PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in the next new south park episode?

ClayTrainor
10-27-2008, 01:04 PM
just found this on the Jesse Ventura forums, think it's legit?

http://www.venturaforums.com/showthread.php?p=1176#post1176

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/leaked-south-park.php?page=3

RonPaulFanInGA
10-27-2008, 01:08 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/u/bobservo/sp/sp3big.jpg

dannno
10-27-2008, 01:13 PM
They better not piss me off again. They have a tendency to piss people off.

About 3 or 4 years ago I used to say that South Park was a beacon of truth... then they came out with the anti-truth episode. They've had tons of great new episodes, but once in a while they come out with something a bit misguided. Their episode about Mormons was very funny, but also inaccurate.

Jeremy
10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
They better not piss me off again. They have a tendency to piss people off.

About 3 or 4 years ago I used to say that South Park was a beacon of truth... then they came out with the anti-truth episode. They've had tons of great new episodes, but once in a while they come out with something a bit misguided. Their episode about Mormons was very funny, but also inaccurate.

So when it's about other people, you think it's funny. When it's about you, it's not funny?

South Park has always sucked though.

dannno
10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Just so everybody knows, you can watch every single south park episode for free on the internet, legally. There are several websites that stream them for free, and there is even a web site sponsored by Comedy Central that has all of the episodes streaming for free. It's called South Park Studios, google it.

I recommend "The Biggest Douche In the Universe" (Season 7 or 8 I think..), "Scott Tenerman Must Die (early Season 5 I think), and the two most recent episodes about China and Peruvian Flute Bands. Also Cartoon Wars part 1 and 2 were pretty funny whether you love or hate Family Guy..

dannno
10-27-2008, 01:19 PM
So when it's about other people, you think it's funny. When it's about you, it's not funny?

South Park has always sucked though.

I'm not Mormon, and the episode about 9/11 was just stupid (though it was still funny during a couple parts). South Park generally rules, you think it sucks because you haven't seen enough of it or you aren't smart enough to understand the humor.. or you are offended by it.

Jeremy
10-27-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm not Mormon, and the episode about 9/11 was just stupid (though it was still funny during a couple parts). South Park generally rules, you think it sucks because you haven't seen enough of it.

You... just proved my point o.0

And no, I think it sucks because I watch it and I always have a straight face... nothing is funny. Simpsons, Family Guy... those are some funny cartoons. South Park is a bore.

phixion
10-27-2008, 01:21 PM
The only people who don't watch South Park are so-called intellectuals who think they're too good for it and people with a stick up their @rse. That and religious fools who don't know how to enjoy themselves or appreciate the sort of humour South Park serves up.

Anyway, episode 178 (the one this image refers to) is the sequel to last weeks episode: "Pandemic 2: The Startling" - not PAUL-ITICS.

I'm hoping like heck they do an episode on Ron Paul though. It would be great. Fingers crossed for episode 179!

Pete

phixion
10-27-2008, 01:22 PM
You... just proved my point o.0

And no, I think it sucks because I watch it and I always have a straight face... nothing is funny. Simpsons, Family Guy... those are some funny cartoons. South Park is a bore.

The word simpleton springs to mind. Some episodes are garbage, I admit, I've only liked 1 this season so far, but on the whole, it's a great show.

Pete

Texan4Life
10-27-2008, 01:23 PM
This would totally rock the house. I love south park.

Jeremy
10-27-2008, 01:23 PM
According to phixion, if you don't watch South Park you're either a snobby intellect or a boring person who is clinging to guns and religion.

Oooooo phixion, I'm shivering with fear. Oooooo I'm so scared ooooo

RonPaulFanInGA
10-27-2008, 01:25 PM
I've never watched South Park at all. Never one entire episode, and maybe fifteen minutes of it in my life and I ain't some stuck-up intellectual.

I still remember when I was in fifth grade and everyone in my class talked about South Park all the damn time.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Anyway, episode 178 (the one this image refers to) is the sequel to last weeks episode: "Pandemic 2: The Startling" - not PAUL-ITICS.

I'm hoping like heck they do an episode on Ron Paul though. It would be great. Fingers crossed for episode 179!

I'm confused here. Are you saying the next new episode will not involve Ron Paul?

ClayTrainor
10-27-2008, 01:30 PM
I've never watched South Park at all. Never one entire episode, and maybe fifteen minutes of it in my life and I ain't some stuck-up intellectual.

I still remember when I was in fifth grade and everyone in my class talked about South Park all the damn time.

haha, that's cool.

being intellectual has nothign to do with south park... im sure lots of intellectuals watch it, and lots don't.

South Park > Family guy + simpsons + amercian dad Combined.

If you don't laugh at this show, me and you must have different ways of looking at things i suppose :cool:

phixion
10-27-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm confused here. Are you saying the next new episode will not involve Ron Paul?

Yeah. In the image it stated 178 would be the Ron Paul one - but 178 has been announced as the sequel to last weeks episode.

But that's not to say Ron Paul isn't involved in it, I guess.

They are doing a movie parody of Cloverfield (from Part 1) - so the movie parody element is there. Perhaps Ron Paul is introduced in Part 2 somehow.

Or maybe they moved the Ron Paul episode back, and it may be 179.

I guess we shall see near the end of the week.

Pete

somename043
10-27-2008, 01:40 PM
I think its a fake although possible its not after reading all three pages don't think it is true. It would be awesome if it were true though.

ClayTrainor
10-27-2008, 01:41 PM
I think its a fake although possible its not after reading all three pages don't think it is true. It would be awesome if it were true though.

what makes you feel like it's not true? poor writing?

Dorfsmith
10-27-2008, 01:44 PM
I hope it's true. I love Southpark :D

1000-points-of-fright
10-27-2008, 01:50 PM
what makes you feel like it's not true? poor writing?

It's fake because it was on the front page of somethingawful.com. They were making fun of Paul supporters and now you guys are continuing the joke by falling for it.

Congrats on perpetuating the notion that Paul supporters are retards who will believe anything even when they read it on a satirical website.

MikeStanart
10-27-2008, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't be suprised. The creators of Southpark are known Libertarians.

MRoCkEd
10-27-2008, 01:55 PM
hoax

ClayTrainor
10-27-2008, 02:02 PM
It's fake because it was on the front page of somethingawful.com. They were making fun of Paul supporters and now you guys are continuing the joke by falling for it.

Congrats on perpetuating the notion that Paul supporters are retards who will believe anything even when they read it on a satirical website.

Well fuck, i didn't know.

Alawn
10-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Fake. The next episode is the second part of the last one. And they wouldn't have an election one after the election.

Kotin
10-27-2008, 02:06 PM
http://www.theadvocates.org/celebrities/trey-parker.html

Trey Parker - Libertarian

When PBS's Charlie Rose asked Trey Parker pointblank on a September 26, 2005 show if he was a libertarian, the outspoken co-creator of South Park was uncharacteristically coy.

"It's possible," Parker admitted.

It's not that he was embarrassed about being a libertarian. It's just, Parker told the host, that the question was, well, "It's like: Are you gay?" Then he laughed uproariously.

surf
10-27-2008, 02:29 PM
South Park is cool, in my opinion. the "turd sandwich vs a giant douche " was a classic statement on electoral choices in 2004(?).

obsolescence
10-27-2008, 02:48 PM
It's from Something Awful. Fake.