PDA

View Full Version : It Only Cost Obama $1,000,000 Per Network - Ron Could of Done It!

phixion
10-29-2008, 08:25 PM
I remember people used to say it would cost over $30,000,000 to run TV adverts back when Ron was 'still in the race' and sitting on piles of cash.

Obviously this isn't the case because Barack only spent $1 million per network according to this BBC article. Click to read (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/us_elections_2008/7696918.stm).

Hmmm.

Pete

RickyJ
10-29-2008, 08:41 PM
I remember people used to say it would cost over $30,000,000 to run TV adverts back when Ron was 'still in the race' and sitting on piles of cash.

Obviously this isn't the case because Barack only spent $1 million per network according to this BBC article. Click to read (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/us_elections_2008/7696918.stm).

Hmmm.

Pete

So what are you suggesting? That Ron Paul purposely lost? :eek:

:rolleyes:

nate895
10-29-2008, 09:00 PM
I think this would have been a good idea, if he would have done it the night before Super Tuesday. But that was the past, can't change it now.

forsmant
10-29-2008, 09:01 PM
we can do it next time

DAFTEK
10-29-2008, 09:11 PM
It was 1 mill discounted price each! Call it the Obama special... :rolleyes:

Kotin
10-29-2008, 09:13 PM
no no no.. you got it all wrong.

that price is the Messiah rate...

LibertyRevolution
10-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I dont think they would have sold Ron Paul that type of airtime at any price.

CurtisLow
10-29-2008, 10:38 PM

+1

TER
10-29-2008, 10:48 PM
+1

nate895
10-29-2008, 11:32 PM

I'd be inclined to agree if it wasn't for the fact that it would be against the law.

FrankRep
10-29-2008, 11:34 PM

Hmmm.

Pete

Which "People" ??

Zippyjuan
10-30-2008, 12:39 AM
I remember the H. Ross Perot infomercials with all his graphs and charts.
"It is really very simple.."" he would say. It got him a lot of attention and he did pretty well as a third party candidate - he was actually ahead of Clinton and HW Bush in the polls in June 1992, and he still got almost 19% of the vote. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot

Uriel999
10-30-2008, 02:32 AM
Unfortunately even if the RP campaign had paid for the airwaves...it still would have been with the shitty campaign commercials that were far surpassed by youtube videos in quality. But I understand what your saying...I'm pissed too. RP had terrible people running his campaign. This is our lesson to learn from. We need to get our shit together over the next few years...oh and if anybody suggests another blimp...shut up.

Zippyjuan
10-30-2008, 03:11 AM
Aside from its novelty factor, a blimp is not an effective way to advertise.

Truth Warrior
10-30-2008, 03:15 AM
They would have charged Ron $10 million per network. :D And then, for unknown reasons, experienced severe "technical difficulties" throughout the broadcast.

AaronC
10-30-2008, 04:57 AM
I'd be inclined to agree if it wasn't for the fact that it would be against the law.

It would only be against FCC rules if they didn't extend the same offer to any candidate.

Once you have a candidate on your TV show for example you have to offer equal air time to any other candidate that wants to be on your show.

I am not sure how advertising discounts would work since ad rates change every hour on each station...

werdd
10-30-2008, 05:17 AM
they probably offered it to obama so cheap because they knew they would get millions of viewers... the messiah ratings

Conza88
10-30-2008, 05:23 AM
Tell me how you can possibly compete against 24/hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365days a year FREE PRESS COVERAGE & promotion by the entire msm for the establishment candidates?! And thats not including the marginalization, are you running indy?, you used to be a libertarian, rascist newsletters bullshit, not chance in hell denunciations..

Anyone & everyone that blames campaign management for Ron Paul not being the Republican nominee...

Is clinically retarded. No word of a lie, logic & reality don't flow between your ears.

Conza88
10-30-2008, 05:27 AM

The overall exercise WAS beneficial. And that is going by the numbers. LadyJade interviewed Trevor Lyman at the rally... it's up on the C4L youtube.

:)

micahnelson
10-30-2008, 05:44 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6m5UqLx9M

Trevor gets called in to the Ron Paul offices to discuss his blimp plans.

fedup100
10-30-2008, 06:14 AM
So what are you suggesting? That Ron Paul purposely lost? :eek:

:rolleyes:

Yes, he did. He had no serious intentions to win anything. When the big money bomb happened he turned tail and ran for he knew they would kill him.

All the Ron Paul movement did was force the feds to slam this country and the world into the global financial system, their goal, quickly to be successful. His movement showed the enemy that way too many people were wise to who and what they were.

That is why they crammed the COUP down your throats a month ago. Now Paul and his supporters can go pound sand, they won and they own all of us now!

acptulsa
10-30-2008, 06:16 AM
Which "People" ??

The ones who were talking about Super Bowl ads, I think. Pete's memory and/or his descriptions of things tend to run to the 'convenient'--that is, when they're not downright insulting to someone...

Conza88
10-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Yes, he did. He had no serious intentions to win anything. When the big money bomb happened he turned tail and ran for he knew they would kill him.

All the Ron Paul movement did was force the feds to slam this country and the world into the global financial system, their goal, quickly to be successful. His movement showed the enemy that way too many people were wise to who and what they were.

That is why they crammed the COUP down your throats a month ago. Now Paul and his supporters can go pound sand, they won and they own all of us now!

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/fail-owned-chair.jpg

Mortikhi
10-30-2008, 08:48 AM

Hmmm.

Pete
Exactly. The people Ron Paul surrounded him with are pieces of shit.

I spit on all of them.

We could have had the greatest president in two centuries, but the numbnuts around Ron Paul bought "he's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya" commercials that looks like it was produced by high schoolers.

Conza88
10-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Exactly. The people Ron Paul surrounded him with are pieces of shit.

I spit on all of them.

We could have had the greatest president in two centuries, but the numbnuts around Ron Paul bought "he's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya" commercials that looks like it was produced by high schoolers.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u78/unreal030_/you_re-doing-it-wrong.jpg

Tell me how you can possibly compete against 24/hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365days a year FREE PRESS COVERAGE & promotion by the entire msm for the establishment candidates?! And thats not including the marginalization, are you running indy?, you used to be a libertarian, rascist newsletters bullshit, not chance in hell denunciations..

Anyone & everyone that blames campaign management for Ron Paul not being the Republican nominee...

Is clinically {fken} retarded. No word of a lie, logic & reality don't flow between your ears.