PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Graham Will Be Reelected And C4L Let It Happen

Razmear
10-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Bob Conley, the Ron Paul Democrat running against Lindsey Graham has a bit more than a week to spread the word about his campaign.
To date he has gotten no support from C4L, Ron Paul, or even the Democratic party.
As a result, Lindsey Graham will most likely be reelected to the US Senate.

Bob was only trailing by 9 points, now Lindsey is running TV ads saying how great he is and Bob is down by 16 points.

We have 8 days left to get rid of Lindsey Graham and elect a Ron Paul Patriot to the US Senate.

Please send Bob some cash if you can, or if you are in SC please spread the word about Bob Conley to all your friends and neighbors. We have to combat the Straigh Ticket Voters and tell them to replace the traitor Lindsey with a True Conservative.

Please don't let Lindsey win!

I'm a tad pissed at C4L for snubbing Bob, if they even gave him a single mention or money bomb, Lindsey would be toast right now. Instead we have to make our own Tyvek signs to try and spread the word about Bob.

You can donate Bob's campaign at http://AimHighWithBob.com

eb

EDIT: Yes I mispoke in the OP, The Lawson money bomb was by the Ron Paul PAC not C4L, however this does not change the urgent need to get Lindsey OUT and Bob IN.
6 more years of Lindsey or 6 years of a newcomer and Ron Paul supporter in the US Senate? Which would you prefer?

Please send Bob some cash if you can!
eb

Jeremy
10-26-2008, 05:10 PM
CFL cannot endorse candidates..........

dr. hfn
10-26-2008, 05:12 PM
bump!!!!!!! the grassroots is to blame not the C4L!!

ItsTime
10-26-2008, 05:15 PM
If he cant raise money in his own district then there is a problem. Same goes with BJ.

angelatc
10-26-2008, 05:17 PM

Bullshit.

I know that's what they said, but that is a lie.

angelatc
10-26-2008, 05:18 PM
If he cant raise money in his own district then there is a problem. Same goes with BJ.

ANd that's the attitude that keeps the incumbents comfy. Nobody wants to donate to a guy who hasn't won, yet a guy can't win if he doesn't get money.

max
10-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Lindsey Graham is a homosexual...everyone in DC knows it...

if I were running against him I'd bring it up. Folks in Dixie wouldnt knowlingly vote for a *****

Jeremy
10-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Bullshit.

They can't endorse candidates or work with campaigns. The only thing they can do that's close to that is talk about the candidates. For example, the one in Lawson's district was like "tell David Price to stop wasting our money," or something... to say they should have done a moneybomb for someone... well that's impossible and they've never done it before.

ItsTime
ANd that's the attitude that keeps the incumbents comfy. Nobody wants to donate to a guy who hasn't won, yet a guy can't win if he doesn't get money.

I did not say anything about winning.

Jeremy
Besides, Bob Conley isn't really a libertarian... not our fault he isn't more popular here

Razmear
10-26-2008, 05:23 PM

Didn't C4L have a money bomb for Lawson? Or was that someone else?

Unless C4L is a 501 c 3 non-profit (meaning your donations to C4L are tax deductible) then yes they can endorse candidates.

Ron Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin over McCain, but for some BS reason that I fail to comprehend his handlers won't let him endorse Conley over Graham. I've heard the statements that Ron would get kicked out of the party if he endorsed a Dem, but no one has ever shown me proof of that rule, and so what if he does end up as an Independent in the House, he would still be there.

eb

LibertyEagle
10-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Instead of diverting ourselves to our sometimes popular pastime of bashing the C4L, shouldn't we be focusing on helping Conley?

Kotin
10-26-2008, 05:25 PM
the fact is that its because hes a democrat.

and that is bullshit.

Jeremy
10-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Didn't C4L have a money bomb for Lawson? Or was that someone else?

Unless C4L is a 501 c 3 non-profit (meaning your donations to C4L are tax deductible) then yes they can endorse candidates.

Ron Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin over McCain, but for some BS reason that I fail to comprehend his handlers won't let him endorse Conley over Graham. I've heard the statements that Ron would get kicked out of the party if he endorsed a Dem, but no one has ever shown me proof of that rule, and so what if he does end up as an Independent in the House, he would still be there.

eb
That was Ron Paul, not CFL.....................

Razmear
10-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Besides, Bob Conley isn't really a libertarian... not our fault he isn't more popular here

He never claimed to be a Libertarian. He terms him self a "Jeffersonian Democrat".

Personally I would vote for a cabbage over Lindsey Graham.
As long as we have someone in the Senate who can vote NO consistently on unconstitutional laws I'd be happy.

eb

angelatc
10-26-2008, 05:27 PM
They can't endorse candidates or work with campaigns.

Yes, they can. It can't be their primary activity, but they absolutely can. I have done non-profit accounting for years.

I can show you the IRS regs on 501(c)4s, which are defined as "Social Welfare" organizations: http://www.irs.gov/charities/nonprofits/article/0,,id=96178,00.html

The promotion of social welfare does not include direct or indirect participation or intervention in political campaigns on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office. However, a section 501(c)(4) social welfare organization may engage in some political activities, so long as that is not its primary activity., and I can show you other

and I can show you a list a mile long of 501(c)4s that have made endorsements. Right off the bat the SPCA comes to mind - they endorsed Obama this year.

Jeremy
He never claimed to be a Libertarian. He terms him self a "Jeffersonian Democrat".

As long as we have someone in the Senate who can vote NO consistently on unconstitutional laws I'd be happy.

eb

Right, but apparently Bob Conely doesn't exactly know how to run a campaign? I mean look at Lawson... he has tons of volunteers and workers. I don't even know what's going on over there in SC. And if you watch that debate, Graham comes across as more libertarian than Conley??? How is that even possible? Why did Bob say he wants more regulation of Wall Street, then condemn the bailout? Is he... confused? I don't get him.

LibertyEagle

eb

Then get out there and help him, instead of coming on here and taking out your frustration on the C4L.

angelatc
10-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Instead of diverting ourselves to our sometimes popular pastime of bashing the C4L, shouldn't we be focusing on helping Conley?

I'll talk about what I choose to talk about.

LibertyEagle
10-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Yes, they can. It can't be their primary activity, but they absolutely can.

Angela, what would they have to be setup as to endorse a whole lot?

Wasn't Ron's Liberty PAC the group who is setup to endorse candidates? Maybe we should be approaching them about this. Thoughts?

LibertyEagle
10-26-2008, 05:31 PM
I'll talk about what I choose to talk about.

lol.

Bash all you want Angela, if you think it accomplishes something. Knock your socks off!

Razmear
10-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Right, but apparently Bob Conely doesn't exactly know how to run a campaign? I mean look at Lawson... he has tons of volunteers and workers. I don't even know what's going on over there in SC.

I agree. Bob is a pilot and an engineer, not a professional politician, so he does not know how to run a campaign as well as Lawson.
That being said, do you want Lindsey Graham in the Senate for another 6 years? Or would you rather have a Ron Paul supporter consistently voting No on all the BS Unconstitutional laws they will be trying to pass over the next 6 years.
One NO vote in the senate carries a lot more weight than a single No vote in the House.

eb

angelatc
10-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Angela, what would they have to be setup as to endorse a whole lot? [\quote]

http://www.irs.gov/charities/political/article/0,,id=96355,00.html : [QUOTE]Political parties; campaign committees for candidates for federal, state or local office; and political action committees are all political organizations subject to tax under IRC section 527.

Lots of FEC reporting that goes along with that structure.

Wasn't Ron's Liberty PAC the group who is setup to endorse candidates? Maybe we should be approaching them about this. Thoughts?

That's a great idea.

angelatc
10-26-2008, 05:35 PM
lol.

Bash all you want Angela, if you think it accomplishes something. Knock your socks off!

Correcting disinformation is bashing?

HenryKnoxFineBooks
10-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Running for Senate is a different animal than a rum for the House of Rep.

I dont think Lawson would be doing as well iss he were running state-wide. It's a big bite for a newcomer, and really tests a campaign's organization.

Razmear
Then get out there and help him, instead of coming on here and taking out your frustration on the C4L.

You want me running down the highway at night waving a banner or should I be here trying to raise some funds for a candidate I support.

And the C4L has been a huge disappointment, but they if they are not endorsing any candidates then maybe I misspoke. I thought the Lawson Money Bomb was a C4L project.

I know you have that 'moderator' tag under your name, but never tell me to get out and do something when you have no idea what I've already been doing.

eb

Jeremy
I agree. Bob is a pilot and an engineer, not a professional politician, so he does not know how to run a campaign as well as Lawson.
That being said, do you want Lindsey Graham in the Senate for another 6 years? Or would you rather have a Ron Paul supporter consistently voting No on all the BS Unconstitutional laws they will be trying to pass over the next 6 years.
One NO vote in the senate carries a lot more weight than a single No vote in the House.

eb

BJ Lawson is a doctor and has never run for any office before either. I'm not saying I want Graham and I don't want Bob... I'm telling you the only thing CFL can do is talk about their positions and name names in the areas. Who says they even know who Bob Conley is?

LibertyEagle
10-26-2008, 05:41 PM
You want me running down the highway at night waving a banner or should I be here trying to raise some funds for a candidate I support.

And the C4L has been a huge disappointment, but they if they are not endorsing any candidates then maybe I misspoke. I thought the Lawson Money Bomb was a C4L project.

I know you have that 'moderator' tag under your name, but never tell me to get out and do something when you have no idea what I've already been doing.

eb

Raz,

All I can tell you is that your behavior on this issue has totally turned me off from donating one red cent to Conley. It is Ron's Liberty PAC who endorses candidates. If you want to try to get them to do that, you might want to contact them directly. I doubt they frequent RPFs.

Just my opinion.

angelatc
10-26-2008, 05:42 PM
The fact that Bob is a Democrat and BJ is a Republican would make it hard for either party to accuse the CFL of endorsing along party lines.

D.H.
10-26-2008, 05:43 PM
RP can definitely cross party lines and endorse a Liberty Dem. (through the PAC) In this case it would be quite effective as the person in question to run against is Lindsey Graham part of Washington's well known 3 Amigos - McCain, Lieberman and Graham.

Lieberman showed up at the RNC to endorse McCain! Nothing happened to him. I would love to see this circle jerk split up anyway.

Jeremy
The fact that Bob is a Democrat and BJ is a Republican would make it hard for either party to accuse the CFL of endorsing along party lines.

The CFL doesn't endorse any candidates.

tpreitzel
Bob Conley, the Ron Paul Democrat running against Lindsey Graham has a bit more than a week to spread the word about his campaign.
To date he has gotten no support from C4L, Ron Paul, or even the Democratic party.
As a result, Lindsey Graham will most likely be reelected to the US Senate.

Bob was only trailing by 9 points, now Lindsey is running TV ads saying how great he is and Bob is down by 16 points.

We have 8 days left to get rid of Lindsey Graham and elect a Ron Paul Patriot to the US Senate.

Please send Bob some cash if you can, or if you are in SC please spread the word about Bob Conley to all your friends and neighbors. We have to combat the Straigh Ticket Voters and tell them to replace the traitor Lindsey with a True Conservative.

Please don't let Lindsey win!

I'm a tad pissed at C4L for snubbing Bob, if they even gave him a single mention or money bomb, Lindsey would be toast right now. Instead we have to make our own Tyvek signs to try and spread the word about Bob.

You can donate Bob's campaign at http://AimHighWithBob.com

eb

I assume that this information has been given to C4L and Ron's Liberty PAC? In the meantime, keep this thread bumped. We'll do what we can to help Bob.

ItsTime
I am starting to think LibertyEagle should be stripped of her mod rights for excessive trolling. This is the second thread she has trolled in tonight.

angelatc
Raz,

All I can tell you is that your behavior on this issue has totally turned me off from donating one red cent to Conley. It is Ron's Liberty PAC who endorses candidates. If you want to try to get them to do that, you might want to contact them directly. I doubt they frequent RPFs.

Just my opinion.

Well, your behavior has totally turned me off from donating one red cent to C4L.

Just my opinion.

Jeremy
10-26-2008, 05:44 PM
I am starting to think LibertyEagle should be stripped of her mod rights

I'm starting to think you are in a crabby mood tonight!

angelatc
10-26-2008, 05:45 PM
The CFL doesn't endorse any candidates.

I understand that. "Doesn't" isn't the same as "can't" though, and since they "don't" I don't see any reason to give them money.

LibertyEagle

I see your point. It seems though that they're leaving all the endorsements to Ron's Liberty PAC. Since you say that the C4L can endorse, I wonder what their rationale is for not doing so. I wonder if it's because they aren't setup internally to research the various candidates and the Liberty PAC is. Dunno for sure.

Razmear
Raz,

Just my opinion.

Ron Paul's Liberty PAC will not endorse Any candidate that is running against an incumbent republican.
Been there done that.

btw, your opinion of me is irrelevant. Saving our nation is not.

eb

LibertyEagle
10-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Well, your behavior has totally turned me off from donating one red cent to C4L.

Just my opinion.

lol

Like you were.

Jeremy
DownsizeDC doesn't endorse... JBS doesn't endorse... plenty of organizations don't endorse

And CFL has not once run a moneybomb. OP clearly didn't know the difference between Ron Paul and CFL.

ItsTime
I'm starting to think you are in a crabby mood tonight!

The first time I came to this forum I got attacked by LibertyEagle and I almost didnt come back. I wonder how many people have been run off by this mod.

LibertyEagle
10-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Ron Paul's Liberty PAC will not endorse Any candidate that is running against an incumbent republican.
Been there done that.

Ok. Tried calling the C4L?

angelatc
10-26-2008, 05:48 PM
lol

Like you were.

Like you were.

LibertyEagle
The first time I came to this forum I got attacked by LibertyEagle and I almost didnt come back. I wonder how many people have been run off by this mod.

:rolleyes:

Reinventing history I see.

LibertyEagle
Like you were.

I already donated to them some time back.

Jeremy
DownsizeDC doesn't endorse... JBS doesn't endorse... plenty of organizations don't endorse

And CFL has not once run a moneybomb. OP clearly didn't know the difference between Ron Paul and CFL.

angelatc
10-26-2008, 05:50 PM
I already donated to them some time back.

As did I, I think.... I actually can't remember for sure. I might have decided to wait to see what they were going to do dofferently from their campaign.

But then I decided to wait and see if they were going to do anything except sell slim jims.

These days, I donate to Conley, Cook and Lawson. I just don't usually bray about it.

angelatc
10-26-2008, 05:50 PM

The CFL actually said that they couldn't endorse though. Which is wrong.

LibertyEagle
10-26-2008, 05:52 PM
The CFL actually said that they couldn't endorse though. Which is wrong.

Ok. Point taken.

ItsTime
10-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Ok. Point taken.

So after of several of your off topic posts you come to the conclusion that she pointed out in her first post? :rolleyes:

Razmear
10-26-2008, 05:54 PM

OP has added a note to the OP explaining his ignorance of the origin of the money bomb from RPP and not C4L.

eb

Truth Warrior
10-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Unfortunately incumbents usually tend to have HUGE re election advantages. :( Hence the LOW historical Congressional turnover rates. :p

angelatc
10-26-2008, 06:06 PM
There's another thread that claims that C4L is aggressively targeting certain districts with regards to the politicians that voted for the bailout.

That could definitely benefit Conley, so I wonder if they're working NC?

RSLudlum
10-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Razmear, I understand your frustration but are you doing anything like handing out flyers, signs, getting the word out personally?? You probably are but don't blame it on the CFL or any others here, it would've been nice to have more support in our RP network but it ultimately comes down to SC residents like us to get the word out on our preferred state candidate.

Try calling you local radio and tv stations and encourage them to get Conley on. Fortunately, here in Charleston, WTMA radio hosts on the Morning Buzz and the Rocky D show have given Conley all kinds of coverage and some even endorsed him. I'm planning on putting out some homemade Conley signs this week along with 'voted 4 the bailout' signs to place next to Graham's signs (which are conveniently/stategically place right next to McCain signs). I do wish I had some literature to hand out.

tonesforjonesbones
10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
OK...here comes tones. What exactly does the C4L DO then? if Ron Paul already has a PAC...what the hell does C4L do? Is it strictily for education? If they are not going to donate money to liberty minded candidates why the heck do they need all this money? They ain't gettin a penny from me until I'm clear on it. I don't think it is fair that I am labeled a dissenter and divider because I can't see a clear Mission yet from the C4L and they keep sending me solicitation emails for dough. Why do they need money to launch a campaign to vote against congress people who voted for the bailout? I am keeping my dough on the local level to help local liberty candidates. Can someone help me out here? TONES (I have not sent one red cent to mccain or the rnc either)

LibertyEagle
10-26-2008, 06:38 PM
OK...here comes tones. What exactly does the C4L DO then? if Ron Paul already has a PAC...what the hell does C4L do? Is it strictily for education? If they are not going to donate money to liberty minded candidates why the heck do they need all this money? They ain't gettin a penny from me until I'm clear on it. I don't think it is fair that I am labeled a dissenter and divider because I can't see a clear Mission yet from the C4L and they keep sending me solicitation emails for dough. Why do they need money to launch a campaign to vote against congress people who voted for the bailout? I am keeping my dough on the local level to help local liberty candidates. Can someone help me out here? TONES (I have not sent one red cent to mccain or the rnc either)

Why don't you ask them and let us know what they say.

HOLLYWOOD
10-26-2008, 06:43 PM

Please send Bob some cash if you can!
eb

Here's a TON of CA$H:

http://www.dccc.org/ (http://www.dccc.org/)

If Bob was smart, he would riden the Democratic CA$H machine wave, because 90% of a politicians job is getting elected. Once you're in the door, then you can convert and blowoff the Communist Liberal Democrats and Neocon Fascist Republicans.

If that doesn't work, have bob take some communications and debate courses... I think that cost him ABOUT 5-10% in the polls. He always has the house seats available to run amd campaign every 2 years.

Lindsey is a NEOCON Fruitcake...

If all else fails... have Bob Conley stick a NASCAR bumper sticker on his forehead, that'll do it. :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, I have relatives/friends voting for Conley.

tonesforjonesbones
10-26-2008, 06:46 PM
i don't think they have been very responsive to grassroots liberty. It would help if they would put their mission statement on their website..i looked for it and all I saw was a vague outline on what they stand for...but they need to put out a mission statement on what they will do. They need goals and objectives. They should post them so we can get busy...not just decide ..oh we're going to spend money on ads etc with info on the bailout. That's just random...there needs to be a clear mission...and an outline of what we have to do to accomplish it. i'd like to see the by laws too. Is there a board of directors and officers? Are there meetings? Are minutes recorded? They should post them on the website. is there a treasurer's report? That should be posted too. i'm just not getting this. Tones

psalm82x3
10-26-2008, 06:47 PM
I donated what I could.

MRoCkEd
10-26-2008, 06:48 PM
This may help a bit (some projects they are working on):
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=2875

tonesforjonesbones
10-26-2008, 06:49 PM
I founded the jazz society in my town...i know how meetings work, i know how non profits work...we have a mission statement, by laws, board members, committee chairs and members, we have meetings...we have a secretary who records minutes. All the members get an email of the treasurers' report ..how much we took in, how much went Out and where it went. All this is related to our membership. Tones

RSLudlum
10-26-2008, 06:50 PM
All kidding aside, I have relatives/friends voting for Conley.

I donated what I could.

Thanks to both of you for doing what you can :)

tpreitzel
10-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Been there done that.

btw, your opinion of me is irrelevant. Saving our nation is not.

eb

I've sent an e-mail to info@libertypac.net to try to clarify the issue. I'll likely get a response after the election is over, but Ron's Liberty PAC website seems to imply only a pro business, constitutional, and liberty stance as the main criterion for support. I've only superficially looked over the Liberty PAC website so I could easily be wrong as your experience indicates.

"The goal of Liberty PAC is to help fund and elect conservative, pro-Constitution, pro-liberty, pro-American sovereignty candidates who share Congressman Ron Paul’s commitment to the values and principles upon which our nation was founded."

tonesforjonesbones
10-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Ok..so where does the grassroots fit in? OHHh we're the donators. I fully intend to keep my dough working locally...We have events and fundraisers HErE to worry about. tones (ps none of us get paid a penny)

D.H.
10-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I have to agree with Tones on this. I have similar concerns as I am being solicited for money too. Their mission statement is somewhat vague. The moderator suggested asking C4L directly but in order to take advantage of the 24 hour email answers you already have to be a member.

I am not going to go broke with $35 but I also want to know what I am donating to. I don't think that is unreasonable. Just reading through this thread (I posted earlier about wanting to oust Graham) I have concerns about Liberty candidates being ignored.

tonesforjonesbones
10-26-2008, 07:11 PM
well..maybe one of those upper echelon c4l guys will be summoned to this forum...and maybe we can get some answers. Franchi showed up the other night. I need a clear mission and objectives. Lay it out. Tones

D.H.
10-26-2008, 07:23 PM
well..maybe one of those upper echelon c4l guys will be summoned to this forum...and maybe we can get some answers. Franchi showed up the other night. I need a clear mission and objectives. Lay it out. Tones

That's what I want to hear too. What you said in your other post about non profits is correct; it is how they are run. Some people may not know. I started a non profit myself in the past and donate currently to an animal rescue shelter. When you donate to dogs you even expect a clear mission statement. Beyond that, you can even choose how your donation is spent. Example: If you just donate $5 you are allowed to check a box stating EXACTLY where you want that money to go; i.e. spay/neuter program, education program, shelter maintenance, etc.

This sort of clarity would go a long way to building trust here too.

tonesforjonesbones
10-26-2008, 07:36 PM
YES. I just looked up how to create a pac. It is simple enough you just have to make sure you have a very good treasurer. Heck, you can function without being registered up to 1000 bucks in donations...but then you have to register and make it official. TONeS

http://www.fec.gov/pdf/nongui.pdf

scandinaviany3
10-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Bullshit.

They can endorse within their membership

qh4dotcom
10-26-2008, 08:06 PM
I can't understand why Conley is having so much fundraising problems...Rasmussen said 41% of people were voting for him last month...so if 41% of South Carolinians are sick and tired of Graham why aren't many of them contributing to Conley's campaign?

RSLudlum
10-26-2008, 08:10 PM
I can't understand why Conley is having so much fundraising problems...Rasmussen said 41% of people were voting for him last month...so if 41% of South Carolinians are sick and tired of Graham why aren't many of them contributing to Conley's campaign?

maybe because they don't know where to send contributions, it's quite a problem to need funds and not have the means to ask for them ie through media advertisements.

Last I heard Conley had something like $5000 vs. Graham's $3 million.

qh4dotcom
10-26-2008, 08:20 PM
DownsizeDC doesn't endorse... JBS doesn't endorse... plenty of organizations don't endorse.

CFL doesn't have to endorse...all they have to do is apply in South Carolina what they said in their latest update

Campaign for Liberty Update

As you know, we are now in the home stretch of the current election cycle. Thanks to you, Campaign for Liberty has been waging a robust campaign to inform voters about legislators that voted for the $850B bailout.

kombayn
10-27-2008, 01:31 AM
Bullshit.

QFT! What about Ron Paul endorsing Chuck Baldwin on the C4L website? Hmm...

Knightskye
10-27-2008, 02:09 AM
BJ Lawson is a doctor and has never run for any office before either. I'm not saying I want Graham and I don't want Bob... I'm telling you the only thing CFL can do is talk about their positions and name names in the areas. Who says they even know who Bob Conley is?

Here's what Ron Paul has to say about Bob Conley

"Some Democrats do believe in the marketplace and -- who knows? -- it may be easier to build it with the Democrats, because there's a tendency for them to be better on civil liberties and being anti-war."

"I think that we need more Conleys joining the Democrats; it's a philosophic struggle, not a partisan struggle. I'll work with anyone; I want to bring those people together and worry about the other issues later. On the big issues, we should come together."
http://aimhighwithbob.com/

Apparently Ron Paul knows who he is. :rolleyes:

So much for that.

nobody's_hero
10-27-2008, 05:04 AM
I don't know if we can compete with major corporate contributions :(.

I saw the comment about Bob Conley not being able to raise money in his own district as being a problem, but, I don't believe for one second that L. Grahams coffers are filled with just private contributions from residents of his district.

Truth Warrior
10-27-2008, 05:09 AM
I don't know if we can compete with major corporate contributions :(.

I saw the comment about Bob Conley not being able to raise money in his own district as being a problem, but, I don't believe for one second that L. Grahams coffers are filled with just private contributions from residents of his district. ( incumbent advantage ;) )

Absolutely the best government that money can buy. :p :rolleyes:

"The system is corrupt, beyond redemption, and is not worthy of my support!"

constituent
10-27-2008, 05:12 AM
I saw the comment about Bob Conley not being able to raise money in his own district as being a problem, but, I don't believe for one second that L. Grahams coffers are filled with just private contributions from residents of his district.

ignore the cfl apologists.

....and drop bob a cupla bucks if'n ya got it

Lovecraftian4Paul
10-27-2008, 05:21 AM
Ron Paul should come out and endorse Bob Conley. What's the rotten GOP going to do to him? He's already held a press conference with third party candidates and said he's supporting Chuck Baldwin. An endorsement of Conley at this point would be worth its weight in gold, and far more sensible than endorsing neo-con lite candidates like Michele Bachmann for re-election.

nobody's_hero
10-27-2008, 05:33 AM
ignore the cfl apologists.

....and drop bob a cupla bucks if'n ya got it

I dropped Bob about $25 a while back (was my first time donating to a democrat, lol, of course, I never donated to any politician before Ron Paul). I'd donate again, but I'm donated-out. I can't even really help B.J. Lawson out anymore. My department's budget was cut a while back; less hours, less cash, less economy. :(

I wish them all the best of luck, though.

mitty
10-27-2008, 05:38 AM

ron paul can. he didn't. what a damn waste. i guess this whole operation is for liberty as long as a republican is running

StateofTrance
10-27-2008, 05:44 AM
If Democrats vote in hoards, then he has a chance.

Truth Warrior
10-27-2008, 05:46 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hordes ;) Gotta HATE them fonics. :D

StateofTrance
10-27-2008, 05:49 AM
:D Thanks for pointing that out :p

constituent
10-27-2008, 05:52 AM
Gotta HATE them fonics. :D

gnaw, spaleing is four lewzers.

eye luv fawniqz.

Truth Warrior
10-27-2008, 05:53 AM
:D Thanks for pointing that out :p My pleasure, don't mention it! :D

Truth Warrior
10-27-2008, 05:55 AM
gnaw, spaleing is four lewzers.

eye luv fawniqz. Actually "hoards" was spelled correctly. ;)

constituent
10-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Actually "hoards" was spelled correctly. ;)

yea, for a verb.

psaaaaah.

Truth Warrior
10-27-2008, 06:24 AM
yea, for a verb.

psaaaaah.http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/psaaaaah (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/psaaaaah) :D

tonesforjonesbones
10-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Well...this is why i chose to work within the GOP. Even Ron Paul is only donating to republicans. i don't see that his PAC gave any dough to chuck baldwin either. Ron Paul is a lifelong republican. That's where he is staying..so that's were I'm going to stay. TONES

Austin
10-27-2008, 06:27 AM
Well...this is why i chose to work within the GOP. Even Ron Paul is only donating to republicans. i don't see that his PAC gave any dough to chuck baldwin either. Ron Paul is a lifelong republican. That's where he is staying..so that's were I'm going to stay. TONES

The fight to defend the Constitution and promote liberty is not shackled to any particular party..

tonesforjonesbones
10-27-2008, 06:38 AM
Well krippy....i believe the Constitution Party and their affiliates are onboard and the Libertarians are ....but the democrats are lost. They want a nanny state. They WANT the government to have the power..they want to be taken care of and they think it is OK to steal from people. tones

Knightskye
10-27-2008, 09:36 AM

Here's what Ron Paul has to say about Bob Conley

"Some Democrats do believe in the marketplace and -- who knows? -- it may be easier to build it with the Democrats, because there's a tendency for them to be better on civil liberties and being anti-war."

"I think that we need more Conleys joining the Democrats; it's a philosophic struggle, not a partisan struggle. I'll work with anyone; I want to bring those people together and worry about the other issues later. On the big issues, we should come together."

So much for that.

HOLLYWOOD
10-27-2008, 10:35 AM

So much for that.

I thought Crew Cuts went out in the 50's?

Gesus, this man needs PR work! Who did the nickle and dime layout on the webpage? It's not that difficult to look well distingushed and professional... cheap.

speciallyblend
10-27-2008, 10:44 AM
look the ronpaul2008 even endorsed a neo-con in colorado Doug Lamborn (neo-con R), there policy is not to go against any incumbent republicans, this is the bottom line i was told by the ronpaul2008. it was ronpaul2008 that toldme this months ago, maybe that helps on why they won't help bob conley, since graham is a corrupt neo-con incumbent. typical politics kiss ass to your republican buddies to keep friends in the house, sad but true

TruthAtLast
10-27-2008, 10:49 AM

Ron Paul hasn't won a presidential election yet people donated to him. If we were the FED we could just print tons of money to give to all "Ron Paul Candidates" but with limited resources, what determines someone's ability to win is their ability to inspire their constituents. He should go door to door if he has to. Meet every single person in the community personally. When he has enough support to win locally or for a House Seat he will have built up personal relationships and networks. Then he should run for the Senate with a base of people that will donate to help him win.

I'm not saying it can't be done by running for the Senate first, but you have to expect that it is going to be tough. What if Ron Paul didn't run for president? What if there was no "Ron Paul Revolution"? Would he not have run for Congress?

He should be running because it is something he believes in and is prepared to tread a tough road to get there, not because he and everyone else wants to tap into the emotional desire for Freedom that Ron Paul has ignited. It seems everyone wanting to a political career just expects the easy road of a Ron Paul endorsement and free cash from all of us.

Does that mean we shouldn't support our fellow patriots? of course not! I've donated to and contacted more people out of my state this year than I have ever done within my own state in the whole of my life. But that generosity should not be the cornerstone of a campaign.

I'm all for donating but I'd rather donate towards a real sustainable Freedom infrastructure that can create continual funding in the future. I'd rather set up an endowment backed by gold or other secure investments that can fund this Movement indefinitely as it grows. Something that could give off tens of millions in Interest each year that could get us closer to a level playing field. If we keep talking pennies, that's all we're ever going to get.

speciallyblend
10-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Truth at Last ,i am sure your voting ron paul in cali? right?:) if so way to go;) I voted chuck baldwin in colorado,hopefully to make more of an impact. I wanted to vote for Ron Paul,but it would not count in colorado, so i swallowed hard and voted for chuck.

I am jealous of Montana/Louisiana/Cali GO RON PAUL, teach mccain/gop a lesson please

LibertyEagle
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the link. Watching the debate now. Geez, Graham is such a dweeb.

JoshLowry
10-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Well krippy....i believe the Constitution Party and their affiliates are onboard and the Libertarians are ....but the democrats are lost.

And the Republicans are not...?

Xenophage
10-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Ron Paul has spoken for Bob in the past. I don't think C4L is to blame here.

"Jeffersonian Democrat" is pretty much equatable to "libertarian" in my opinion, just like "Classical Liberal".

tonesforjonesbones
10-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Well Josh, i would say the republicans are saveable. (grassroots..not the high up guys) They don't want a nanny state, they are for free markets even if they are not aware that the markets aren't really free, they are for the constitution even if they have forgotten what it says, they are for sovereignty and freedom..although they don't realize we have lost most of it. They hold the ideals...but sorry to say, most of them still trust the government. i talk to them every day..and they are starting to wake up, abeit..a little late. They really don't care for mccain..but they fear obama..they truely do..and rightly so. tones (these folks still love the founding fathers, they love the 2nd amendment...they are our best hope)

werdd
10-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Lindsey graham is necon scum of the worst kind, i sincerely hope he loses his job.

I remember when the bailout bill was on the senate, and he basically said.

"None of my constituents support this, they didnt support immigration reform either, but i know better how to handle this."

That asshole does not represent 1% of the population.. complete scum.

slacker921
10-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Are there any polls more recent than 10/13? The trend is good for Conley (http://www.pollster.com/polls/sc/08-sc-sen-ge-gvc.php), but maybe not enough time.

Carole
10-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Dr. Paul will not endorse any candidate running against an incumbent Republican.

I am sure there would be grave repercussions for him if he did so. Maybe lose his seat forever on the committees on which he sits.

That would be a terrible mistake.

qh4dotcom
10-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Are there any polls more recent than 10/13? The trend is good for Conley (http://www.pollster.com/polls/sc/08-sc-sen-ge-gvc.php), but maybe not enough time.

The bailout Graham voted for was supposed to bring down his numbers...sadly the 10/13 Graham poll numbers went up...I hope the poll is biased and the next one will be more accurate.

mitty
10-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Dr. Paul will not endorse any candidate running against an incumbent Republican.

I am sure there would be grave repercussions for him if he did so. Maybe lose his seat forever on the committees on which he sits.

then he is sending terribly mixed messages. paul needs to get his shit straightened out. while its cool he is a hands off guy, people need some form of leadership. he aint providing it. he only promotes liberty minded candidates as long as they are republicans. yet we are suppose to vote third party in the presidential elction. damn what a waste

tonesforjonesbones
10-27-2008, 06:28 PM
I brought up this point before. makes no sense. I honestly think he should fire his advisors. They steer the movement down the wrong path. I don't believe it is DR. Paul . I believe it is whoever his handlers are. I wonder if he sees 90% of the crap that goes out in his name. TONES

speciallyblend
10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
then he is sending terribly mixed messages. paul needs to get his shit straightened out. while its cool he is a hands off guy, people need some form of leadership. he aint providing it. he only promotes liberty minded candidates as long as they are republicans. yet we are suppose to vote third party in the presidential elction. damn what a waste

lucky i am not a sheep, i will not be voting for doug lamborn in colorado, so even i do not listen to everyword ron paul tells me;)

kathy88
10-28-2008, 01:03 PM

if I were running against him I'd bring it up. Folks in Dixie wouldnt knowlingly vote for a *****

I cannot believe you just typed that.

D.H.
10-28-2008, 01:17 PM

I am not sure about that. Joe Lieberman (D) not only endorsed McCain (R) but showed up to speak at the RNC convention. Look at all the committees he heads or is a ranking member of. He doesn't seem worried.

http://lieberman.senate.gov/about/committees.cfm

KenInMontiMN
10-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Joe Lieberman (I) as of '06, though he caucuses with the D's for now. Actually his party label in that '06 3-way contest was C4L as in CT for Lieberman. Since the GOP convention he no longer meets with Dem leadership, and we'll see where that goes next year.

A Wall Street social-progressive, Federal central planning/control neocon however else you may label him in less meaningful ways- such as along the lines of liberal/conservative or Dem/Rep, none of that really means much anymore.

The_Orlonater
11-09-2008, 06:28 PM

Dirty campaigning?

SO much for liberty.