PDA

View Full Version : Network Marketing for Ron Paul - HOME PARTIES!

Ninja Homer
09-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Ron Paul's campaign success is a result of network marketing, not traditional mainstream marketing. To gain more supporters, and spread the popularity and awareness of Ron Paul, we should be using proven network marketing methods.

While it would be nice to get more attention from the mainstream media, it is currently a catch-22 situation; they won't give Ron Paul more air time unless his poll numbers go up, and his poll numbers won't go up unless he gets more name recognition from media air time. Network marketing is the answer to this problem. If you're going out and talking to people about Ron Paul, you're already network marketing, but we should look at how network marketing companies do things to improve our methods.

One of the most successful methods that network marketing companies use is home parties.

Basically, you invite people over and either talk about Ron Paul, or put in a DVD, or both. Then you get their info and get them signed up in a meetup group right then and there.

Now, hopefully you have some new Ron Paul supporters, but don't stop there. The objective is to duplicate yourself. Contact the people who attended your party maybe a couple days later, and try to get them to throw their own Ron Paul party. They will know people you don't. You can offer to come to their party and help out. And then you want to get them to do the same thing; get them to call the people who attended their party and get those people to do other parties.

You should try to do weekly Ron Paul parties until you've run out of people to invite, and then just help people out with their parties. You could do other parties for people that are already Ron Paul supporters to talk about what's working, discuss other ideas, just talk about Ron Paul, etc.

All of this should be in addition to the stuff you are doing with your meetup group, of course.

I have some more ideas/details on throwing Ron Paul parties. I'll add to this thread if people are interested in doing this.

wgadget
09-07-2007, 07:24 AM
Multi-level marketing for Ron Paul.

:D

DjLoTi
09-07-2007, 07:28 AM
DjLoTi is available for booking for ATL, Auburn, Pensacola, Mobile, NOLA, Gulfport/Biloxi, Tallahassee, Montgomery... Hit me up! I do the Friday/Saturday night party sessions on RonPaulradio.com .... I'd love to broadcast a nice party in the name of Ron Paul ;) :) :D

maxmerkel
09-07-2007, 07:33 AM
this is another great idea !

as always you might be able to publish it in a small local paper and get a bigger attendance! of course put some flyers into your neighbourhood mail boxes :)

DjLoTi
09-07-2007, 07:35 AM
One word: College. (and maybe another .. Kegs)

Madison
09-07-2007, 07:56 AM
One more word: Bongs.

Ninja Homer
09-07-2007, 08:01 AM
One word: College. (and maybe another .. Kegs)

Sure, it could be any kind of party. It just depends on what kind of people you can invite. Wine & cheese parties, BBQ, knitting parties (my wife's favorite), karaoke parties (my favorite), gaming parties, singles parties, kegger parties, stoner parties, garage band parties, BYOB parties, pot-luck after church parties, whatever. Strippers are for Ron Paul, that could make for some really interesting parties. Just make sure you show a Ron Paul DVD or talk about Ron Paul and get people signed up before you start the other activities.

DjLoTi
09-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Haha... Ninja. You rock dude. I need to start partying with you

Thor
09-07-2007, 08:06 AM
I have thought about this too. Usually MLM attracts people to come over to the meeting due the get rich quick schemes that don't pan out. They talk about financial freedom and being your own boss and etc...

We could retarget those same ideas talking about how a Ron Paul President will give us more REAL freedom, and more financial gain with no Federal taxes, etc. And sign up (to meetup) is free! (Or make a small sign up fee that goes directly to RP donations)

Could work. But keep in mind, lots of people hate MLM too.....

Ninja Homer
09-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Haha... Ninja. You rock dude. I need to start partying with you

Haha, I'm not half the partier I used to be (married with son puts a damper on that :D ), but I'll party with you any time. I'm in MN though. Maybe in a year at the Republican National Convention in St. Paul? I may even be able to get you booked at this venue: http://aquampls.com . I'm friends with the club manager and I did the web site.

Ninja Homer
09-07-2007, 10:21 AM
I have thought about this too. Usually MLM attracts people to come over to the meeting due the get rich quick schemes that don't pan out. They talk about financial freedom and being your own boss and etc...

We could retarget those same ideas talking about how a Ron Paul President will give us more REAL freedom, and more financial gain with no Federal taxes, etc. And sign up (to meetup) is free! (Or make a small sign up fee that goes directly to RP donations)

Could work. But keep in mind, lots of people hate MLM too.....

MLM people are great people to talk to about Ron Paul. Most MLM products are vitamins, lotions, or other natural products. The FDA (in cahoots with pharmaceuticals) is trying to put a stop to them. Ron Paul is trying to put a stop to the FDA's attempts.

MLM people usually know a lot of people, know how to talk to people well, and would be really motivated to get Ron Paul elected because their livelihood may depend on it.

Ninja Homer
09-07-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm bumping this up to see if anybody else has any interest in it. If so, I'll add more suggestions for throwing a Ron Paul party to this thread.

MsDoodahs
10-03-2007, 06:32 AM
I think this is a great idea, but I'm stuck on what the "hook" would be when inviting and how to ensure that at least one or two will agree to do the NEXT party.

Any ideas?

And am I right in thinking this would hook in the older people best?

Thor
10-03-2007, 06:43 AM
I would think the "hook" would be a promise of keeping more of your earnings, a freer country and lifestyle, curtailing big brother, taking the vitamins you want to take and drug choices without FDA favortism, etc....

Most MLM's promise big money. This would just promise you more of YOUR money.

And I think young and old alike would get interested in this.

The key wou be to find an existing set of well run mlm "downlines" and get some of them on board with this as a side to their existing Amway, Selpada, Mary Kay, Nu Skin, Herbalife, etc... With the whole FDA getting even more into the herbal supplement and vitamin regulation, some MLM's (vitamin ones) should go bonkers over this.

You know Mitt Romney has close ties to Blake Rooney, the founder of Nu Skin (the whole Mormon clan thing). Would not be surprised if some form of cross play happens there. But the RP story and result of his Presidency is a far better "sell".

Bruehound
10-03-2007, 06:54 AM
This approach is a very traditional campaign activity called "hosting a coffee". We should do as many as we can.

MsDoodahs
10-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Brue, so this is an "old school" method within the political realm, and the traditional term used is "hosting a coffee?"

McDermit
10-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Dean was big on house parties. Kucinich tried to get supporters to do them, but that didn't go too far.

They featured one on a episode of Will & Grace. More uppity, but same idea. You host the type of party that the people you know would enjoy. No sense having a black tie affair for a bunch of punk rockers and stoner. Similarly, you wouldn't host a garage band party for a bunch of uppity tea and biscuits types. Do what you love, and then throw Ron Paul into the mix.