PDA

View Full Version : Ted Steven found guilty

Sarge
10-27-2008, 01:54 PM
He was found guilty on all seven counts.

They said it could be up to five years for each count though they doubted he would get that much time.

Sure puts the race, in Alaska, up in the air.

jonhowe
10-27-2008, 02:20 PM
As much as I hate seeing the admittedly liberal party get a super majority, the closet-liberal party (republicans) might need just that to get their act together.

Good riddance.

P.S. IT'S NOT A BIG TRUCK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE

Truth Warrior
10-27-2008, 02:20 PM
:eek:

Mitt Romneys sideburns
10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
10 movies streaming across that internet. And what happens to your personal internet? An internet was sent by my personal staff and I didnt get it until yesterday.

Galileo Galilei
10-27-2008, 03:07 PM
The U.S. Constitution was set up to protect the people from oppressive central government. One British tactic was to "convict" American leaders and then have them removed form office.

Senator Stevens is a victim of oppressive central government. I am no fan of the republicans, but this case stinks. For one thing, the charges are petty and it's been blown up into 7 felonies. It should be a civil case. The prosecution also rigged the trial by withholding vital exculpatory evidence. Stevens will likely win a new trial.

And the snitch was in charge of the renovation project. He never sent the invoice over to Stevens. So the snitch is at fault, not Stevens. Stevens is 84 years old.

I suspect that Stevens was taken out because he opposes the neocon agenda. I hope he wins re-election and serves another term, Either from prison or on bail awaiting the appeals court ruling.

libertarian4321
10-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Stevens isn't a criminal, he's a "Maverick."

NewFederalist
10-27-2008, 03:19 PM
*GASP* How could such an honest and sweet old man get convicted like this? *GASP* (If they would only prosecute more U.S. Senators they could convict more U.S. Senators!)

lodge939
10-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Earmarks breed corruption.

I think there's an off chance of this guy getting reelected. He's funnelled millions to Alaska and a junior democrat wont have the same influence