PDA

View Full Version : "Get out the vote" Video Contest

Bryan
05-29-2007, 01:42 PM
The site staff is pleased to announce the starting of a new Ron Paul Forums video contest aimed to promote the good word of Dr. Ron Paul's presidential campaign. There are two ways to participate in the contest, either by submitting a video to be a contestant or by contributing $10 to the prize winnings to be a judge.

Contestants
To be a contestant you must shoot video of you or your group engaging your community to promoting Ron Paul's campaign, edit the video, load it onto youtube.com and link to it from this website by the contest deadline.

Video guidelines
+ The video must largely be new footage, small amounts of non-original material can be used for various purposes to help create a polished result. Voiceovers and soundtracks are acceptable.
+ Videos are recommended to be edited between 3-10 minutes but there is no requirement.
+ You must include readable text of two web links in your video, one of "www.RonPaul2008.com" and the other to a grassroots Ron Paul web site of your choice such as your meet-up group, personal Ron Paul site, "www.RonPaulForums.com" or other.
+ Videos will be judged on both the quality of the campaigning actions taken and on the quality of the final production for its ability to attract viewers to Dr. Paul's message.
+ Any videos that engage in illegal activities or that uses campaigning tactics that blatantly disregard Dr. Paul's values will be disqualified. You are responsible for anything that happens to you during your production so be smart.

Deadline
Videos must be submitted to youtube.com and linked here on this thread by the end of day on June 30th, Pacific Time.

Judging
To be a judge you must donate $10 to the prize winnings, each judge will be limited to one vote. Donations and votes must be received within three days of the deadline. Donations must be sent to the paypal account: RonPaulForums@gmail.com

No conflicts of interest
To assure a fair contest, no judge will be allowed that may have a conflict of interest in any means such as by being a part of a contestant group. Contestants are welcome to contribute to the prizes without casting a vote. Any evidence of a conflict of interest will result in having the contributions returned and votes nullified.

Prizes
Contest prize winnings will vary by the number of participating judges and will use the following format:

1st place - $100 - $60 is guaranteed, extra depends on judges contributions
2nd place - $65 - if judges contribute over $100, additions go here.
3rd place - $35 - if judges contribute over $165, additions go here.

Any additional prize winnings over $200 will be awarded at the same percentage as above: 1st place gets 50%, second 32.5%, third 17.5%. In tie situations the amounts of the winners will be equal and based on the places they hold (example: a two way tie for first could award $82.50 each). Prizes will be distributed via paypal.com

Why a contest?
It is the goal of this contest to construct a fun, community building event that will encourage Ron Paul supporters to use their best assets to support the campaigns favor. Additional objectives include promoting the exchange of campaigning techniques and to increase the expansion of internet material that reflects Dr. Paul positive message each of which can better connect to different people.

Final notes
+ Please post here or submit a private message to a moderator if you are interested in being a contestant or judge.
+ If there is adequate participation there will be additional contests.
+ Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

cujothekitten
05-29-2007, 05:55 PM
bump

tnvoter
05-29-2007, 09:27 PM
I can't wait to get a cam so I can join in the youtube festivities.

Bryan
06-07-2007, 10:41 AM
So I'm guessing everyone has sent this out to their local ronpaul.meetup.com group? :) You are part of a meet-up group, right? :D

Any questions? :o

Kandilynn
06-07-2007, 10:44 AM
I want to make a video, but I don't have a camera yet.

Bryan
06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I want to make a video, but I don't have a camera yet.
Have you joined your local meet-up? I'd bet you can find someone to work with on a project.

Kandilynn
06-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Have you joined your local meet-up? I'd bet you can find someone to work with on a project.

I'm the organizer of my local meet-up. All the more reason for me to purchase a camera.

joenaab
06-07-2007, 09:08 PM
on topic, i saw this great one-minute piece on YouTube just now. appears to be self-produced Ron Paul commercial. check it out. seen it already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJsVRxBPS7o

JoshLowry
06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Get those cameras rolling! This weekend would be the perfect opportunity for your video!

sunny
06-21-2007, 07:38 AM
i like the video although i don't think the "rules" thing is applicable. dr. paul's entire philosophy is based on the "rule of law" - he's NOT the rulebreaker.
also, the word "crazies" suggests that he is, to stick to his ideas. he's the only SANE one in the bunch of 535!

angrydragon
06-21-2007, 12:12 PM
on topic, i saw this great one-minute piece on YouTube just now. appears to be self-produced Ron Paul commercial. check it out. seen it already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJsVRxBPS7o

Yah, pretty good video.

Swmorgan77
06-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Utah group submission is located here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RnDyvzY-NE

UtahApocalypse
06-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Bump - this just to give others a chance to enter before it ends tomorrow.

UtahApocalypse
07-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Do we have a winner?

Bryan
07-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Do we have a winner?
Basically. :) The Utah submission scared away the competition but it was removed/redone and put up here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziIGBxt-isI

Technically this is a gray area in the rules but since the competition stayed at home they'll get the nod and $100 prize. I'll send a PM to get things squared away.

UtahApocalypse
07-03-2007, 04:28 PM
The Utah group will put the money to good use :) I hope that in the future we will have many other groups participate.

Wyurm
07-03-2007, 04:53 PM
great video.