PDA

View Full Version : LIGHT UP your state sub-forum, DISCUSS STATE PROPOSITIONS

H Roark
10-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Alright, the election is almost one week away and there are going to be alot of state propositions to be voted upon. Local propositions are probably the most direct form of democracy we as citizens can participate in.

I've found out through earlier elections that you cannot understand a proposition without first reading the text within the voter guide they send you. I'm not talking about just reading the little 3 sentence summary of each prop either... I've came to the conclusion that the commercials you see on TV are deceptive on BOTH sides, which includes the side you agree with. So I urge you to goto your state sub-forum and discuss these props!

Kludge
10-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Michigan's already covered. Only two propositions, one all (?) libertarians agree on and another which is laughably inconsequential (however, the PACs for/against it dominate the airwaves).

CGeoffrion
10-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Marijuanna decriminilization and removal of the state income tax in MA. This has been my mission the past few weeks. Vote YES on number 1 and 2!!!

blocks
10-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Great point. I'll try to be more active in the California board.

H Roark
10-27-2008, 08:23 PM
I don't remember Cali ever having so many props on the ballot as this year (12 and thats without including any county measures). This is the result of so people getting fooled into signing a petition without asking any questions.

H Roark
10-28-2008, 12:20 PM
1 week left! Sticky?

Aratus
10-28-2008, 12:23 PM
yes...we here in the baystate can vote to decriminalize marijuana, and also
to abolish our state income tax! there have been tv ads pro and con on this!

fr33domfightr
10-28-2008, 01:20 PM
If MA can pass 1 & 2 that would be HUGE!! That would totally show that people want to be FREE!! Think about it, THE PEOPLE would totally have the power then. The politicians would then have to start talking to their constituents to find out what to do next. This is totally the way it's suppose to be!! At least at the State level.

FF