PDA

View Full Version : Television

brianewart
10-29-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm thinking that we should try to do either:

1) A 30-minute Obama-esque piece

2) A Superbowl Commercial

3) A series of commercials

that are not FOR any candidate, but simply explain the wisdom of the Ron Paul positions. We'd leave even Ron's name off of the commercials, as these would not be campaign commercials.

These would be designed to educate and sway the public. The public hears endlessly what the government can do for them, how Mommy and Daddy Washington will fix their problems. Our commercials would show that the government will usually only make things worse, and that the best solution is less government and more personal responsibility.

Price Tag: HUGE.

Value: Immense.

Thoughts? Anyone interested in coming on-board?

TastyWheat
10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
The #1 rule of propaganda (sorry to use such a dirty word but it's appropriate) is repetition. It's better to make one commercial and run it ad nauseum.

Athan
10-29-2008, 10:42 PM
I say it is better to use personal advertising. Just go to the mall one day with some buds and post up signs or set up and Ipod system to broadcast messages to passerbys.

heavenlyboy34
10-29-2008, 11:11 PM
The #1 rule of propaganda (sorry to use such a dirty word but it's appropriate) is repetition. It's better to make one commercial and run it ad nauseum.

having a background in the advertising industry, I'm inclined to agree with your opinion, TastyWheat. :D