PDA

View Full Version : NY Post - re: McCain Hoax, Todd was booted from RP campaign for lieing B-fore

Razmear
10-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Some vindication for the Ron Paul folks from an unlikely source

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10292008/news/politics/nutjob_lied_b_fore_this_135790.htm

NUTJOB LIED B-FORE THIS

By ADAM NICHOLS

Posted: 3:59 am
October 29, 2008

A volunteer for John McCain who carved a B into her cheek and lied to cops that a black man mugged her had already been booted from a group which supported Ron Paul for making up stories.

Ashley Todd had falsely claimed her car was targeted because it was plastered with Paul stickers. Dustan Costine, the GOP chairman in Ashley Todd's Texas hometown, told reporters

Todd also told him she was being treated for cancer and had lost all her hair, he said.

Costine said she was fired from the Paul campaign in March after she posed as a representative of Mike Huckabee, and called his supporters asking for their strategies.

"We had to remove her because of the tactics she displayed," he said.

Todd, 20, caused national outrage after admitting to cops she cut the "B" into her face herself, and claimed a black man had attacked her after spotting a McCain campaign sticker on her car in Pittsburgh.

She has been charged with filing a false police report and was sent for mental evaluation.

Aratus
10-29-2008, 08:15 AM
there are these days when i do wish the New York Post and the readers of the New York Post are at least half as literate as is the hi-brow Wall Street Journal and the New York Times... now i'm simply thankful that they are intelligent and can read...

i really feel the NY Post deserves kudos for SCOOPING in a traditional ben hecht manner ALL the brainier mainstream press!!! this is an eye-opener! so does this imply a POST guy is amoungst our greater unwashed and semi-washed HERE?:D

Aratus
10-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Aratus now quietly does her best LOIS LANE an' snoops around so as to "out" the Post guy who methinks HAS to be happily HERE!

Dustancostine
10-30-2008, 01:17 PM
I will tell you this, though the article is mostly truthful (not completely), I did not give an interview to Mr. Nichols, he sent me an email and I did not return it because I wanted everyone to get by this.

He probably got his information from the Pittsburgh papers that I gave an interview to before Ashley confessed, but to print them as if I told him is a little punkish.

Though it does make the Ron Paulers look clean and okay which is a good thing.

--Dustan