PDA

View Full Version : Guys, I need a dose of Liberty

Chester Copperpot
10-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Nights like this I almost feel like giving up.

Tired of both the extreme left and right..

My guy isnt going to win.. Im sick of the election.. and I question whether or not our consistent word of mouth about the issues and educating the public can stand up to the MSM and public willful ignorance, stupidity, and apathy.

ANybody got any good uplifting stories they'd like to share with me??

Jeremy
10-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Oh sure. Think of where we were before Ron Paul ran (Who was Ron Paul again?). And noooow..... TADA!

Elle
10-26-2008, 09:50 PM
People are slowly but surely waking up. I have noticed more letters to the editor about turning off the TV and not listening to the media when voting from people in my area that are normally either Republican or Democrat.

The local businesses in my area, hometown insurance agents specifically, have sent out letters in regards to large insurance companies - AIG - getting bailout funds and then taking vacations all on the tax payers dime. They are urging people that have AIG for their insurance needs to considered smaller local companies that aren't looking for bailouts. I hope all small insurance companies across the country do the same thing. If my insurance was with AIG, I would cancel it and go elsewhere.

ghengis86
10-26-2008, 09:51 PM

My guy isnt going to win.. Im sick of the election.. and I question whether or not our consistent word of mouth about the issues and educating the public can stand up to the MSM and public willful ignorance, stupidity, and apathy.

sure

a former die hard republican mccain supporter from work is now saying he can't stand mccain either, and will not be voting for him due to our conversations. it may be only one person, but its one more.

i routinely get depressed about the prospects of subverting MSM control over the sheeple. then i take a minute, weigh the outcomes of doing nothing (failure), and get back at it. that's all you can do. once you wake up, you can't go back to sleep.

penguin
10-26-2008, 09:54 PM
I was very nervous when I walked into my caucus, I thought I was alone. I found friends there but more then I expected. We met this weekend to start a political pac and there was 40 times as many people. We are growing and still working, just smarter and bigger. We will own the 2010 elections and will name the 2012 candidate for sure. Do not sit there like I did on the day of the caucus and assume you will be alone but do like I did and just go. The rEVOLution has started and will win.

UnReconstructed
10-26-2008, 10:16 PM

Why government fears one man with an idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlWZZSD4irM

or, why they tried to quiet Ron Paul.

Conza88
10-26-2008, 10:20 PM
You pessimistic because you are thinking SHORT term.

This thing is long term baby.. and we'll win. We've got the truth on our side. Nothing could be more important, the hearts & minds will wake up eventually. We've got to be there, the shepherds to guide the sheeple to the right trough of truth. :)

MikeStanart
10-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Ron Paul was one man. Look how many people's lives he changed. If we can all just have 1/100th of the influence he had, freedom is inevitable.

Kludge
10-26-2008, 10:35 PM
I made some more Jewish Apple Cake today (I predict it will become a lifelong vice :( ). They haven't taken away our ability to share knowledge and enjoy life yet :)

I also enjoyed reading and writing on the interwebs, watching a few Youtube videos, going on a walk with friends, and watching House + The Office.

Wait -- I'm not done yet. I was also given the privilege of sorting, grouping, packaging, and selling many more wristbands. As well, I finished my re-read of Orwell's "1984" and finished a few more chapters of "Light-Horse Harry : Washington's Greatest Cavalryman" (a required read surprisingly good for a biography published in 1966 about a man of the 18th century). Finally, I took two exams (one essay within an exam allowed me to write an article on the day-to-day activities of our congressmen) for my online AP class (a disappointing combined C- meets expectations for that miserable class on "Government and Politics").

Let's see... What else....? ... - I read an issue of Maximum PC (Excellent PC magazine for enthusiasts. None of that whiny "green"/privacy complaint bullshit the others usually sneak in). Also enjoyed reading the latest "LP News" newsletter and admired the "October Revolution -- Treasury Minister Paulson" poster with a neighbor after walking.

OH -- and I edited an essay I'm doing on the U.S. trade deficit!

:D America kicks ass.

Original_Intent
10-26-2008, 10:45 PM
It is cool that people are listening to us now, it is unfotunate that we weem to have lost a lot of our "steam" from a year or 18 months ago.

Now that people are ready for the message we need the originality of "the blimp" (which I never liked btw, but it worked), the elbow grease of 10 million home-made "Ron Paul R3VOLution" signs and the sacrifice and BELIEF of the November 5th money bomb and later ones as well.

I'll admit I haven't been as involved as I was - I mean I have stayed pretty active on the forums, and I worked pretty hard to get Chris Cannon replaced with someone who is, if not perfect, still a big improvement. I wish we all (myself included) could get more fired up again.

thechitowncubs
10-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Start predicting the future, it really makes people think twice once they know you were dead on :)