi Alpha (My fraternity!) I am interested to see if he keeps in touch with old members or donates/talks to lambda chi alpha still or does he no longer affiliate???

This is my first post on this board and im a newly Ron Paul supporter!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambda_Chi_Alpha

jpa
09-07-2007, 10:05 AM
welcome to the forum!

No idea on the frat.. but I do know he still has a ton of family & friends in the dormont area (where he went to high school).

Mani
09-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the forums!

ThePieSwindler
09-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey lambda chi is right accross the street from my frat house here at Georgia tech! Pretty kewl!

micahnelson
09-07-2007, 10:09 AM
So, you have just discovered Ron Paul. Congratulations and welcome to the revolution! Many of you have never been involved with a political movement before. I was you merely six months ago. I expect that you are much like I was a few months ago, unsure of what to do next. Hopefully this will give you a little orientation to the Ron Paul Revolution!

There is no national direction for our grassroots campaign- so don’t wait for instructions.
This may come as a surprise to you, but we are a true grassroots movement. The signs you see, the fliers you have received, and the Internet dominance we have achieved have been independent from the national campaign. So what does this mean to you? Since no one is in charge, we have to take charge for ourselves. Ideally this would be done through your local Meetup group. These small groups are the smaller cells that make up the body of the campaign. You can access Meetup directly, or go through the www.RonPaul2008.com website. Join a local group and see what they are doing. You may find that working with a small local group is better than going it alone. This does, however, lead me to my second point

Ron Paul attracts many different types of people, so understand that you will disagree with some of the people you meet.
Don’t feel intimidated or get angry with people who feel differently than you. Focus on the main goal of getting Ron Paul the Republican Nomination, and then the Presidency. If political differences become too much, don’t be afraid of starting your own group. The worst thing you can do is give up on the movement because of disagreement with some of its members.

Think and operate as locally as possible, starting with friends and family
Do you know two people who are unsatisfied with our government? I doubt you could find two people who ARE satisfied. If at all possible, try to “Double Yourself” which is to say, find two people to support the Ron Paul campaign and will “Double” themselves. This sort of growth is exponential, and has been the key to our success thus far. While some meetups and online communities are collaborating on large scale media advertising, don’t overlook the importance of convince your own circle of influence. Here is a little joke that might give you some insight

Q: How can you tell you are in a room with a Ron Paul supporter?

A: He’ll tell you.

Use your talents, abilities, and skills.
During the Revolutionary War, heroes were made out of seamstresses, orators, soldiers, financiers, shopkeepers and more. There is even a place in history for Molly Pitcher, who brought water to soldiers, and manned artillery after her husband fell. Don’t try to be someone your not, just use who you are to support the campaign. Bake cookies for neighbors with Ron Paul fliers, talk to your friends or pastor at church, the possibilities are as diverse- and that gives us strength.

Don’t Forget the basics
Put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car. When possible, wear a “Who is Ron Paul?” T-shirt (people WILL ask you), and keep campaign literature at the ready to give out.

Where you go is up to you. This is new territory for all of us.

Stay informed, Stay Motivated, and most of all Stay Excited!

Useful Sites:

www.RonPaul2008.com

www.Ronpaulforums.com

www.RonPaul.Meetup.Com

www.freeme.tv

www.youtube.com Ron Paul’s videos under the YouChoose ‘08 category

StrikerV
09-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the friendly welcomes! I will help my friends in Oklahoma hear about Ron Pauls message!

DjLoTi
09-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Dude. Lets throw a massive party and broadcast it live on RonPaulradio. I own it, so we're good. lol

If a massive college party isn't your thing, that's cool! Being one of the largest fraternities in America, this information needs to get out to all their members.

For once, a presidential candidate who was in a normal fraternity. lol

RP4ME
09-07-2007, 10:38 AM
I was a Lambda chi little sista!

JMann
09-07-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm a Lambda Chi from Western Carolina University ('92). Just another plus for Paul in my book. He exemplifies the teachings of the fraternity's founder that courage is the most import virtue and without courage no other virtue is possible.