PDA

View Full Version : What crawled up Rudy's butt?

Texan4Life
05-16-2007, 03:00 AM
Oh it was Ron Paul!

I was surprised when rudy halted the debate with his response to ron. In my book that was a cheep shot trying to makeup for abortion. Though I was happy with ron's response to it, as he did not get flustered or anything. Just the hard truth.

Now, the huge applause kind of worried me as I thought this might make a ding in his raising momentum. Then again I never knew a single word in the 9/11 commission report either. So I was farting around on the internet when I found on The Nation website a blog from John Nichols titled "Rudy Giuliani Vs. Ron Paul, and Reality".

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/campaignmatters?bid=45&pid=195576

Here is an excerp from it:

"The 9-11 Commission report detailed how bin Laden had, in 1996, issued "his self-styled fatwa calling on Muslims to drive American soldiers out of Saudi Arabia" and identified that declaration and another in 1998 as part of "a long series" of statements objecting to U.S. military interventions in his native Saudi Arabia in particular and the Middle East in general."

Now, I still have not seen with my own two eyes the report, but I believe this guy knows what he is talking about from his article.

Since rudy is practically basing his whole campaign on 9/11, I really hope the media exposes this. Because as "someone who lived through 9/11" (didn't we all?) It seems he could care less about educating himself about it.

And from the things I have read/seen on the web, it seems he is starting to get some attention because of this. I think if the media shows what a dim bulb rudy is, it would take away some of rudy's votes.

What do you guys think?

Texan4Life
05-16-2007, 03:08 AM
Just realized this is pretty much a duplicate post of another, sorry guys.

A moderator can delete this post if they want.

AlexAmore
05-16-2007, 03:52 AM
You're not going to get much help from mainstream media. If anything, they are going to side with Rudy just to spite us.

Only saving grace I see is the radio talk show that Ron got an invite from. *Crosses fingers*. I'm not saying Ron didn't do well, but some people think Ron was being rude to accuse America of doing anything bad or something.

Texan4Life
05-16-2007, 04:14 AM
Yeah I can see how some might take that as a bash america point. But I think it is much more respectful to own up to our mistakes and correct them ASAP. Not just put our head in the sand or try to militarily force the rest of the world to like us again.

abouthadit
05-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Rudy was really puffed up wasn't he? Reminds me of the scene in Blazing Saddles when everyone was harumphing with the Gov. Wm. J. Lepetomaine. harumph, harumph, harumph.

Gov:
I didnt get a harumph out of that guy.

guy(meekly)
harumph

Gov:
you better watch you a$$.

Yeah. Rudy was really good at feigning his patriotic shock and dismay.
Puulleeze.

Bryan
05-16-2007, 07:34 AM
New website for Rudy:

http://www.debateronpaul.com

Texan4Life
05-16-2007, 08:29 AM
I love Blazing Saddles! It makes me want to go watch it.

Work work work work work work