PDA

View Full Version : Nazis bailed out banks to encourage liquidity too..Digg!

Chieftain1776
10-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Scary but unfortunately accurate comparison from LewRockwell.com

October 28, 2008
Financial Market Deja Vu?
Posted by Thomas DiLorenzo at October 28, 2008 12:38 PM

"The most serious financial problem for the Nazi State is not the danger of a breakdown of the currency and banking system, but the growing illiquidity of banks, insurance companies, saving institutions, etc. . . . Germany's financial organizations are again in a situation where their assets which should be kept liquid have become 'frozen'. . . . But the totalitarian State can tighten its control over the whole financial system and appropriate for itself all private funds which are essential for the further existence of a private economy. Yet the institutions which still exist as private enterprises are not allowed to go bankrupt. For an artificial belief in credits and financial obligations has to be maintained in open conflict with realities."

From Gunter Reimann, The Vampire Economy: Doing Business Under Fascism (1939), p. 174, about German economic policy under Hitler.

EndTheFed
10-28-2008, 12:40 PM

October 28, 2008

"The most serious financial problem for the Nazi State is not the danger of a breakdown of the currency and banking system, but the growing illiquidity of banks, insurance companies, saving institutions, etc. . . . Germany's financial organizations are again in a situation where their assets which should be kept liquid have become 'frozen'. . . . But the totalitarian State can tighten its control over the whole financial system and appropriate for itself all private funds which are essential for the further existence of a private economy. Yet the institutions which still exist as private enterprises are not allowed to go bankrupt. For an artificial belief in credits and financial obligations has to be maintained in open conflict with realities."

From Gunter Reimann, The Vampire Economy: Doing Business Under Fascism (1939), p. 174, about German economic policy under Hitler.

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Financial_Market_Deja_Vu

Yep... right in line with obama...

acptulsa
10-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Yep... right in line with obama...

It took more than one senator to pass that crap. Check your fat Navy brat's vote out, bubba.

I know he's been playing like he didn't support it lately, but, y'know, he lies. Just like Obama.

No difference.

EndTheFed
10-28-2008, 12:51 PM
It took more than one senator to pass that crap. Check your fat Navy brat's vote out, bubba.

I know he's been playing like he didn't support it lately, but, y'know, he lies. Just like Obama.

No difference.

Can you not do any better than calling names? And Just How old are you?

acptulsa
10-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Can you not do any better than calling names? And Just How old are you?

I'm old enough to know better. That's why I don't act like I don't know better. And I did do more than call names. I mentioned that your Navy brat voted for the bailout just as surely as the evil you think is greater did. I cited a voting record.

Nice try at turning this into an ad hominem argument, but I cited more facts than you ever do. All you can do is say one is less evil than the other--over and over and over--and assume that by repeating it you'll convince us it's true.

Well, just because Dubya successfully used that tactic to convince some people that Hussein had WMDs doesn't mean it will work on us. Does it?

Aratus
10-28-2008, 01:00 PM
most of us weren't around in either 1938 or 1939...
we have to take someone's word on things. so are we
all any better than ms. palin or mr. obama? greenspan did
have a point, he went back a full sweet century just so he avoids
a nasty parallelism to 1929/30 and h.hoover! --- he thinks of bucket shops
and j.p morgan!!! --- good point! the nazis did everything artificial, it all being
more thoroughgoing than mercantilism proper or protectionism proper at their heights...

Aratus
10-28-2008, 01:02 PM
besides acptulsa himself has also a point --- Ron Paul has merrie months and easily 30 I.Q points over McCain!

max
10-28-2008, 02:00 PM

October 28, 2008

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Financial_Market_Deja_Vu

this is all wrong...

The Nazi economy boomed under Hitler because he issued debt free currency. The money supply was kept directly proportinate to the growth of the economy.

As a result, the well managed German Mark quickly became the strongest currency in the world. While the world was mired in depression, Germany was booming because of its honest monetary system, free of central usury bankers....and thats THE REAL REASON why we went to war.

torchbearer
10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
this is all wrong...

The Nazi economy boomed under Hitler because he issued debt free currency. The money supply was kept directly proportinate to the growth of the economy.

As a result, the well managed German Mark quickly became the strongest currency in the world. While the world was mired in depression, Germany was booming because of its honest monetary system, free of central usury bankers....and thats THE REAL REASON why we went to war.

Is that why Hitler invaded half of europe and russia?

Trance Dance Master
10-28-2008, 02:06 PM
this is all wrong...

It's also the real reason why "holocaust denial" laws exist in Germany today.

Indeed. They were liberators, which is why they were "appeased".

HOLLYWOOD
10-28-2008, 02:13 PM
this is all wrong...

DING DING DING...

Oh and don't forget, Prescott Bush and the "FOREIGN BANKS" thrist for PROFITS no matter what the outcome may become. Conspiracies, Extortion, Racketeering LAWS... ALWAYS Immunity for Banks and Financial worldwide.

StilesBC
10-28-2008, 02:15 PM

No, he did that because he was a lunatic.

Trigonx
10-28-2008, 02:41 PM

Hitler wanted German lands back under the German Flag. When Germany wanted Danzig(City with 98% German Population according to a 1919 census) back, Germany demanded that Poland give Danzig to Germany and also allow them to build a highway and railway along the Polish Corridor to connect East Prussia to Danzig and to Germany Proper while allowing the Poles to retain a permanent right to use the seaport and the route through the Polish Corridor was to be constructed. Germany also offered Poland additional territory as an enticement, such as the possible annexation of Lithuania, the Memel Territory, Soviet Ukraine and Czech inhabited lands. This all occurred while Germany and Poland had a NAP(non-aggression pact) that was set up in 1934 that was to last 10 years, however that NAP was nullified by the Anglo-Polish military alliance. Which(Anglo-Polish military alliance) refers to agreements reached between the United Kingdom and the Polish Second Republic for mutual assistance in case of military invasion by a third party. The Anglo-Polish military alliance was set up in March of 1939 which ended Polish willingness to negotiate successions. German-Polish relations deteriorated rapidly afterwards, even escalating into border skirmishes. The German Nazi Government, knowing that it's military strength was inferior to the combined British, French, Polish, and Soviet forces, invaded Poland on September 1 only after having secured Soviet approval in late August, hoping to negotiate a peace solution with Britain and France after the end of hostilities. This invasion of Poland is regarded as the beginning of World War II.

My sources are from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gda%C5%84sk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Polish_military_alliance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German%E2%80%93Polish_Non-Aggression_Pact
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Corridor

By no means am I justifying or agreeing with the upcoming actions of Hitler in this era, but I am putting blame on Winston Churchill where blame is due and that is by giving a blank check to Poland and telling Poland to not worry about Germany because UK and France were willing to back them up over a 98% German city that was barely inside Polish lands.