PDA

View Full Version : So I find out my favorite band since junior high is insane...

cska80
10-29-2008, 03:03 PM
So disappointing. I log on myspace to check some messages and I see a bulletin from my favorite bands official myspace page below:

an 2008 explanation.. ..I had recently come to this realization: dismissing the entirety of government as evil or corrupt is not only unrealistic, but part of the Dark's strategy to keep us complacent. Obviously, if we can be convinced that our own government is entirely evil, then we sit at home-defeated, awaiting their evil plans. Let them vote their fucked up laws into reality, while we take bong hits and complain about the Illuminati. Like they are some fucking gods or some shit, who cant be defeated.
FUCK THAT!!!! .. ..TRUE: elections in the past have been RIGGED and were FAKE.. ..FALSE: all elections are fake, and all politicians are fake.. ..TRUTH: this time is different!!! .. ..Surprise!!!! We are beating them at their own game.
.. ..I have recently learned, that there are "double agents" so to speak, who have been placing themselves in places of power, in order to bring the structure down from the inside. Just being a member of a well known Illuminati front, does not automatically make a person one of Dark Intent.
In fact, what better way to fight the Last Dark Cabal, than to infiltrate their click, the same way they did ours!!!.. ..This brings us to Obama vs. McCain. We are not dealing with John kerry and George Bush here. They were definitely two sides of the same coin. Obama was sent here by Mother Earth herself.
.. ..The Illuminati thinks Obama will play ball, and he is doing everything he needs to, in order to take the White House. The only way to beat the Dark, is to be smarter and more united. Their greed has put them at odds with themselves. But, our LOVE will unite us and ensure our victory.
.. ..I love how this election is bringing all the dark souls to the surface. I never knew so many people were closet racists!!! Paranoid, fearful, greedy, lost, and out of touch with the social consciousness that seeks to rise from the mud of war and scarcity, into a world of peace and prosperity.
.. ..We need to build the economy from the bottom up.
Some of you subconsciously worship those 5% of wealthy bastards so much, that you are hypnotized into supporting them, even though you are broke as fuck!!!.. ..Wake up!! We need to build this country from the bottom up. No trickle down anymore. Reagan was a fucking idiot. The original American Hardcore punks new it.
.. ..lets not sit around, like a bunch of fucking hippies, complaining about the New World Order, but not doing shit to change it. Or, go run to the hills and hide yourself in a cave….
NOT ME!!!!!!.. ..I WILL STAND AND BE COUNTED!!!!!.. ..YOU NEED TO FUCKING VOTE!!!!! .. ..THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION OF OUR LIFETIME!!!!

Wow. Just wow. So I sent the following:

I surely hope that whoever posts bulletins from your myspace is not connected directly to Hed otherwise I'll never support the band again. If you believe that Obama was sent by some higher power and is not New World Order himself, you're a commie piece of shit and you're just an 'agent' yourself. Marxism is not what built this country. Freedom built this country. Go fuck yourself.

Not expecting a response, but curious, I logged on 30 minutes later to, indeed, find a response, below:

its jared writing these posts
now go fuck off
we dont need ignorant people like you following our band
we have enough REAL PEOPLE we call fans
i feel sorry for your daughter
have a nice life
God Bless Obama the Son of God!!!!
McCain is the Devil!!!!!

to see you go, but now is that time that the light separates itself from the dark

and you my friend, have not found the light yet

the choice is obvious

Love over Fear
Unity over Division
Peace over War
Prosperity over Scarcity

Good luck and God Bless Obama!!!!

How sad. I deeply hope this is a fake site. Maybe it's been hijacked. Who knows. All I know is, I'VE LOST MY FAVORITE BAND! :(

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-29-2008, 03:06 PM
What band is this?

cska80
10-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Hed PE.

Kotin
10-29-2008, 03:07 PM
eww.

Dorfsmith
10-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Don't feel bad. My favorite band wrote a song attacking me and some friends because we were impatient and complained when we pre-ordered an album and it took 3 years for the CD to come out. Just when you think somebody is a musical genius they turn around and slap you in the face.

ShowMeLiberty
10-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Try listening to Rush. The greatest libertarian band of all time. ;)

BarryDonegan
10-29-2008, 03:10 PM
wow.
son of god?

are people not feeling that stuff like that is pretty bizarre.

human beings are human beings.

if you wanna check out a hardcore band with a sane libertarian head on their shoulders, go for LOOK WHAT I DID ;)

www.myspace.com/lookwhatidid

Lord Xar
10-29-2008, 03:10 PM
oh my lord. are people really thinking obama is the mesiah? I cannot even believe that? Isn't the 'devil' suppose to come foward as the messiah and everyone will follow him into the second coming as he destroys the world? Do I have my theology wrong?

If anything, obama will bring us faster to ruin.

beerista
10-29-2008, 03:15 PM
...I don't want to know anything about my favorite musicians, actors, writers, what-have-you. I pretty much just assume that they're all much less interesting than I would like them to be and it's a pretty good guess that anyone in any of those professions is an unapologetic leftist. So, I just sit back and listen to their music, watch their movies, read their books, what-have-you, and completely ignore their personal lives for fear that it will interfere with that enjoyment.

P.S. For the record, yes, it does sound like your favorite band is insane.

BarryDonegan
10-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Unity over Division is the scariest part... Unity and bipartisanship is the last thing we need... we had too much unity and bipartisanship during the bush administration... bipartisan media, citizens, congress... we need tripartisanship, or billion-partisanship right now.

we need far more division.... where was the division from the policies of adolph hitler...they had plenty of bipartisanship in that administration.

BarryDonegan
10-29-2008, 03:19 PM
...I don't want to know anything about my favorite musicians, actors, writers, what-have-you. I pretty much just assume that they're all much less interesting than I would like them to be and it's a pretty good guess that anyone in any of those professions is an unapologetic leftist. So, I just sit back and listen to their music, watch their movies, read their books, what-have-you, and completely ignore their personal lives for fear that it will interfere with that enjoyment.

P.S. For the record, yes, it does sound like your favorite band is insane.

libertarianism is growing in music.... decrim of marijuana is the leading deal for a lot of those guys. a lot of them line up behind obama because of hype, and because of liberal pressure... but lots of punks, metalheads, country singers, anarchists, whatever, all believe in the 2nd ammendment...

but the main reason the left has control over those movements, is because we are not doing a good enough job creating sub groups to speak to them... a decrim of marijuana movement done as a side project, aimed at musicians, where arresting people over drug problems is viewed a humanitarian crisis, could be what pushes it over the edge. a lot of drug use goes on in that world, and a lot of people serve time and have a serious problem with the war on drugs.

a lot of musicians smoke pot, i'd say a great majority, and are very productive and don't have serious problems... why libertarians don't own them yet, is just a problem of organization.

PatriotLegion
10-29-2008, 03:23 PM
oh my lord. are people really thinking obama is the mesiah? I cannot even believe that? Isn't the 'devil' suppose to come foward as the messiah and everyone will follow him into the second coming as he destroys the world? Do I have my theology wrong?

If anything, obama will bring us faster to ruin.

Yes people see him as the Messiah!!! Makes me ill!!! I don't see what's so great about him? Such brainwashed sheeple. But on the other side of the fence McCain is a joke as well but he is the lesser of the two Evil's, but I will not give my vote for either.

Dorfsmith
10-29-2008, 03:23 PM
libertarianism is growing in music.... decrim of marijuana is the leading deal for a lot of those guys. a lot of them line up behind obama because of hype, and because of liberal pressure... but lots of punks, metalheads, country singers, anarchists, whatever, all believe in the 2nd ammendment...

but the main reason the left has control over those movements, is because we are not doing a good enough job creating sub groups to speak to them... a decrim of marijuana movement done as a side project, aimed at musicians, where arresting people over drug problems is viewed a humanitarian crisis, could be what pushes it over the edge. a lot of drug use goes on in that world, and a lot of people serve time and have a serious problem with the war on drugs.

a lot of musicians smoke pot, i'd say a great majority, and are very productive and don't have serious problems... why libertarians don't own them yet, is just a problem of organization.

Anybody ever think Danny Elfman (Oingo Boingo) might be a Libertarian? I've been listening to them all week and a lot of his lyrics have a strong Libertarian ring to them.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Anybody ever think Danny Elfman (Oingo Boingo) might be a Libertarian? I've been listening to them all week and a lot of his lyrics have a strong Libertarian ring to them.

I don't know about him but from what I have read the lead singer of Blues Traveller is an avid libertarian and was a big supporter of Ron Paul.

angelatc
10-29-2008, 03:29 PM

Oh you kids.

You realize that the 60's happened, and nothing changed, right?

Dorfsmith
I don't know about him but from what I have read the lead singer of Blues Traveller is an avid libertarian and was a big supporter of Ron Paul.

I hadn't heard that. Very cool. :cool:

ShowMeLiberty

Oingo Boingo made this list of Notable Libertarians: http://chelm.freeyellow.com/famous_index1.html

angelatc
10-29-2008, 03:30 PM
How sad. I deeply hope this is a fake site. Maybe it's been hijacked. Who knows. All I know is, I'VE LOST MY FAVORITE BAND! :(

Send them a note back and tell them you downloaded all their stuff for free anyway. :)

Dorfsmith
10-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Oingo Boingo made this list of Notable Libertarians: http://chelm.freeyellow.com/famous_index1.html

Awesome!!!! Thanks for that. I knew I was on to something. :D

mmink15
10-29-2008, 03:38 PM
As a working musician, I can attest that Libertarianism is very popular among musicians that take their music seriously. Your rock and pop bands are still heavily democrats-but can you really trust the judgement of bands that can count all the chords they know on their fingers?

Here is a new jazz-fusion project that is full of local Libertarians- support your fellow Ron Paulers by checking us out. (We've only been together a couple of weeks so the recordings posted may have a fumble or two in them, solid recordings coming by New Year with a small, regional tour to follow)

http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/511154/309385/Artist/242979/Fan/link

RevolutionSD
10-29-2008, 04:00 PM

Agreed!

tggroo7
10-29-2008, 04:03 PM
LMAO, here's how you debunk whether or not Obama is the son of God...
he couldn't care less about overturning Roe v. Wade

brandon
10-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Yes they do sound insane.

And not like cognitive dissonance/double think insane.

More like full blown paranoid schizophrenia insane.

ItsTime
10-29-2008, 04:24 PM
That was Hed pe? If you did not know the guy was fucking insane you have never met him.

JenH88
10-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Dude, Hed pe is pretty in the know about ALOT of stuff.. this is seriously seriously surprising.. gonna go check their website to see if they're praising the Messiah there as well..

mczerone
10-29-2008, 04:51 PM
I can accept that people think that voting for Obama is the right thing to do, but yes, this jacob character is over the edge insane. And vulgar. And self-righteous.

I hope Obama issues a decree stating that anyone who thinks he is the messiah should jump into the Grand Canyon, for he will save them if he is the Son of God.

Malakai
10-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Was never crazy about hed anyway. Deftones FTW for that genre.

You want a deep techincal/melodic punk/metal band that understands politics and world events, check out Protest the Hero.

Their music is super deep and their early stuff bashed the shit out of the US gov! As the records went on they got even deeper into general social and political issues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLM0BGGZWKM

(Pieces of the song "the royalty must die like the common beggars and petty thieves", "Growing fat on the throne, he sat like a stone, a man who has never known no hunger or shown no mercy)

Or my favorite part (hinting of revolution):
Those who ride against us will be murdered, where they stand!
Let our arrows rain from the sky to drain the blood into the land!

Seriously 100% my fav band ever, found em through a youtube link here at RPF one time!

One from my fav of their songs, turn soonest to the sea:
"we made you all the peasants and we made ourselves the kings
our queens are still subordinate as an angel (without wings)
we made it easy to belong which makes it easy to be wrong.."

"know we'll all wake up some day, with a gun to the back our our brains
youll be asking for your rib, and ill smile, and ill call you brave"

They are canadian guys who read philosophy, especially the writer of the songs

JK/SEA
10-29-2008, 05:09 PM
My sons band, Positively Negative, opened for hed pe a few years ago at Rock Candy in Seattle. My son says those guys are a bunch of pretentious pricks, AND their music sucks. Looks like they don't have a clue about whats happening. They must've all taken the blue pill.

haha....!

Dary
10-30-2008, 07:29 AM

Dorfsmith -

If you ever get a chance to see them in concert, don’t let it slip.

I saw them in Royal Oak, Michigan many years ago. It was one of the best shows (musically speaking) that I’ve ever seen.

Danny has done sooooo much work too. Besides Oingo Boingo and the Simpsons, he has done numerous movie scores.

werdd
10-30-2008, 07:37 AM

qft, rush has never done it's fans wrong.

the trees are all kept equal by hacked axe and saw!

angelatc
10-30-2008, 08:05 AM

hatchet.

The trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe and saw.

gls
10-30-2008, 08:15 AM
http://akidabroad.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/st-obama-of-assisi.jpg

:rolleyes:

My favorite band (Grateful Dead) - or what's left of it anyway - endorsed The Holy One a while back. Forty plus year of political neutrality and they end it to support a tyrannical corporate hack because of the nonsense ("HOPE"/"CHANGE") rhetoric he spews. I still love the music but my personal respect for these guys plunged when first hearing that.

wizardwatson
10-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Everyone keeps saying this is the most important election of our lifetime, but all the while they ignore every race except the Presidential one.

Americans have a relationship with their government the way a battered wife has a relationship with her abusive husband.

He keeps on beating her, she gets mad. He backs off a little, then says he "loves her", and "I'll CHANGE", she falls for it. Lather rinse repeat.

ShowMeLiberty
10-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Agreed!

Happy news for Rush fans:

Zoë Vision/Anthem Entertainment will release the "Snakes & Arrows Live" DVD from the legendary rock trio Rush on November 25. Three-disc DVD set, also available as a Blu-ray Disc.

:)

roho76
10-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Everyone keeps saying this is the most important election of our lifetime, but all the while they ignore every race except the Presidential one.

Americans have a relationship with their government the way a battered wife has a relationship with her abusive husband.

He keeps on beating her, she gets mad. He backs off a little, then says he "loves her", and "I'll CHANGE", she falls for it. Lather rinse repeat.

Interesting. I never looked at it like that but that is a good analogy.

gilliganscorner
10-30-2008, 09:19 AM

If you like that analogy, let me share with you the most cogent post I have ever read with respect to this topic:

By Mike Gogulski (http://www.nostate.com/504/renunciation-as-divorce/)

More than one person has advised me that I should not renounce my American citizenship as I plan to do. The reasons vary: the inconvenience of losing so much visa-free travel, the loss of ability to do good work for the libertarian/anarchist cause in America, the loss of voting “rights”, the potential for getting caught out as a stateless undesirable and interned in a refugee camp or prison, etc.

Let’s picture the citizen/state relationship, for the sake of discussion, as a marriage. You fell in love when you were young and impressionable and decided to get hitched. For the sake of linguistic convenience, let’s have you be the wife, the citizen, and the state the husband.

After your honeymoon and as time goes by in your marriage, you notice some things are decidedly wrong about your husband. For one thing, his history is really quite different from how he described it before you got married. The more you learn about what your husband did in the past, the more doubt you have in the notion that he is really a good person. How could the one you love have done such awful things? How could he wrap his past crimes up in fancy language and present them as virtues? You try to ask your husband about these things, and if you are not met with stony silence or cold dismissal all you get is a repeat of the same slide show and heavily edited home movies you’ve seen before, to the strains of triumphant music and accompanied by words that seek either to bury that terrible history or to change the meanings of the very words themselves. Sometimes you get slapped hard across the face. You have real doubts.

One day your husband comes home after a late night out with blood on his clothes. “What happened!” you cry. “Oh, I was handing out candy to the children in the neighborhood. Then I killed a man.” Why? Because the other man believed the wrong things, spoke out of line, failed to obey, resisted your husband’s commands and was trying to fight off your husband. “What was the fight about?” you ask. Turns out that your husband was trying to rob that other man, or force him into slavery, and he wasn’t too happy about it. It’s all okay for the moment — surely your husband wouldn’t do such things to you our your family now, would he? But still, the doubt grows: do I really want to be married to a robber and a murderer?

One day you realize that your husband in fact comes home every day fresh from killing and/or robbing someone. There always seem to be good reasons for the torture and the killings — or so dear hubby says — but there’s this nagging voice inside you that asks: how is he different from any other psychopathic mass murderer? Am I next?

You look back more deeply into your husband’s history and find and entire lifetime drenched in blood and clouded by lies. The horror runs so deep and is so pervasive! Sure, your husband may have performed a million good or neutral acts in his past, but there are thousands of incidents of such unrestrained barbarity that there never possibly could have been good intent behind them. You see a pattern.

And you wake up one morning — alone in your bed, as your restless husband never sleeps — and you realize you’ve been tricked. You recall, all at once, the times your husband has beat you, has tormented you about your own nature, has slandered you to the neighbors and has treated you as worthless. You note that he does no work himself, but regularly steals half of your paycheck before you have a chance to enjoy any of it. You see his bloody, murderous present in the context of his bloody, murderous history, and you wonder just what sort of monster you married. No matter: he is certainly not the man you imagined, nor the man he claims to be.

You try to reform your husband, but he is recalcitrant; in fact, the beatings become even more severe when you do so. You try to enlist the help of neighbors and friends, but they all rebuff you, saying that your husband can’t possibly be an evil psychopath — after all, look at the millions of good things he’s done! You find few if any people that can see through the deception. You realize that your husband is the very embodiment of evil, and that you have been duped into believing him virtuous, duped into the marriage and lied to every day and through every one of his acts. You realize that your love was misplaced, as it was based on lies.

Clearly, it’s time for a divorce.

It is a sad fact of human existence that there are tendencies in our psychology where people who are victimized become bonded to and emotionally dependent on those who prey upon them. Battered person syndrome is one such, and Stockholm syndrome is another. I have known many people, largely women, who have gotten trapped in abusive relationships with the most despicable creatures. Worse than seeing their bruises or wounds, worse than crying with them, worse than knowing the agony of their pain is hearing them justify why they really ought to stay with the person closest to them and who causes them the greatest harm — for the children, for the house, for the money, to avoid looking like a failure in marriage, because what will the neighbors think, because a marriage is a gift from “God”, because they think themselves worthless, because maybe “this time” it will all work out for the best, etc. Trying to talk these poor souls out of such situations, especially when you care for them personally, is most often an exercise in bitter disappointment as you watch them again and again return for more and more abuse.

The one thing they really must do in order to save themselves is to sever the abusive relationship immediately: pack your things, leave the house, start a new life, get a divorce, never look back.

I’ve done the first few of those things, now it’s time for the next step. It is my intent to divorce the criminal enterprise which calls itself “The United States of America”. I will not remain bonded to evil voluntarily through the exercise of citizenship.

EDIT: One of the comments was excellent here as well:

Of course, it was also an arranged marriage that occurred hundreds of years before you were born and that you never consented to. That makes it a complete sham. No divorce is necessary if there wasn’t ever really a marriage.

Bill M DC
10-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Good to know this about Hed. IVAW won't be bringing them in concert for sure. Some friend's of IVAW who have played our fundraisers and actions: Anti-Flag, Rise Against, The Night Watchman a.k.a. Tom Morello, The Coup, Son of Nun and The Flobots.

Minuteman2008
10-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Why do people sort of assume that famous pop musicians have some special insight in picking presidential candidates? If anything, they're probably less likely than the general population at doing a sober assessment of the choices. Face it, a lot of creative people, such as musicians, might be very talented but lack the ability to make good choices in their personal lives.

So who really cares what these people think? That doesn't mean you can't enjoy their music, but just take their opinions on politics with a big grain of salt. It really is silly to stop listening to a band you've liked for a long time because they support Obama.

Xenophage
10-30-2008, 10:57 AM
try listening to rush. The greatest libertarian band of all time. ;)

fuck yeah!

BarryDonegan
10-30-2008, 12:52 PM
ya'll IVAW guys should let me get some of the new blood in the game.. i can bring a bunch of newer more modern hardcore bands who have wild hype in for an event.

werdd
10-30-2008, 06:53 PM
hatchet.

The trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe and saw.

:o

never knew that

werdd
10-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Happy news for Rush fans:

Zoë Vision/Anthem Entertainment will release the "Snakes & Arrows Live" DVD from the legendary rock trio Rush on November 25. Three-disc DVD set, also available as a Blu-ray Disc.

:)

sweet, i saw them twice on that tour.

Once in 07, and once this year.

The set was quite a bit different, completely kick ass.

Paulitical Correctness
10-30-2008, 08:25 PM
A lot of bands in the genres and subgenres of metal/hardcore/punk seem to be libertarian-minded. At least judging by a lot of their lyrics, they ain't no dummies.

For example, here's some Hiretsukan lyrics ~

Through heightened state terror
and wired surveillance we keep our
eyes open. Our lens in sharp focus
for FISA court warrants and closed
door tribunals. One nation under a
gun nearing collapse. One nation
born to suck the rind. Watch the
marquee bottom line, their rapid
response and scripted replies. I
can’t even believe the shit that
you say. Their indignant party
line of bankrupt moral values
blanket statements covering the
eyes swallow it whole just suck
the fucking rind.

Also, check out Isis's 'Panopticon'. :eek:

And, of course, a bump for Look What I Did for Barry.

libertarian4321
10-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Did you really think you were going to change someone's mind by calling them a "commie piece of shit" because of who they support for President?

I suspect you are more likely to drive people further away when you act like a deranged ass- you certainly aren't going to bring people to your way of belief.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Why do people sort of assume that famous pop musicians have some special insight in picking presidential candidates? If anything, they're probably less likely than the general population at doing a sober assessment of the choices. Face it, a lot of creative people, such as musicians, might be very talented but lack the ability to make good choices in their personal lives.

So who really cares what these people think? That doesn't mean you can't enjoy their music, but just take their opinions on politics with a big grain of salt. It really is silly to stop listening to a band you've liked for a long time because they support Obama.

I agree with you in a way. It enjoy a lot of music by groups who I am sure have a vastly different political or philosophical opinion than I do. I could care less if they have a different opinion but when a group starts shoving their opinion down your throat it becomes a different story. If they want to tell the world how they shold feel than they should be willing to accept the consequences that a certain percentage of their fans will feel totally different and may be turned off enough that they stop following the group.

RonPaulVolunteer
10-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Gawsh... it's comments like that that make me wonder he easily Obama could be the Anti-Christ the Bible speaks of.

nelsonwinters
10-30-2008, 10:03 PM

Check out this ad for a Libertarian candidate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNMPvFZctIA

Grimnir Wotansvolk
10-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Are you really surprised that a band who writes such watered-down urban garbage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzMJh8GrCN4) would have that attitude?

Studies have shown that musical development is directly related to one's intelligence. In this case, it works in the reverse.

Come into your house make love to your spouse
Fuck her in the mouth then I'm out what
These type of things happens all the time
You trying to get yours but I'm a kill for mine
Nigga Nigga Nigga A nigga please
I strap on a jimmy
Cuz I don't want a disease
Baby likes it when I come inside
I come into your house and take your daughter for a ride
Now how you gonna slow me down
Show me how you heard about my theory now
Feel me now busta you dealing with the microphone crusher
Amateurs fold under pressure
Yeah roll up that blunt now
Lay yo guns down who be the one now
Out of town before sun down O.K. Corral
You gonna slow me down bitch show me how

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/yawn.gif

ClayTrainor
10-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately alot of my favorite bands from my younger years are socialists

Anti-Flag, NOFX, Rage against the machine etc.

I stopped listening to them after reading the constitution and hearing fat mike from nofx state "I wanna see that constitution burn" at the start of one of NOFX's songs.