PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul causing McCain wake-up call in Big Sky Country

JohnJay
10-29-2008, 05:56 PM
"McCain's campaign has never considered Montana a battleground state and still doesn't. His campaign has no paid staff in the state . . ."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/28/AR2008102800301.html

"Up in the Kalispell area, more than 30 percent voted for Ron Paul in the June primary . . .
Many will vote for Ron Paul again,
said avid supporter and AM radio talk show host John Stokes."

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/panamajohn/PH2008102800303.jpg

CurtisLow
10-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Who's Ron Paul?

Zera
10-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Considering Montana was his best state, people will see Paul's name when they vote and just select him.

Bruno
10-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Who's Ron Paul?

You should google him. ;)

gjvrieze
10-29-2008, 06:12 PM

tpreitzel
10-29-2008, 06:16 PM
The sign looks like someone's been using it for target practice. :)

roho76
10-29-2008, 07:07 PM
This just makes me wish I lived in Montana.

slacker921
10-29-2008, 07:15 PM
based on the polls (http://www.pollster.com/polls/mt/08-mt-pres-ge-mvo.php).. ahh.. the polls aren't picking up Ron Paul there in Montana but for some strange reason McCain started tanking right about the time of the bailout. hmm.

jonahtrainer
10-29-2008, 08:01 PM
"Up in the Kalispell area, more than 30 percent voted for Ron Paul in the June primary . . .
Many will vote for Ron Paul again,
said avid supporter and AM radio talk show host John Stokes."

This is called political pain (http://www.runtogold.com/Run_To_Gold/Run_To_Gold_Blog/Entries/2008/10/25_Causing_Political_Pain.html). Inflict some because it is fun!

virgil47
10-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Yep, all you clever youngsters go ahead and yuck it up while you can. When your new messiah is elected you won't be laughing at some of the laws he passes. The first people he is coming after are the pseudo intellectuals on the web that think this whole situation is so funny. I'll bet that when he decides to license your first amendment rights by requiring a permit to own a computer you won't think it to funny. Enjoy your freedom while you can my friends as I'm afraid it is going to be short lived.

aravoth
10-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Fuck it, I'm moving to montana

libertarian4321
10-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Some of the polls have Obama and McCain essentially even in Montana when Ron Paul is included in the poll.

fr33domfightr
10-29-2008, 10:06 PM
I'd love to see at least 1 state have a majority of votes for Ron Paul, that would be sweet!! It would be like the last act of defiance.

FF

Matt Collins
10-29-2008, 10:53 PM
I'd love to see at least 1 state have a majority of votes for Ron Paul, that would be sweet!! It would be like the last act of defiance.What would be better is if those electoral votes were the deciding factor in the election and McCain lost because of the Ron Paul vote.

blocks
10-30-2008, 01:34 AM
What would be better is if those electoral votes were the deciding factor in the election and McCain lost because of the Ron Paul vote.

If McCain is to lose (I could care less either way), I'd love for it to be by those 2 or 3 electoral votes. Sweet revenge on the Republican party.

Conza88
10-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Who's Ron Paul?

Who's John Galt?

Matt Collins
10-30-2008, 10:02 AM
If McCain is to lose (I could care less either way), I'd love for it to be by those 2 or 3 electoral votes. Sweet revenge on the Republican party.Although I would take pleasure in that, it would be in a more pragmatic sense to teach the GOP to never put up a liberal candidate again.

Cleaner44
10-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Yep, all you clever youngsters go ahead and yuck it up while you can. When your new messiah is elected you won't be laughing at some of the laws he passes. The first people he is coming after are the pseudo intellectuals on the web that think this whole situation is so funny. I'll bet that when he decides to license your first amendment rights by requiring a permit to own a computer you won't think it to funny. Enjoy your freedom while you can my friends as I'm afraid it is going to be short lived.

Oh God, don't tell me your are one of those closet Neocons that think its better to vote for the lesser of two evils.

acptulsa
10-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Enjoy your freedom while you can my friends as I'm afraid it is going to be short lived.

And an Obama loss would slow this down because...?

McCain is even more motivated to restrict the freedom of the internet. First, he can't use it, and this is an embarassment to him. Second, it's about to 'cost him this election' (as if he ever had more of a chance than Bob Dole did :rolleyes:).

Cleaner44
10-30-2008, 10:22 AM
What would be better is if those electoral votes were the deciding factor in the election and McCain lost because of the Ron Paul vote.

NV could be interesting to watch. That is considered a battleground state.

NewEnd
10-30-2008, 10:48 AM

John McCain? *lifts glasses* John? John? Is that you!!?? Glad to see you finally admit Ron Paul was right. Welcome to the Ron Paul movement!!