PDA

View Full Version : IMF Director to Keep Job Despite Committing Adultery

Knightskye
10-26-2008, 03:44 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/26/AR2008102600561.html

Things don't work like New York up there.

anarchy
10-26-2008, 05:35 AM
I don't care if he commits adultery, that's his private decision, private life and to think otherwise is not libertarian. But the other stuff the IMF is doing should get them hung.

Truth Warrior
10-26-2008, 05:40 AM
Is there an adultery prohibition clause in the IMF Director's oath of office? :D

Truth Warrior
10-26-2008, 05:46 AM
I don't care if he commits adultery, that's his private decision, private life and to think otherwise is not libertarian. But the other stuff the IMF is doing should get them hung. Distinctions between "private life"/"public life" are bogus BS, just fabricated to excuse crappy and unacceptable human behavior.<IMHO>

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-26-2008, 06:46 AM
How on earth does something like an extra-marital affair impact job performance? I am sure there are a lot better reasons to can the guy outside of who he has slept with. If we are to start allowing lapses in moral judgement to impact our job security than all of us are going to be out of a job!

Truth Warrior
10-26-2008, 06:53 AM
How on earth does something like an extra-marital affair impact job performance? I am sure there are a lot better reasons to can the guy outside of who he has slept with. If we are to start allowing lapses in moral judgement to impact our job security than all of us are going to be out of a job! It just might raise the bar and clean up the species some. ;)

Jodi
10-26-2008, 07:28 AM
How on earth does something like an extra-marital affair impact job performance? I am sure there are a lot better reasons to can the guy outside of who he has slept with. If we are to start allowing lapses in moral judgement to impact our job security than all of us are going to be out of a job!

He CHEATS on his wife. What else does he CHEAT on??????

v00513
10-26-2008, 10:07 AM
It shouldn't be considered adultery if you're a male.

Knightskye
10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
It shouldn't be considered adultery if you're a male.

Please tell me that was sarcasm.

Brassmouth
10-28-2008, 02:12 PM
I don't care if he commits adultery, that's his private decision, private life and to think otherwise is not libertarian. But the other stuff the IMF is doing should get them hung.

QFT.

:rolleyes:

Kludge
10-28-2008, 02:16 PM
More questionable is that he married her.

lucius
10-28-2008, 03:07 PM
How on earth does something like an extra-marital affair impact job performance?...

Affects a security clearance--easier to blackmail.

cheapseats
10-28-2008, 03:17 PM
How on earth does something like an extra-marital affair impact job performance?

Ask John Edwards, if you can find him.

Bill Clinton's sexual peccadillos cost us however much grand juries and investigations and impeachment hearings cost...not to mention HE facilitate OUR trivializing our presidency, and thereby making ALL of us laughing stocks. Was his performance impacted? Absolutely. Every hour that he was dealing with Monica-Gate, he wasn't working as a President.

Paul Wolfowitz's mistress was a foreign national...I want to say Lebanon...who received salary perks AND toppest level State Department clearance which, as far as I know, has still not been explained. That there sounds to me like one a them national security risks.

If we are to start allowing lapses in moral judgement to impact our job security than all of us are going to be out of a job!

Legislate Morality R Us

dannno
10-28-2008, 03:37 PM

Lying and cheating to get someone to sleep with you is different than lying and cheating to take their money... unless you were to sign some sort of sex contract before hand.. I don't know which kinds of contracts would be held up in court and which wouldn't, though..