PDA

View Full Version : BJ Lawson out of funds - asks for more donations

qh4dotcom
10-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Just got this e-mail from him

Dear Edward,

We are making this happen, and this last week of early voting will be critical.

First, thank you to everyone who contributed to take our campaign to this level, and signed on to help call voters and raise needed funds.

However, we're at a critical decision point. The Constitutions have been going faster than expected at the polls, and we have a fantastic new mailer that needs to go out by Tuesday.

But we're out of funds.

Over the past three weeks, we've worked over 18 hours per day spending the money you gave us on a slew of successful direct mail, print, radio, and television advertisements, as well as getting directly in front of voters at every polling station in the district.

With your help, we can do more. We are converting voters at the polls, and the Constitution is the key ingredient that separates us from politics as usual.

What can we do? With another $100,000 we can send out our final mailer and restock Constitutions through election day.

With another $200,000 we can make a final media push to combat Price's increasingly negative attacks with our positive message of liberty.

Please help if you are able -- this is our last opportunity to set the course through election day. Thank you for all that you do.

In liberty,

BJ

Thank you very much for your donation of $17.76 to the Lawson for Congress Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of peace, prosperity, and
liberty.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T7904-9VG67128DG7349723

dr. hfn
10-26-2008, 10:56 AM
bump

CurtisLow
10-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Bump 4 BJ Lawson. I gave did you?

Austin
10-26-2008, 03:39 PM
bump

qh4dotcom
10-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Bump 4 BJ Lawson. I gave did you?

Yes

dr. hfn
10-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Got Liberty?

ItsTime
10-26-2008, 05:16 PM
What % of his donations have come from people in his district?

LibertyEagle
10-26-2008, 05:25 PM
What % of his donations have come from people in his district?

:rolleyes:

Most of Ron Paul's donations for Congressional reelection come from outside his district.

And now, back to the fundraising for Lawson. Which IS the focus of this thread.

ItsTime
10-26-2008, 05:27 PM
And your point IS?

Most of Ron Paul's donations for Congressional reelection come from outside his district.

And now, back to the fundraising for Lawson. Which IS the focus of this thread.

Your comparing the Ron Paul campaign to BJs? :rolleyes:

I forget the board Nazi is here. Dont ask questions JUST SHUT UP AND DO. I get it.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
10-26-2008, 05:30 PM
All the volunteers are from the district. And we are manning every early voting polling place in the 3 counties comprising the district.

Price's paid congressional staff just started to show up at the polls on Sat.

Jeremy
10-26-2008, 05:31 PM

I forget the board Nazi is here. Dont ask questions JUST SHUT UP AND DO. I get it.

OK, you can ask all the questions you want. I'll be waving to you from the other side of election day while you're still trying to grab attention for yourself. =)

ItsTime
10-26-2008, 05:33 PM
OK, you can ask all the questions you want. I'll be waving to you from the other side of election day while you're still trying to grab attention for yourself. =)

Jesus christ it was a fucking simple question. If you dont know dont answer. Dont assume its an attack on BJ. It was a simple question. Those who answered without an answer are the drama queens.

LibertyEagle
10-26-2008, 05:35 PM

They are both Congressional campaigns, yes. For the record, Ron Paul has received a great deal of his funds for a very long time, from outside his district. Apparently, you did not know that.

You are free to bash all you want, but if you want to continue this, please start your own thread. This is a fundrasing thread.

Jeremy
10-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Jesus christ it was a fucking simple question. If you dont know dont answer. Dont assume its an attack on BJ. It was a simple question. Those who answered without an answer are the drama queens.

How would anyone here know the answer though? Who were you asking... BJ's treasurer doesn't go here... It came across as an attack...

ItsTime
10-26-2008, 05:37 PM
How would anyone here know the answer though? Who were you asking... BJ's treasurer doesn't go here... It came across as an attack...

That is what makes you posting without an answer a drama queen. there are tons of volunteers that post here, maybe one of them knows?

LibertyEagle
10-26-2008, 05:38 PM
That is what makes you posting without an answer a drama queen. there are tons of volunteers that post here, maybe one of them knows?

Start a new thread please.

This fundraising thread is being taken off course.

ItsTime
10-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Start a new thread please.

This fundraising thread is being taken off course.

By you and other drama queens.

I ASKED a fund raising question. YOU took it off course. Youre the mod why dont you move the mess YOU caused?

Jeremy
10-26-2008, 05:40 PM
By you and other drama queens.

I ASKED a fund raising question. YOU took it off course. Youre the mod why dont you move the mess YOU caused?

You were the only "drama queen". Read your post after that one. o.0

ItsTime
10-26-2008, 05:42 PM
You were the only "drama queen". Read your post after that one. o.0

She causes trouble anytime someone ask a question. I have no idea why she is a mod.

LibertyEagle
10-26-2008, 05:50 PM
If you want to continue this, ItsTime, please start a new thread.

Shotdown1027
10-26-2008, 11:36 PM
"They are both Congressional campaigns, yes. For the record, Ron Paul has received a great deal of his funds for a very long time, from outside his district. Apparently, you did not know that."

Traditionally--it was from Northern Virginia, Utah, and Wisconsin. Talkng about his first tenure in Congress.

No1ButPaul08
10-27-2008, 12:00 AM
He was getting 19% of his funds from his district and 54% were in-state, however, that was before the big infusion of money since the rp's moneybomb for bj.

http://www.indyweekblogs.com/triangulator/2008/10/21/the-latest-campaign-finance-reports-from-lawson-price/

Captain Bryan
10-27-2008, 03:31 AM
He was getting 19% of his funds from his district and 54% were in-state, however, that was before the big infusion of money since the rp's moneybomb for bj.

http://www.indyweekblogs.com/triangulator/2008/10/21/the-latest-campaign-finance-reports-from-lawson-price/

Thank you.
I was curious about it too.:)

dr. hfn
10-27-2008, 04:53 AM
i endorse bj...any more donations???

Menthol Patch
10-27-2008, 08:52 AM
No one should give a dime to Mr. Carbon Tax.

Jeremy
10-27-2008, 08:58 AM

You said the same thing about Ron Paul, yet you supported him. So you're a hypocrite and everyone knows it. You said you would never support Ron Paul and BJ, so why are you still here? These are RON PAUL forums, not Menthol Patch forums. I vote the mods force you to leave. We don't need you!

dr. hfn
10-27-2008, 10:29 AM
bump

RonPaulFanInGA
10-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Out of funds? His last FEC filing on October 15th had him right at 200,000 dollars.

http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/HSRefreshCandList.do?category=disH&stateName=NC&congressId=04

Talk about a high burn rate (which is understandable this close to this election.)

Jeremy
10-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Out of funds? His last FEC filing on October 15th had him right at 200,000 dollars.

http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/HSRefreshCandList.do?category=disH&stateName=NC&congressId=04

Talk about a high burn rate (which is understandable this close to this election.)

Go to his blog, it said twice what they spent money on. They have a lot of ads and such. Now David Price brought his DC staff over to NC because he's desperate, so we have to fight harder! =)

Truth Warrior
10-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey BJ, Satan may just make you a really good deal for your soul. ;)

RonPaulFanInGA
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Now David Price brought his DC staff over to NC because he's desperate, so we have to fight harder! =)

Where did you read or hear this? And how can we be sure it is soley because Price is worried about B.J. Lawson's campaign?

me3
10-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Where did you read or hear this? And how can we be sure it is soley because Price is worried about B.J. Lawson's campaign?
You're right. Maybe Price just wanted some familiar company. :rolleyes:

libertythor
10-27-2008, 11:39 AM

Menthol Patch is ONETIMER!

RonPaulFanInGA
10-27-2008, 11:40 AM
You're right. Maybe Price just wanted some familiar company. :rolleyes:

I'd still like to know where that was heard/read.

Jeremy
10-27-2008, 12:29 PM

Did you even watch the video I posted here today? When it comes to Lawson, you're out of the loop... I'm not... so trust me :rolleyes:

cbc58
10-27-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm in BJ's district and this is a tough good-ole-boy area. Going to be a tough fight and Price keeps sending me letters on how well he is representing us.

Jeremy
10-27-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm in BJ's district and this is a tough good-ole-boy area. Going to be a tough fight and Price keeps sending me letters on how well he is representing us.

wait, so you're on rpf telling us about "odds" instead of campaigning?

TruthAtLast
10-27-2008, 12:49 PM
wait, so you're on rpf telling us about "odds" instead of campaigning?

+1

Lawson is in your district. Some of us are hundreds or thousands of miles away and you are right there. He's your representative. Get out there and start convincing others to vote for him. That's free. ;)

slacker921
10-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Seriously.. I wish he were in my district. The best I can do for him today is:

Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Lawson for Congress Campaign.

Cowlesy
10-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Seriously.. I wish he were in my district. The best I can do for him today is:

We've pumped a good deal of funds into his campaign with donations like that --- thanks!!!!

RedLightning
10-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Thats the last donation I can give out this election...

Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Lawson for Congress Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of peace, prosperity, and liberty.

Jeremy
10-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Thats the last donation I can give out this election...

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of peace, prosperity, and liberty.

thats ok! after years of preparing for this, the 2008 election is almost over! everyone go all out because it's now or never (well more like in a year to two)

evilfunnystuff
10-27-2008, 04:37 PM
really wish i could but i gots nothin till friday

boggie08
10-29-2008, 03:20 AM
If you have nothing, borrow some money. If you do not donate, and Lawson loses by a small margin, you will regret not donating for the next two years.