PDA

View Full Version : So Obama is polluting my DirecTV DVR

NCGOPer_for_Paul
10-29-2008, 06:08 PM
My wife and I were going through old DVR recordings to delete, and came upon 2 Obama programs we did not record. On further investigation, these were sent to us from DirecTV, and are UNDELETABLE!

They were paid for by the Obama campaign, and they are eating up space on my DVR. I let DirecTV know how I felt about it, then let the Obama campaign know how I felt about it.

Not to mention, a friend told me that there are Obama ads on the boards when playing NHL'09. They appeared to be "timed", and became part of the game when early voting started in many states.

Here they are wanting to re-instate the Fairness Doctrine, and I've got to put up with his bullshit on my DVR and on video games.

dannno
10-29-2008, 06:13 PM
It's a real Obamarama out there.

ItsTime
10-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Did you buy the hardware? I believe that would be considered malware if you won the box and you could sue.

libertarian4321
10-29-2008, 06:40 PM
My wife and I were going through old DVR recordings to delete, and came upon 2 Obama programs we did not record. On further investigation, these were sent to us from DirecTV, and are UNDELETABLE!

They were paid for by the Obama campaign, and they are eating up space on my DVR. I let DirecTV know how I felt about it, then let the Obama campaign know how I felt about it.

Not to mention, a friend told me that there are Obama ads on the boards when playing NHL'09. They appeared to be "timed", and became part of the game when early voting started in many states.

Here they are wanting to re-instate the Fairness Doctrine, and I've got to put up with his bullshit on my DVR and on video games.

The NHL09 are paid ads- they've been in video games for years. Nothing new. McCain can buy ad time there too, if he wants to.

The DVR bit sounds fishy. I don't believe that DirecTV controls your DVR- YOU DO- you might want to ask your family members who made the recording.

Regarding "not being able to delete", you might want to open the manual and read it- there is no way DirecTV permanently bolted Obama ads to your DVR.

DAFTEK
10-29-2008, 06:47 PM
I would not take DIRECT-TV even if it was free! Pathetic HD, shitty DVR and more money then my Dish Network! I love my DVR 720 fantastic HD and have never had one problem with them in the past 10 years.. :D

ghengis86
10-29-2008, 06:52 PM
what's a DVR?

mediahasyou
10-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Did you buy the hardware? I believe that would be considered malware if you won the box and you could sue.

malware indeed.

bojo68
10-29-2008, 07:03 PM
<<<thinks Osama is intellectual pollution

Zera
10-29-2008, 07:11 PM
money = ads

DAFTEK
10-29-2008, 07:16 PM
http://abwehr-us.org/Obama_For_Change.jpg