PDA

View Full Version : Early voted in FL yesterday. Wrote in Ron Paul. Woot!

Join The Paul Side
10-26-2008, 06:24 PM
There were like 15 different people running for President on the ticket. I just went to the bottom and circled "Write In" and wrote Ron Paul next to it. It felt good to do. :D

I also voted against my Congressman, Al Hastings. He voted YES for the Bailout. So I had no hard feelings about voting for his challenger, Marion Thorpe. :)

I also noticed "gay marriage to be preserved as a man and a woman" was on the ballot.

I am a Christian Republican. Normally people like me would vote yes for this. However, although I believe marriage should be defined as a union between a man and a woman, the bill stated that by voting YES we would also be voting NO to civil unions for gay people.

This I could not do. I believe everybody has the right to pursue happiness. I could not in good conscience vote against gays having the rights to a legal civil union. It didn't seem fair to do this to fellow Americans.....it doesn't matter if they are gay or not. Just wasn't cool.

So I voted NO to it! :)

Cheers everybody, and happy voting! :D

zach
10-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Nice! :D

Join The Paul Side
10-27-2008, 02:18 AM
Thanks! :D

Micah Dardar
10-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Why is the government dictating what a church should decide?

Jeremy
10-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Congrats. You threw your vote away and did exactly what Ron Paul told you he didn't want!

micahnelson
10-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Why is the government dictating what a church should decide?

How to blow the mind of a Christian Republican.

1) Ask them who defines Marriage, God or Man?

They will say "God".

2) Congratulate them for opposing the Defense of Marriage Act, which would take the definition of Marriage away from God and place it in the hands of the Government.

They will be confused.

RCA
10-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks for rebelling against Ron Paul.

zach
10-27-2008, 10:00 AM
If the OP wants to write in RP, then he can do that.

No need for flaming.. geez.

MRoCkEd
10-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Congrats. You threw your vote away and did exactly what Ron Paul told you he didn't want!

who will you vote for?

Matt Collins
10-27-2008, 10:06 AM
My parents are poll workers in Florida. They have said an 85% voter turnout rate is expected, and they have seen many more blacks and young people coming out to the polls than they have ever seen before. By their anecdotal evidence, it looks like Obama will win.

speciallyblend
10-27-2008, 10:16 AM

he is a communist;) do not worry about him(sarcasm) and i am glad you voted for Ron Paul at least you did not vote for those losers mccain/obama

GOOD JOB, you will sleep better at night voting for Ron Paul;) way to go;)

Jeremy
10-27-2008, 10:17 AM
who will you vote for?

Writing in Baldwin. I'm assuming you heard our state "leaders" aren't letting Barr on. I was leaning Barr before since he'd actually be on the ballot... but I'll write in Baldwin since that's not going to happen now. And it'll count since Chuck is registered.

Fyretrohl
10-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Good job for following Ron Paul's advice and actually listening to him. He said he preferred that people would vote for candidates on their ballots, but that each person had to do what they felt was right. You did. Ignore the Ron Paul haters who just want to convince you to vote their way. They are no different than normal R or D 'supporters'. You did not waste your vote. *applause*

speciallyblend
10-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Good job for following Ron Paul's advice and actually listening to him. He said he preferred that people would vote for candidates on their ballots, but that each person had to do what they felt was right. You did. Ignore the Ron Paul haters who just want to convince you to vote their way. They are no different than normal R or D 'supporters'. You did not waste your vote. *applause*

agreed. i am proud you voted for Ron Paul;) the truly wasted vote is obama/mccain

speciallyblend
10-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Writing in Baldwin. I'm assuming you heard our state "leaders" aren't letting Barr on. I was leaning Barr before since he'd actually be on the ballot... but I'll write in Baldwin since that's not going to happen now. And it'll count since Chuck is registered.

gary johnson is a republican, republicans are fascists, that must mean your a fascist?? (joking)

Join The Paul Side
10-28-2008, 01:45 PM
he is a communist;) do not worry about him(sarcasm) and i am glad you voted for Ron Paul at least you did not vote for those losers mccain/obama

GOOD JOB, you will sleep better at night voting for Ron Paul;) way to go;)

Thanks. That's why I did it. So I can sleep at night. :)

Join The Paul Side
10-28-2008, 01:59 PM

It depends on how you look at it. Obama and McCain are the only ones on the ballot that have a chance to win it. So wouldn't voting for Baldwin, Barr, or Nader techically be 'throwing away' a vote?

If my vote is 'thrown away' I at least take comfort in knowing I voted for the only man in the country that derseves the job, Ron Paul.

Besides, I had to help my district vote out a douche bag Congressman. So my time was not wasted unless he wins. :cool:

EndTheFed
10-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Hmmm Hope you are as happy a week from now...

Dumb ass....

Join The Paul Side
10-28-2008, 02:03 PM
:D

crackyflipside
10-28-2008, 02:12 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul as well. Only one man deserves my "wasted" vote.

EndTheFed
10-28-2008, 02:14 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul as well. Only one man deserves my "wasted" vote.

Dumb Ass 2+