PDA

View Full Version : Stolen campaign signs...

tangent4ronpaul
10-28-2008, 11:54 AM
UNDERSTANDING THE DEMOCRATIC AND REPUBLICAN PARTIES.
Every four years the American citizens are presented with the opportunity to voice their opinions regarding our country's leadership and this always leads to a spirited exchange of ideas from two opposing sides; The Democate versus the Pepublicans. But recently this conflict of ideals has spilled out from behind the debate platforms and onto the streets. Tongue in cheek warfare with political signs has always been fair game, but even this staple of party support has escalated in the weeks leading up to our historic 2008 election. Gone are the days where placing your party's sign in front of the other party's sign was enough; sign warfare has escalated into defacment and in some cases, downright theft.
But perhaps what speaks louder than the stolen political signs themselves, is the way in which the previous owners deal with their problem:

- pics -

Conclusion: Democrats will invariably try to solve a problem by throwing money at it, whereas Republicans will just as quickly shoot it. If this isn't a perfect example of our country's two-party political system in action, then I don't know what is.

click through for pics!

http://ehowa.com/features/stolenpoliticalsigns.shtml

-t

StudentForPaul08
10-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Well i got a call the other day from my Mom. (I am at College) It was not a good call. I have had Ron Paul sign up for almost a year now. I was going to take it down after Tuesday but somebody already did it for me. When my Mom called she told me that somebody took my sign twisted it up and destroyed it, with the metal part all mangled as well and threw it on my porch. I mean I was pissed, and still am, but it just shows, there is a real intellectual battle going on and some people can't handle it. I am very disappointed somebod would be so narrow minded and do something like that.

Danke
10-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Funny. Had a RP sign stolen from my front yard. Told neighbor friend (that has teenagers that occasionally have parties across the street). That I was going to load my shotgun with bird shot for the next guy who tries it.

The sign reappeared a couple of days later.. hmm...

Anyway. I put up bigger signs for RP, adding one to my vacant lot.

And that one on the vacant lot was stolen a couple of weeks ago.

I just replace signs, each one getting progressively bigger. :)

I may stay up on Halloween night for some fun.

the biss
10-28-2008, 01:14 PM
I had antiMcCain and antiObama signs in my backyard. They were legit signs that I picked up at the campaign's HQs. I then stuck stickers over the top that read "Voted for Bailout of Wall Street Greed".

Saturday night, wife and I were watching a movie and drinking a few beers, when I hear "F**K OBAMA!" from out on my yard and the sound of squealing tires. Someone had stolen my antiObama signs out of my front and back yards. I figured something would have happened like that...