PDA

View Full Version : RPF Paltalk

LibertiORDeth
10-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Suzu mentioned using a Paltalk instead of Teamspeak room, so I decided to try it out and really like it better.
To join go to "social issues and politics" then the sub category "politics and government" then "Ron Paul Forums Chat".
Advantages:
Prettier interface
Much clearer sound
Easier to use chat box
Only one person can talk at a time
Easier to get non-forum members on, as people can join by browsing the list of rooms.

Disadvantages:
Everyone would need to download the program/create an account
Has some advertisements
(Might) have to have Windows operating system....

Feel free to mention any other things to add to each list. I just thought I would see if anyone else liked this, if not teamspeak is still cool. (What sold me is not being allowed to interrupt).
Particularly looking for input by NEPA...

Edit: Also available at www.paltalk.com/express if you don't have the program downloaded.

LibertiORDeth
10-28-2008, 02:02 AM
By the way I am planning a test run tomorrow afternoon/evening when peope are on and willing to test it out, let me know if interested ( An Administrator always has to be in the room for it to be open, I will be on at around 3 PST and on tomorrow).

Suzu
10-28-2008, 02:19 AM
What's the name and category of your room?

MelissaCato
10-28-2008, 06:25 AM
Has some advertisements

You can block those adverts directly from your browser. :D

Good Deal.

MelissaCato
10-28-2008, 06:32 AM
1. Log-in with Administrator account
2. Click Start
3. Select My Computer
4. Doubl-click on C:\ Drive -> Windows -> system32 -> drivers -> etc -> open hosts file with Notepad
5. Copy “127.0.0.1 advertising.paltalk.com” without quotation marks
6. Paste under 127.0.0.1 localhost
7. Voila, you can enter into any rooms without ads disturbing you

LibertiORDeth
10-28-2008, 09:01 AM
1. Log-in with Administrator account
2. Click Start
3. Select My Computer
4. Doubl-click on C:\ Drive -> Windows -> system32 -> drivers -> etc -> open hosts file with Notepad
5. Copy “127.0.0.1 advertising.paltalk.com” without quotation marks
6. Paste under 127.0.0.1 localhost
7. Voila, you can enter into any rooms without ads disturbing you

You rock my friend.
To Suzu, it is under "social issues and politics", then "government and politics". Not open though as I have to work. If we agree too this I will hvae my computer on it 24/7 for permanant access (and other admins for back up).

ronpaulhawaii
10-28-2008, 09:08 AM
I like Paltalk :)

LibertyEagle
10-28-2008, 09:10 AM
MrChubbs had one of these up and going during the campaign. It worked well.

Suzu
10-28-2008, 09:23 AM
You rock my friend.
To Suzu, it is under "social issues and politics", then "government and politics". Not open though as I have to work. If we agree too this I will hvae my computer on it 24/7 for permanant access (and other admins for back up).

Luke, what is the Room called?

Note to prospective admins: To open a room as an admin in PalTalk you go to the Actions menu and select "Join a Chat Room as Admin" then a small window will open asking for the name of the Room Owner (in this case LibertiORDeth) and the admin code. It's that simple.

LibertiORDeth
10-28-2008, 09:41 AM
MrChubbs had one of these up and going during the campaign. It worked well.

Suzu mentioned that, and said that he couldn't gather much interest in the idea.

LibertiORDeth
10-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Luke, what is the Room called?

Note to prospective admins: To open a room as an admin in PalTalk you go to the Actions menu and select "Join a Chat Room as Admin" then a small window will open asking for the name of the Room Owner (in this case LibertiORDeth) and the admin code. It's that simple.

Room is something like "Ron Paul Forums Chat".

LibertiORDeth
10-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Bump for feedback.

Kotin
10-28-2008, 12:21 PM
get outta town.

mrchubbs
10-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Yes... I have a room that I never open anymore called "Ron Paul Grassroots". We used to have some fun in there trying to convert people to the Ron Paul way.

We streamed debates and other Ron Paul audio for awhile... I stopped opening up the room when the participation dwindled down to just a couple people.

The drawback at the time was that it ONLY worked on Windows... not sure if that is still the case or not.

Enjoy.

LibertiORDeth
10-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Yes... I have a room that I never open anymore called "Ron Paul Grassroots". We used to have some fun in there trying to convert people to the Ron Paul way.

We streamed debates and other Ron Paul audio for awhile... I stopped opening up the room when the participation dwindled down to just a couple people.

The drawback at the time was that it ONLY worked on Windows... not sure if that is still the case or not.

Enjoy.

Good question, I'll look into that. 90% of those on here have it though.

LibertiORDeth
10-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Me and Matt were on here and two other RP supporters not from the forum joined. Ahh theres another advantage to add to the list, easy access for non members.

LibertiORDeth
10-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Looking good, 11 members on right now, only two of us are from the forums.

UnReconstructed
10-28-2008, 07:10 PM
I remember a Ron Paul Liberty room or something like that a few months ago... once he ended his campaign I couldn't find it again. I think that you have to pay for rooms to get more than 10 people in them. Free rooms have a 10 person limit... I think.

LibertiORDeth
10-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I remember a Ron Paul Liberty room or something like that a few months ago... once he ended his campaign I couldn't find it again. I think that you have to pay for rooms to get more than 10 people in them. Free rooms have a 10 person limit... I think.

No sir, I have 15 people in it right now, the limit for free accounts is 200.
I need someone to stay logged in to keep the room up until Thursday when my parts to fix my desktop are here, anyone interested in having Admin powers? (You can split it up with someone else, maybe have one person keep it on at night and someone else during the day).

LibertiORDeth
10-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Well last night was a huge success, we topped out at 21 people with an average of around 15 the entire night until 8 PM or so my time when it started to dwindle down. We now have 4 admins (including myself) so the room should be up 24/7.

Texan4Life
10-29-2008, 10:09 PM
yeah I like paltalk better. You can chat and listen to people talk, and it does video chat all in the same well layed out window.

And if you on a slower connection you can stop the cam and/or mic feeds to better handle just the chat.

just download the free client at http://www.paltalk.com

we're in "Liberty Political Chat" Which is under social issues and politics --> government and politics.

Maybe we need a new thread with a how-to like with teamspeak

Suzu
10-29-2008, 11:17 PM
We now have 4 admins (including myself) so the room should be up 24/7.

Since you closed the room tonight I assume you don't want it kept open 24 hours anymore?

tonesforjonesbones
10-29-2008, 11:34 PM
I am an admin in Flip Side politics..
i used to be an admin in mainstream politics with Lord voo

i just left paltalk. I go there daily.

i used to go in some Ron paul room on there but it is gone now. tones

LibertiORDeth
10-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Since you closed the room tonight I assume you don't want it kept open 24 hours anymore?

Actually I had to exit the room for the name change to take place, then I opened it up again (But got off before you came back).
Computer parts are coming this evening, so starting this afternoon I will be able to host it completely 24/7.

werdd
10-30-2008, 10:06 AM
go with ventrilo

LibertiORDeth
10-30-2008, 11:49 AM
go with ventrilo

I have tried Ventrilo, same negatives/positives as teamspeak except it's even worse.

werdd
10-30-2008, 06:51 PM
I have tried Ventrilo, same negatives/positives as teamspeak except it's even worse.

ventrillo is streamlined, no bullshit.

runs on very little resources, and does what it is meant to do the best.

if your looking for bloatware then go with paltalk