PDA

View Full Version : NEW - Campaign for Liberty - Official Update

MRoCkEd
10-26-2008, 02:53 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=2875

Campaign for Liberty Update

As you know, we are now in the home stretch of the current election cycle. Thanks to you, Campaign for Liberty has been waging a robust campaign to inform voters about legislators that voted for the $850B bailout.

We are currently running radio, print, email and phone calls into a number of districts and states. Additionally, we have provided some great literature to help you engage on this important issue. We promised to hold politicians accountable for their bailout vote and we are keeping that promise. There is still much we can do and I encourage everyone to donate today so that we can maximize our impact. You can also go to the states page, click on you state and find our fliers for your representatives, print them and share them in your community.

Speaking of your community, this is a great time to all of us to get out there and volunteer. Volunteers are worth there weight in gold at this point in the season. By getting involved, you have a chance to gain experience, network with other liberty-minded people and raise your profile among politically active members of your community. All of which helps lay the foundation for our long-term goal of taking back our country.

In other C4l-related news, many of you have been asking about a Campaign for Liberty store. Due to the nature of our organization and the legal constraints imposed on us, this has proven to be much more difficult then one might think. Currently our lawyers and accountants are wrestling with meeting our legal obligations while still providing all of you with the shirts, signs, buttons, books, bumper stickers, mugs, posters, educational materials and other great gear that you expect from us.

Another question that we often get relates to Dr. Paul's ongoing support for alternative party candidates in the presidential race. Specifically, why C4L is not promoting these parties and candidates. C4L, again due to legal constraints, cannot legally support or coordinate our activities with any campaign or candidate. The New Paradigm Platform, press conference, and related events were done under the auspices of Liberty PAC, although widely mis-reported as C4L.

We also get a lot of questions about members who signed up on the old site. If you signed up on the old site, you must create a new account. Sorry, but the old system just didn't get much info from folks that is necessary on the new one. We will be sending out an email to all of those that signed up before and yes, membership goals and fund-raising counters will be back too. We have something special planned, so keep an eye out.

There is a lot going on at the Campaign for Liberty and I would like to take a couple of minutes and tell you about just some of the other things we're working on. This is not a complete list, so if I forgot something, I'm sure I'll hear about it. As soon as this election cycle is over, we turn our attention to the 2010 mid-terms as well as a number of great projects. We are:

* currently looking to expand the staff from 10 to 13. We are especially keen to hire a graphic design and flash programmer. If that's you, please submit cover letter, resume, professional and personal references, and work samples to amanda.lee@campaignforliberty.com.
* researching and scouting office space to accommodate a larger staff and a more ambitious agenda.
* also scouting locations on Capital Hill for Campaign for Liberty Media Studios where we will be able to produce news features, interviews, educational materials and, eventually, our own news broadcast.
* planning regional summits (sort of mini Rally for the Republics) that will likely begin late spring.
* developing a speaker's bureau that will organize lectures and conferences at universities around the country to give America's future leaders the chance to learn about sound money, natural rights, Austrian economics and a variety of other disciplines.
* preparing the Rally for the Republic DVDs for release when the new store opens on December 2nd.
* developing homeschool curriculum for homeschool families.
* continuing to make improvements and upgrades to campaignforliberty.com. A special thanks to Adam De Angeli for his hard work and for accepting that he will remain chained to my car bumper until the system quits sporadically logging me out.
* getting involved in a number of events in 2009 including CPAC and the Conservative Leadership Conference.
* developing a monthly donation program and a full-time fund-raising apparatus to ensure the long-term health and effectiveness of the organization.

It is an exciting time to be a revolutionary. I hope that all of you stay involved and continue to support this organization as we work towards our ultimate goal -- true freedom for our nation.

MRoCkEd
10-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Amazing, simply amazing.

tpreitzel
10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Conceptually, I like the C4L Media Studio project. Hopefully, the implementation will be as great as the concept. A lot of alternate sources of information exist and I suspect more and more of these sources will be interacting with each other for greater impact on the minds of the people.

Jeremy
10-26-2008, 03:53 PM
If you signed up at the old site??? That's over one hundred thousand people! right?

MRoCkEd
10-26-2008, 04:07 PM
If you signed up at the old site??? That's over one hundred thousand people! right?
The old site didn't require people to make an account to sign in with - it just allowed people to subscribe to a mailing list. All those emails remain stored and will soon be contacted to tell them to create an account to sign in with.

Imperial
10-26-2008, 04:16 PM
I think they should add another goal-

*Forging connections with other liberty-minded organizations and an infrastructure capable of coordinating the efforts and resources of like-minded groups and individuals outside of the Campaign for Liberty.

All of this though makes me very excited!

And yes, that was over 100,000 people. The power of the Ron Paul email list. That is probably their plans in the people bomb Nov. 5. Of course, not all of those emails were probably legit...

But I bet so many politicians greedily want that list...:)

heavenlyboy34
10-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Keep up the fight, C4L!

Gin
10-26-2008, 04:32 PM
There is a networking site that is up and running... Check it out...

www.campaignforlibertynetwork.com

Alot of information here.

I have a question for CFL tho, is this an arm off of the CFL site or is it a Grassroots endeavor?

Just curious....

BTW... Awesome Job guys/gals... I love all the additions and look forward to what is ahead...

Thank you for all of your hard work....

I think they should add another goal-

*Forging connections with other liberty-minded organizations and an infrastructure capable of coordinating the efforts and resources of like-minded groups and individuals outside of the Campaign for Liberty.

All of this though makes me very excited!

And yes, that was over 100,000 people. The power of the Ron Paul email list. That is probably their plans in the people bomb Nov. 5. Of course, not all of those emails were probably legit...

But I bet so many politicians greedily want that list...:)

jave27
10-26-2008, 04:33 PM
We are currently running radio, print, email and phone calls into a number of districts and states. Additionally, we have provided some great literature to help you engage on this important issue. We promised to hold politicians accountable for their bailout vote and we are keeping that promise. There is still much we can do and I encourage everyone to donate today so that we can maximize our impact. You can also go to the states page, click on you state and find our fliers for your representatives, print them and share them in your community.

Woohoo!

Jeremy
10-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Wait... oh yah I guess I already signed up didn't I? lol =o

Conza88
10-26-2008, 05:40 PM
:D nice

ItsTime
10-26-2008, 05:51 PM
* also scouting locations on Capital Hill for Campaign for Liberty Media Studios where we will be able to produce news features, interviews, educational materials and, eventually, our own news broadcast.
* planning regional summits (sort of mini Rally for the Republics) that will likely begin late spring.
* developing a speaker's bureau that will organize lectures and conferences at universities around the country to give America's future leaders the chance to learn about sound money, natural rights, Austrian economics and a variety of other disciplines.
* preparing the Rally for the Republic DVDs for release on November 18th.
* continuing to make improvements and upgrades to campaignforliberty.com. A special thanks to Adam De Angeli for his hard work and for accepting that he will remain chained to my car bumper until the system quits sporadically logging me out.
* getting involved in a number of events in 2009 including CPAC and the Conservative Leadership Conference.
* developing a monthly donation program and a full-time fund-raising apparatus to ensure the long-term health and effectiveness of the organization.

It is an exciting time to be a revolutionary. I hope that all of you stay involved and continue to support this organization as we work towards our ultimate goal -- true freedom for our nation.

awesome! I cant wait.

angelatc
10-26-2008, 05:54 PM
The homeschool resources is a fantastic idea.

MRoCkEd
10-26-2008, 06:02 PM
The homeschool resources is a fantastic idea.
I'm excited about all of these plans

angelatc
10-26-2008, 06:04 PM
I wonder what districts they're targeting with the Bailout reminder? Conley could benefit from that.

Nate K
10-26-2008, 06:11 PM
why don't they change their legal status to a business or something instead of non-profit, make this shit a lot easier

angelatc
10-26-2008, 06:12 PM
why don't they change their legal status to a business or something instead of non-profit, make this shit a lot easier

Taxes. And political organizations require a boatload of filing.

ronpaulhawaii
10-26-2008, 06:52 PM
:cool:

MRoCkEd
10-29-2008, 11:43 AM
I added this update to wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_for_Liberty

MRoCkEd
11-16-2008, 04:49 PM
edit

dr. hfn
11-18-2008, 04:55 PM
donate on dec. 16th for the c4l moneybomb!!!

MRoCkEd
11-26-2008, 12:00 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=2875

Campaign for Liberty Update

As you know, we are now in the home stretch of the current election cycle. Thanks to you, Campaign for Liberty has been waging a robust campaign to inform voters about legislators that voted for the $850B bailout.

Speaking of your community, this is a great time to all of us to get out there and volunteer. Volunteers are worth there weight in gold at this point in the season. By getting involved, you have a chance to gain experience, network with other liberty-minded people and raise your profile among politically active members of your community. All of which helps lay the foundation for our long-term goal of taking back our country.

In other C4l-related news, many of you have been asking about a Campaign for Liberty store. Due to the nature of our organization and the legal constraints imposed on us, this has proven to be much more difficult then one might think. Currently our lawyers and accountants are wrestling with meeting our legal obligations while still providing all of you with the shirts, signs, buttons, books, bumper stickers, mugs, posters, educational materials and other great gear that you expect from us.

Another question that we often get relates to Dr. Paul's ongoing support for alternative party candidates in the presidential race. Specifically, why C4L is not promoting these parties and candidates. C4L, again due to legal constraints, cannot legally support or coordinate our activities with any campaign or candidate. The New Paradigm Platform, press conference, and related events were done under the auspices of Liberty PAC, although widely mis-reported as C4L.

We also get a lot of questions about members who signed up on the old site. If you signed up on the old site, you must create a new account. Sorry, but the old system just didn't get much info from folks that is necessary on the new one. We will be sending out an email to all of those that signed up before and yes, membership goals and fund-raising counters will be back too. We have something special planned, so keep an eye out.

There is a lot going on at the Campaign for Liberty and I would like to take a couple of minutes and tell you about just some of the other things we're working on. This is not a complete list, so if I forgot something, I'm sure I'll hear about it. As soon as this election cycle is over, we turn our attention to the 2010 mid-terms as well as a number of great projects. We are:

* currently looking to expand the staff from 10 to 13. We are especially keen to hire a graphic design and flash programmer. If that's you, please submit cover letter, resume, professional and personal references, and work samples to amanda.lee@campaignforliberty.com.
* researching and scouting office space to accommodate a larger staff and a more ambitious agenda.
* preparing the Rally for the Republic DVDs for release when the new store opens on December 2nd.

There are several threads expressing disappointment in the C4L - can't say I completely disagree. However, it seems they do have an ambitious agenda and it will be impressive if they accomplish all of these things.