PDA

View Full Version : WVA Vote Flipping Caught on Tape

sharpsteve2003
10-28-2008, 04:25 AM
Video the Vote went to Jackson County, WV, in response to numerous reports of machine vote flipping. The local county clerk showed us the machines in question, but the demonstration left us with serious questions, as the machine continued to malfunction even after it was calibrated.

http://www.breakthematrix.com/Elections/WVA-Vote-Flipping-Caught-on-Tape

Notice the candidates it switches to. Maybe we do have a chance, Or they are just trying to make us feel better. LOL

jlaker
10-28-2008, 06:33 AM
I loved when Nardar come up.

slacker921
10-28-2008, 07:40 AM
I loved when Nardar come up.

Nardar? ;)

bump...

zach
10-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Funny how my county has that happen..

I've never felt so pseudo-famous through association before. :P

Gin
10-28-2008, 08:29 AM

Yea Right? Nothing like putting WV in the spot light in yet another bad way...

Our poor state gets the raw end of the deal every time.

Where's the good news about WV??? lol

the biss
10-28-2008, 08:34 AM
This machine is now calibrated... and you vote straight ticket Republican, and... uh, Ralph Nader comes up. This machine is out of calibration.

What?! WHAT! WHAT!?

Folks, we're in for a melluva hess come Nov 5th if this kinda crap continues.

sharpsteve2003
10-28-2008, 09:47 AM

Let Us know who the machine picks for your vote.

ItsTime
10-28-2008, 10:08 AM
The direct youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q9NSVUu8nk

Nice btm spam

slacker921
10-28-2008, 10:21 AM
does he pick Nader at 1:37.... ?

QueenB4Liberty
10-28-2008, 10:30 AM
hahaha! that's funny.

klamath
10-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Damned Nader, trying to steal the election!

Bruno
10-28-2008, 10:36 AM
This machine is now calibrated... and you vote straight ticket Republican, and... uh, Ralph Nader comes up. This machine is out of calibration.

What?! WHAT! WHAT!?

my thoughts exactly

UtahApocalypse
10-28-2008, 10:38 AM

Since you live in this county YOU are the best suited here to fight. You need to try and find a way to get the vote legally halted.

DJ24966
10-28-2008, 11:00 AM
They always make us look bad!!! I live in Greenbrier County, wonder how badly we are gonna get screwed.

ItsTime
10-28-2008, 11:02 AM
How do you "calibrate" software again?

the biss
10-28-2008, 11:51 AM
How do you "calibrate" software again?Exactly! Looks like the hardware screen calibration is fine!

zach
10-28-2008, 11:54 AM
I couldn't do anything except early vote since I'm back at school. I wrote in RP and made sure to vote for our rep. (Capito) who voted against the bailout even though I'm not a big fan of some of her policies. I'm not quite sure about Barth.. couldn't find a voting record or anything. Triple checked my answers too.

It's weird how the calibration is fixed simply through an inserted drive of some sort.
Why couldn't they make sure the few machines wouldn't mess up? The room is as big as my dorm room!

Brian4Liberty
does he pick Nader at 1:37.... ?

Yes he did. We call that user error. ;) Obviously the software sees that as a manual override, and choosing "Republican ticket" after the fact does not change that manual selection (of Nader). Whether that is a bug or a feature depends on the requirements given to the original programmer. Since voters will never use that voting software enough to know all of it's "features", the software should be as simple and straightforward as possible (it's not). Voting software I have used has been pretty bad. And people working the polls don't understand it for the most part. Even the guy giving the demo didn't fully understand it.

Obviously their touchscreens are crappy if they need that kind of calibration on a regular basis.

acptulsa
How do you "calibrate" software again?

Yeah, that's the part that gets to me. They keep carrying on about 'calibration', but I, for one, have never even heard of calibrating an instrument that has absolutely no moving parts. Do these touch screen machines have moving parts?!

steph3n
10-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah, that's the part that gets to me. They keep carrying on about 'calibration', but I, for one, have never even heard of calibrating an instrument that has absolutely no moving parts. Do these touch screen machines have moving parts?!

Well, one can calibrate the touchscreen by confirming that it hits X point in X region in X order, but the calibration screen he showed looked nothing like that.

sharpsteve2003
10-28-2008, 01:03 PM
The direct youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q9NSVUu8nk

Nice btm spam

Not spam. BTM is where I post and It's easier to post a link to that then I can also tell how many I am reaching.

CurtisLow
10-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Lets get back to paper and a paper trail!

sharpsteve2003
10-28-2008, 05:53 PM
bump

tonesforjonesbones
10-28-2008, 06:04 PM
LOLL wouldn't it be funny if Baldwin won/ wow..lol tones

sharpsteve2003
10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
LOLL wouldn't it be funny if Baldwin won/ wow..lol tones

Then you would have them saying the machines were messed up and now we have to redo the election and no more electronic machines.

Kludge
10-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Where's the good news about WV??? lol

Last time I went through WV (~February), they tore down a burned church(~September three years ago). It's now "for sale".

Brian4Liberty
10-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Lets get back to paper and a paper trail!

Those particular machines do have a paper trail. And user unfriendly software. And even the people who are supposed to know how they work really don't.

CurtisLow
10-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Those particular machines do have a paper trail. And user unfriendly software. And even the people who are supposed to know how they work really don't.

Then there is the recent admission from voting company's that their machines have been dropping votes for 10 years ( no doubt helping the repugs).

It says something when we regulate slot machines more intensely than we do with voting equipment.

You cannot confirm the absence of malicious programming if the code and machines are considered to be company secrets and even the gov. is forbidden to check it for fraud.

We need paper trails and we need them Yesterday, or else another presidential election will be stolen by the men behind the curtain!

Oh.. No paper trail here in my district in PA

http://www.elections.org.nz/files/sample_ballot_paper_copy.gif

Brian4Liberty
10-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Then there is the recent admission from voting company's that their machines have been dropping votes for 10 years ( no doubt helping the repugs).

It says something when we regulate slot machines more intensely than we do with voting equipment.

You cannot confirm the absence of malicious programming if the code and machines are considered to be company secrets and even the gov. is forbidden to check it for fraud.

We need paper trails and we need them Yesterday, or else another presidential election will be stolen by the men behind the curtain!

Oh.. No paper trail here in my district in PA

I have used those type of voting machines many times. The paper trail prints out for you to see after you vote. You are supposed to look at the paper (under a clear cover) and confirm your votes, but most people don't even know what is going on. A paper recount could be performed on those machines, and be compared to the computer totals to check for inconsistencies. Doubt that ever happens in the real world.

The example in the OP video was simply a case of the guy doing the demo not knowing how the software worked.

This is not to say that other machines don't have a paper trail. And the counts could be manipulated somewhere in the chain between casting the vote and stating the totals...using any method.

ord33
10-28-2008, 10:04 PM

Haha...my family is from Mason County, WV (right next door) and I even feel a little pseudo-famous. Out of all the counties in the US...it just had to happen there..

zach
10-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Haha...my family is from Mason County, WV (right next door) and I even feel a little pseudo-famous. Out of all the counties in the US...it just had to happen there..

I know? What are the chances of that? :p

Oh well, it means that something bad is being fixed that wouldn't otherwise had been fixed if it wouldn't have been mentioned.

blocks
10-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Demand a paper ballot, people!

sharpsteve2003
10-29-2008, 03:21 AM
Paper Please!

sharpsteve2003
10-29-2008, 09:38 AM
#1 - Most Viewed (Today) - Nonprofits & Activism
#6 - Most Viewed (Today)
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Nonprofits & Activism
#1 - Top Favorited (Today) - Nonprofits & Activism
#1 - Top Favorited (This Week) - Nonprofits & Activism
#1 - Most Discussed (Today) - Nonprofits & Activism
#1 - Top Rated (Today) - Nonprofits & Activism
#94 - Top Rated (This Week)
#1 - Top Rated (This Week) - Nonprofits & Activism

enjerth
10-29-2008, 12:02 PM

What?! WHAT! WHAT!?

The machine is obviously confused. It couldn't find any real Republican candidate for president. It thought McCain was an independent.

I can understand the confusion.

sharpsteve2003
10-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Even the Electronic voting machines are trying to vote Third Party.

enjerth
10-29-2008, 04:43 PM
I should have said, the machine isn't the only thing that needs calibrated! I wasn't aware that McCain was a Republican, either!

maqsur
10-29-2008, 06:02 PM
CNN is asking people to send video of any voting irregularities. Maybe they would publicize it.

sharpsteve2003
10-30-2008, 02:54 AM
I should have said, the machine isn't the only thing that needs calibrated! I wasn't aware that McCain was a Republican, either!

True.

PauliticsPolitics
10-30-2008, 02:59 AM
hmm...
make sure to bring your camera phones along.

Carole
10-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Dittos :)

Carole
10-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Calibration-just another word for vote fixing. :D

Every time they stick that damn gizmo in the machine, don't you wonder what it really is doing?

How can you recalibrate a "machine" without physically getting at it?

Recalibrating a machine with software does not make sense. "Recalibrating" (hee-hee) the software? Hmm...

It is all a joke. And they refused to allow me to vote absentee, because I was physically able to get to the poll in Cabell County. I am soooooooooooo angry!!!!!! :(