PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Under Siege Question

linux
10-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post here! I haven't had much time to poke around yet but I am looking forward to it.

Anyway, the reason for the post. I have been reading Dr. Paul's Freedom Under Siege. In this book he makes several references to violent redistribution of wealth. What violence is being referred to here? Does he see taxes as violent?

Don't take this as an attack on Dr. Paul, I am an avid supporter. I merely would like to know what is meant by this.

Thanks.

Kotin
10-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the forums!

he may be referring to the fact that taxes are carried out by threat of force.

Kludge
10-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the forums!

he may be referring to the fact that taxes are carried out by threat of force.

+1. The "Economic Stimulus Plan" is a great example. Taxes were paid (out of fear of imprisonment/fines/IRS death squads) to the gov't unevenly, but are redistributed evenly, essentially acting as Robin Hood.

linux
10-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the answers.

I usually associate violence with injury or destruction of property; however, I do see the point. I guess it just seems to be a strong choice of words. After thinking about it, I suppose I cannot argue otherwise.

Thanks again.

heavenlyboy34
10-30-2008, 12:39 PM
OP-

Yes, RP considers all acts the government takes that effect citizens to be acts of violence due to their coercive nature.