PDA

View Full Version : What Ron Paul means to America - WE ARE THE FREEDOM MOVEMENT

aknappjr
09-07-2007, 09:45 AM
I don't know who said this, but it is well worth reading: http://www.freeliberal.com/blog/archives/002927.php

No matter how many of his supporters admire, respect or adore him, this wasn’t about Ron Paul. At this point, Ron Paul is the face of the movement and his political accomplishments combined with his consistent conservative/libertarian track record have more than earned him this spot.

However, this is about a movement. A movement of an eclectic bunch of people who are very serious about freedom. This is the first time I’ve seen these groups of people work so well together to produce a tangible political result.

As the old-timers and political consultant types discussed the issue, there seemed to be almost universal agreement: No matter how Ron Paul does in the presidential election, there is a new movement afoot. Like the Goldwater era, this movement alone can transform the entire political landscape for an entire generation, or even more.

Rivington Essex
09-07-2007, 09:52 AM
In the WSJ yesterday ...

Off to the Races
Surprisingly, the Republican presidential campaign comes into focus.

The debate was full of fireworks about Iraq, about its essentials--the rightness of the endeavor, and what should rightly be done now. From the libertarian Ron Paul a blunt argument against the war: We never should have gone in and we should get out. "The people who say there'll be a blood bath are the same ones who said it would be a cakewalk. . . . Why believe them?"
His foreign policy: "Mind our own business, bring our troops home, defend our country, defend our borders." After Mr. Paul spoke, it seemed half the room booed, but the other applauded. When a thousand Republicans are in a room and one man of the eight on the stage takes a sharply minority viewpoint on a dramatic issue and half the room seems to cheer him, something's going on.

RevolutionSD
09-07-2007, 09:54 AM
I don't know who said this, but it is well worth reading: http://www.freeliberal.com/blog/archives/002927.php

No matter how many of his supporters admire, respect or adore him, this wasn’t about Ron Paul. At this point, Ron Paul is the face of the movement and his political accomplishments combined with his consistent conservative/libertarian track record have more than earned him this spot.

However, this is about a movement. A movement of an eclectic bunch of people who are very serious about freedom. This is the first time I’ve seen these groups of people work so well together to produce a tangible political result.

As the old-timers and political consultant types discussed the issue, there seemed to be almost universal agreement: No matter how Ron Paul does in the presidential election, there is a new movement afoot. Like the Goldwater era, this movement alone can transform the entire political landscape for an entire generation, or even more.

Nice post. I said basically this same thing on another thread. We will never stop, not if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, not if he doesn't win the presidency, not even if he WINS the presidency! This movement will NEVER die!