PDA

View Full Version : What I saw at campus today...

Slate
10-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Hello all, first post but I have been lurking for quite a while lol.
So my college had people from the campaigns come to give speeches and answer questions

I asked the McCain spokesperson, Why should I vote for either McCain or Obama when they both don't support the Constitution specifically, foreign policy(declaration of war)?

The McCain spokesperson basically tried to make the case that Congress did in fact declare war on Iraq. He claimed that an Authorization of force is the same thing, and that it is fine for Congress to abdicate its right of declaration of war.

I asked the same of the Obama spokesperson the same thing and he basically started by saying that Barack actually voted against the war in Iraq(lolwat).
Then went on to basically say that he's talked to Obama and been on capital hill so he has a much better opinion of it then me. When I started to say he dodged the question and told him to answer it, a woman came over and told me my time was up :mad:

Kotin
10-29-2008, 02:40 PM
same thing happened to me at a college debate.

Welcome to the forums..

SeanEdwards
10-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Sounds like you're the one doing the educating at your college. Maybe they should be paying you. :D