PDA

View Full Version : Even Anti-Obama Rhetoric is VECTORED!

itsthepathocrats
10-27-2008, 01:34 PM
nm

itsthepathocrats
10-27-2008, 01:43 PM
nm

blocks
10-27-2008, 03:01 PM
And while Obama does mention his desire to modify the US Constitution to redistribute wealth, no where does anyone highlight what is probably the most frightening message delivered in that audio segment, namely, Obama's desire to move away from negative logic in the US Constitution.

In other words, Obama wants to move away from a 'charter of negative liberties'. He is suggesting a return to Roman Law. He wants a system where gov't tells you everything is illegal except what they tell you that you CAN do.

Great point, that line needs to be pointed out. When I heard that, it floored me. This audio tape is going to all my Obamaniac friends and family.

Lord Xar
10-27-2008, 03:10 PM
why isn't the McCain campaign ALL OVER THIS!!!

oh, cause they work for Obama, my bad.

to the OP --- send your analysis to the McCain people.. send it to more than one so that the chain of command is circumvented.

ItsTime
10-27-2008, 03:24 PM
my head is going to explode.

ItsTime
10-27-2008, 03:52 PM
This needs to stay at the top

ronpaulforprez2008
10-27-2008, 04:15 PM
my head is going to explode.

ItsTime, it is what I call framing. Basically, the media tell you how to think about something when they show you it. If you're not paying attention, it boxes-in your thinking and you only think about the issue in the context of the media framing. So, one has to really pay attention to how issues are framed and actively search for the motivation of that framing. It's not enough to just listen to the issue, but one must evaluate how the issue is presented. Otherwise, your just going to think about the issue in the terms, or frame, that they present it in.

This is why media is so very important. If you just heard someone speak without a pundit or commentator, you'd have the opportunity to frame the discussion on your own, using your own thinking. But media intercedes, and tells you how to think about something before you even hear it.

They compartmentalize. And don't be fooled, ALL MEDIA do this, even Patriot media and some media that appears to be Ron friendly.

Gots to fight it!

freelance
10-27-2008, 04:18 PM
And while Obama does mention his desire to modify the US Constitution to redistribute wealth, no where does anyone highlight what is probably the most frightening message delivered in that audio segment, namely, Obama's desire to move away from negative logic in the US Constitution.

In other words, Obama wants to move away from a 'charter of negative liberties'. He is suggesting a return to Roman Law. He wants a system where gov't tells you everything is illegal except what they tell you that you CAN do.

Lucky for us, that would probably require a complete redo of the Constitution, because many sections say something like, shall make no law, shall do no XXX, etc.

Unless he uses emergency powers to suspend the Constitution, fat chance. If he does that, I can only hope that his own supporters will riot.

dannno
10-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow, well thought out post. It would be interesting to hear Ron Paul discuss this.

Todd
10-28-2008, 08:36 AM
ItsTime, it is what I call framing. Basically, the media tell you how to think about something when they show you it. If you're not paying attention, it boxes-in your thinking and you only think about the issue in the context of the media framing. So, one has to really pay attention to how issues are framed and actively search for the motivation of that framing. It's not enough to just listen to the issue, but one must evaluate how the issue is presented. Otherwise, your just going to think about the issue in the terms, or frame, that they present it in.

This is why media is so very important. If you just heard someone speak without a pundit or commentator, you'd have the opportunity to frame the discussion on your own, using your own thinking. But media intercedes, and tells you how to think about something before you even hear it.

They compartmentalize. And don't be fooled, ALL MEDIA do this, even Patriot media and some media that appears to be Ron friendly.

Gots to fight it!

Great point....keeps me on my guard when reading any news...even the articles I trust.

Danke
10-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Actually, for most of us that understand the Constitution, that did catch our attention. But you are on RPFs (fairly educated, engaged crowd) and we have heard so many people (journalist, politicians, etc.) talk like this, I guess we just chalk it up as another ignoramus.

But your point is well taken that anyone we send this video to, it should be pointed out exactly what kind of "Change" Obama is talking about. Good point.

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2008, 09:15 AM
bump for exposition of truth about McBama. :eek:

Mesogen
10-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Did you see this in the reply videos?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4hlvwtXSeU

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2008, 04:21 PM
hmmm...

To come to his "negative rights" conclusion, I think one would have to skip over the first ten ammendments. :eek::(