PDA

View Full Version : BJ Lawson's November Surprise - TFT

yongrel
10-29-2008, 08:50 AM
From the Free Turkey:
http://thefreeturkey.com/2008/10/29/bj-lawson-and-the-november-surprise/

Barack Obama will win the presidency come Election Day, barring some bizarre turn of events. By all indications, he has a substantial lead among voters over John McCain and shows no sign of losing that edge. Though polls are not foolproof nor remotely close to 100% accurate, they do provide a powerful insight into races. They’ve also taken a lot of the suspense out of these competitions. Where’s the shock and awe of a landslide election or a come-from-behind win when they were predicted and recorded by the polls?

Fortunately for liberty lovers though, November 4 may still come with a surprise or two. According to The Herald Sun, no recent polling has been conducted of the 4th Congressional District in North Carolina. No approval surveys, no policy surveys, no straight forward candidate versus candidate polls. Nothin’. BJ Lawson, enter stage right.

Continue reading... (http://thefreeturkey.com/2008/10/29/bj-lawson-and-the-november-surprise/)

Bern
10-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Nice post, thanks. Go BJL Go!

ladyjade3
10-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Go, bj!!!!!

Aratus
10-29-2008, 09:10 AM
gist of Yongrel's link! -- Mr Lawson is money-wise easily 500% above where
conventional wisdom had him pegged, and things thusly could go squeaker!

MRoCkEd
10-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Nice article.
Ah, man, we are going to be so disappointed if BJ loses.

boggie08
10-29-2008, 10:18 AM
This article is just another reason to donate to Lawson. HE COULD WIN!

mczerone
10-29-2008, 10:55 AM
How could one candidate have a "come from behind victory" without early polling putting him as the underdog? (small nitpik with the article)

Have YOU given to Liberty or Lawson today?

yongrel
10-29-2008, 12:38 PM
How could one candidate have a "come from behind victory" without early polling putting him as the underdog? (small nitpik with the article)

Have YOU given to Liberty or Lawson today?

Well, he could come from behind in the sense that a) he started this race with zero name recognition going up against a 20 year incumbent, b) the entire establishment is convinced he will lose, and c) he was way behind in fund raising.

I can't afford to today. Broke college student and whatnot. Payday is Friday though... :D

NewEnd
10-29-2008, 01:05 PM
The real news, if Lawson wins, will be he will be the ONLY republican, (except maybe the democrat in Florida under an affair scandal) to unseat a Democratic incumbent. That would be newsworthy... and it would be one more big "WE TOLD YOU SO" to the neocon strangled GOP.

slacker921
10-29-2008, 01:12 PM
The real news, if Lawson wins, will be he will be the ONLY republican, (except maybe the democrat in Florida under an affair scandal) to unseat a Democratic incumbent. That would be newsworthy... and it would be one more big "WE TOLD YOU SO" to the neocon strangled GOP.

There will be die-hard neoconservative Republicans who go vote for David Price simply because they realized Lawson was a Ron Paul supporter. I have Republican friends who detest Ron Paul that much and they do NOT want to let the scenario you describe happen - even if it means an incumbent Democrat winning.

jt8025
10-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $149.00 to the Lawson for Congress Campaign.
Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.
We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of peace, prosperity, and liberty.
Thanks for being a part of the campaign!
Your confirmation number:
T8413-8TY99202WF634245C

MRoCkEd
10-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $149.00 to the Lawson for Congress Campaign.
We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of peace, prosperity, and liberty.
T8413-8TY99202WF634245C
great!!

yongrel
10-29-2008, 02:26 PM
T8413-8TY99202WF634245C

Fantastic!

AJ Antimony
10-29-2008, 02:47 PM
There will be die-hard neoconservative Republicans who go vote for David Price simply because they realized Lawson was a Ron Paul supporter. I have Republican friends who detest Ron Paul that much and they do NOT want to let the scenario you describe happen - even if it means an incumbent Democrat winning.

You need new friends

yongrel
10-29-2008, 03:30 PM
VotEmote it here!:
http://www.votemotion.com/links/4675/turnout/

yongrel
10-29-2008, 05:48 PM
bump

AdamT
10-29-2008, 05:55 PM

Delusional zombies. My god.

zadrock
10-29-2008, 08:30 PM

Wow, I haven't met anyone like that here, thank goodness. We do have our neocons here in MD, but every Republican I've met has been really psyched that we're running. Maybe it's because our opponent is just detestable.

I also have no clue how well our candidate will do on Tuesday. It's impossible to say with any certainty, but our opponent is just like David Price - lots of cash, not using it on his campaign until the last week or two. So at least he's concerned enough to run radio ads and put out some signs.

yongrel
10-29-2008, 11:27 PM
bump