PDA

View Full Version : G. Edward Griffin: Voting To Win is Illogical

mediahasyou
10-27-2008, 03:48 PM
This video is taken from over a year ago, when Ron Paul was initially is the early stages of campaigning. Freedom Father, G. Edward Griffin Outlines that the lesser of two evils is still evil. Take this to heart Tuesday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6zhIiGCvg

hotbrownsauce
10-27-2008, 04:04 PM
thank you

Truth Warrior
10-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Evil is evil is evil is evil, etc. BTW, so is voting. ;)

mczerone
10-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Evil is evil is evil is evil, etc. BTW, so is voting. ;)

Only when you vote to violate other people's rights.

A vote to limit government is benevolent. :cool:

Truth Warrior
10-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Only when you vote to violate other people's rights.

A vote to limit government is benevolent. :cool: A vote to limit government is USELESS and MEANINGLESS. When in the last 2 centuries has ANY vote EVER limited the US government? :p :rolleyes:

mediahasyou
10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
It is impossible to vote for a non-evil politician. For politicians coerce others involuntarily. Thus all politicians are evil. Do not vote for the lesser of two evils. Abstain from the Vote. Abstain from Beans. For Voting is immoral: http://members.aol.com/vlntryst/wn103.html

Conza88
10-27-2008, 11:45 PM
This is in meh videos... releasing tomorrow :o

TruthAtLast
10-28-2008, 08:28 AM
A vote to limit government is USELESS and MEANINGLESS. When in the last 2 centuries has ANY vote EVER limited the US government? :p :rolleyes:

Yes but don't you know?... people are slaves and they aren't interested in REALLY breaking free, they just want to get beat a few less times per week. :p

gilliganscorner
10-28-2008, 08:37 AM
So. Want Freedom? Agorism (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=153542)...if you can keep it.

RevolutionSD
10-28-2008, 09:11 AM
It is impossible to vote for a non-evil politician. For politicians coerce others involuntarily. Thus all politicians are evil. Do not vote for the lesser of two evils. Abstain from the Vote. Abstain from Beans. For Voting is immoral: http://members.aol.com/vlntryst/wn103.html

Exactly! I wish more people could see this.

gilliganscorner
10-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Top 3 Pro-State Troll defenses as to why you MUST vote:

Argument) If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain.

Rebuttal) Fail. I pay taxes. A lot of them. Income tax, consumption taxes, regulation taxes, driving taxes, land transfer fees, property taxes...the list is endless. A loaf of bread I buy in the store has over 50 different taxes applied to it from the field to the table. It is pretty reasonable to say that if you factor all of those externalized and internalized taxes I pay out, I could easily say that the government let's me keep 30-40% of my paycheck. In addition, the State/Banking cartel steals the purchasing power of my dollar through the inflation tax, a tax not one in ten thousand people understand. Inflation rates vary, but if you use the official (which have dubious credibility at best) rates of 2-3%, half the value of my money is stolen in 24 to 36 years. Some say inflation is as high as 10-15% right now. So I get to keep 15-30% of my paycheck.

As a result of inflation, I am forced to invest my money. "Safe" investment vehicles lag or break even with inflation AT BEST. If I want a higher rate of return, I have to expose the fruits of my labour to the market and incur unwanted risk and potentially lose my money. If I enjoy a return on my money, I equally enjoy paying capital gains tax.

If I shelter my money in a 401k plan (US) or a RRSP (Canada), I pay taxes upon redemption, which are arbitrarily set by the ruling despots of the day. If they need more taxes from me to offset "the tax burden" or whatever euphamism they employ on the working people that may or may not have diminished earnings, a reduction in population, or sluggish or negative economic growth, I get screwed over again. In addition, if I am receiving income, my social security is clawed back to some yet-to-be-determined formula that strips me of something I paid into my whole working life.

In addition, the "choice" I have when I vote is a ruse. There is no choice. All party nominees believe they have the right to steal from me. Until a politician comes along and does NOT think my life is the plaything of government, no politician is WORTHY of MY vote.

Argument) People died for your right to vote.

Rebuttal) Fail. People died to protect their (and my) freedom. Soldiers, have been equally duped as those who support them, equating democracy with freedom. They are not the same thing. Voting is "might makes right" or "mob rules"where 51% of the people can cannibalize the desires of the remaining 49%. Voting is nothing more than coercion. I respect your liberties therefore I will NOT force my choice on you. I would hope you return the same respect to me.

If soldiers clearly understood this, they would not be so eager to go to unjust wars. They would understand that a true patriot is one who is willing to defend his country - and his countrymen - against his own government. The greatest terrorist threat is right outside your window. Who are you more afraid of? A man hiding in a cave halfway around the world, with bad kidneys, who is more than likely dead....or the IRS, the terrorist taxation agency?

Argument) If you don't like it, leave.

Rebuttal) Fail. Where could I go? Do you know of a country that promotes limited government, sound money, the preservation of civil liberties and property rights? Name it. Interesting how there isn't one, is there?

I live here. This is my home. Are you suggesting I should tuck tail and run? No. I will stay and fight for my liberties and freedom from oppression by the State. Can I accomplish this by voting? What if my choices are limited to such a narrow spectrum that the most trivial of issues become mass hysteria fodder for the media?

No. I will stay and fight for my freedom. Even if I have to protect yours and your children's so they aren't delivered into this corrupt immoral mess.

Anyone else?

TruthAtLast
10-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Top 3 Pro-State Troll defenses as to why you MUST vote:

No. I will stay and fight for my freedom. Even if I have to protect yours and your children's so they aren't delivered into this corrupt immoral mess.

Anyone else?

+1

well said