PDA

View Full Version : Question for regular members here

ImstillforRP
10-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Do you regularly vote libertarian every cycle?

I am just wondering if most people here are the 0.3-0.4% of the population that are libertarians.

For me, I was normally a non-voter until I saw Ron Paul. He attracted me because of the his unrelenting honesty in the face of adversity.

Kotin
10-29-2008, 01:59 PM
I usually vote republican locally with some LP mixed in..

micahnelson
10-29-2008, 02:01 PM
I was a neocon by ignorance. I hadn't taken the time to follow the logic of what positions I supported. Twice a bush voter, I am now a traditional conservative, classical liberal... or whatever we are calling ourselves these days.

Bern
10-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Ron Paul cured my apathy. I voted for the first time yesterday.

LittleLightShining
10-29-2008, 02:03 PM
I usually vote based on the candidate.

dsentell
10-29-2008, 02:03 PM
I consider myself independent. Voting for the person, actually the lesser of two evils, rather than voting for the party. I have voted for Bush, for Clinton and for Ross Perot!

Knightskye
10-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Do you regularly vote libertarian every cycle?

I am just wondering if most people here are the 0.3-0.4% of the population that are libertarians.

For me, I was normally a non-voter until I saw Ron Paul. He attracted me because of the his unrelenting honesty in the face of adversity.

I wasn't old enough to vote in '04.

I voted for Ron Paul and Murray Sabrin in the primary, in February.

ImstillforRP
10-29-2008, 02:05 PM
I consider myself independent. Voting for the person, actually the lesser of two evils, rather than voting for the party. I have voted for Bush, for Clinton and for Ross Perot!

Lol, you've been all over! :D

Dorfsmith
10-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Bush, Badnarik, Barr

Maybe I should stop voting for people who's last names start with B :D

JohnMeridith
10-29-2008, 02:13 PM
I never voted because I knew it didn't matter who was in the White House, they are all the same and have been for many years.

Then last year I saw something different, I saw a man that I could model myself after, the embodiment of morality and virtue. Ron Paul is one of, NO, he is the best man I have ever been privileged to lay my eyes and ear upon.

dr. hfn
10-29-2008, 02:15 PM
i vote straight libertarian and write my name in when i can't

Knightskye
10-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Bush, Badnarik, Barr

Maybe I should stop voting for people who's last names start with B :D

After this election. :)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-29-2008, 02:19 PM
I have voted the straight Republican ticket every election I have been able to participate in. There is only one time that I voted Democratic and that was a "lesser of two evils" mentality just because I was opposed to Wayne Gilchrest and I thought the Democrat would be less evil. This is the first election where I have ever pulled the lever/pressed the button for a libertarian and I will be voting for Baldwin for President. I may not be able to vote for Ron Paul but I will never again force myself to choose the lesser of two evils.

surf
10-29-2008, 02:24 PM
libertarian - though w/Washington State's dumbass "top two" system, it has become nearly impossilbe to field candidates in this state. hence, i'll either write myself in or vote for the lesser evil. not sure whom i'll vote for in the big one yet: all presidiential candidates will be on my ballot - and i may write in RP anyway.

why does Barr taste so bad?

Bruno
10-29-2008, 02:26 PM

Ditto down to the votes!

mlmvh
10-29-2008, 09:31 PM
I voted for Reagan in 1980 and 1984. I haven't voted for a Republican (or a Democrat) for President since George HW Bush in 1988. I WISH that I'd known about Ron Paul that year. :( I voted for Ross Perot in 1992, Harry Browne in 1996, Pat Buchanan in 2000, and Michael Badnarik in 2004. I'm voting for Chuck Baldwin this year. I vote for every third party candidate, which is usually Libertarian, that appears on my ballot.

angelatc
10-29-2008, 09:33 PM
I usually vote Republican.

Fyretrohl
10-29-2008, 09:40 PM
I had long ago determined that I would only vote for candidates who believed in, supported, and woudl defend the constitution. So, this year was the first year I gave a rats behind about the Presidential election. Prior years just had crooks, crooks, and more crooks.

I ALMOST got involved and voted when Perot was running...

anotherone
10-29-2008, 09:45 PM
I vote for all Libertarian candidates, which is fortunately quite a few. On the smaller municipal elections, I vote Republican.

cien750hp
10-29-2008, 09:47 PM
im not old enough to vote, but when i can, i will be voting for people who represent libertarian/constitutionalist ideas, no matter what party they are.

side note, but i just recently found out that the constitution party is larger than the libertarian.
constitution is the third largest, green is fourth, libertarian is fifth.

Carole
10-29-2008, 10:35 PM
I have been a registered Republican for some years, but I have never voted consistently along party lines ever.

I voted for George Wallace years ago. Voted for Harry Browne.

Probably will register as Independent after next Tuesday.

I have considered Libertarian in the the past, but have never been convinced that that party has its act together.

Nearly always I look for Constitution and libertarian-minded candidates and try to avoid manistream candidates unless there are no choices. Then I often vote Republican.

I am libertarian with a the small "l".