PDA

View Full Version : CNN intro asked if Kucinich was "un-American"

xerigen
10-28-2008, 12:57 PM
I don't have the clip but the intro the the 3:00pm CNN show with Rick Sanchez said something like this:

"This congressman, no fan of President Bush, is questioning whether the attack on Syria was a political move to attack them and sway public opinion. Is this valid criticism or is it purely un-American?"

They did this while showing a picture of Kucinich. Now I don't agree with most of Kucinich's policies, but bravo for him stepping up to the plate and calling out the government's BS. And for the media to ask if he's un-american because of it is simply ridiculous.

BenIsForRon
10-28-2008, 01:01 PM
These people are crazy. When McCain/Obama tries to instate a draft to invade Syria/Pakistan , I bet you'll see a lot of people being "un-american".

Zippyjuan
10-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Calling somebody "Un American" is the right wing way of identifying somebody who does not agree with them. That is how they got the Iraq war authorization and the Patriot Act through- by implying that anybody who voted against them was somehow not patriotic.
"Either you are with us or you are for the terrorists!"

mekrob
10-28-2008, 09:57 PM
I've always had a decent amount of respect for the man, Kucinich, because he seems like a very reasonable and trustworthy fellow - at least compared to his company on both sides of the aisle. Anyone who attains the ire of the media jumps up a notch in my book.

chris198
10-28-2008, 10:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YwqtsCKhNk