PDA

View Full Version : SF Chronicle: Paul Supporters and Minutemen in Court Battle with Alameda GOP

Knightskye
10-26-2008, 01:33 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/26/BAJM13JKBT.DTL

A well-organized alliance of Ron Paul supporters and Minutemen, aided by evangelical Christians, won a dozen seats in the June election on the Republican Party's usually low-profile central committee for the county.

And apparently, the article appeared in the print edition of the paper:

This article appeared on page B - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle

I'm wondering how many "A" pages they have. :D

danberkeley
10-26-2008, 11:28 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/26/BAJM13JKBT.DTL

And apparently, the article appeared in the print edition of the paper:

I'm wondering how many "A" pages they have. :D

Damn! Now the RP supporters will be guilty by association and seen be as "racists" and "xenophobes" for fighting along side the Minutemen

D.H.
10-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Damn! Now the RP supporters will be guilty by association and seen be as "racists" and "xenophobes" for fighting along side the Minutemen

I didn't know much about the Minutemen but I just did a google search. They have affiliations with the CCC Council of Conservative Citizens which is a hate group monitored by the FBI. Even if plenty of them are peaceful, this association is not good.

me3
10-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Only collectivists worry about bullshit like this. We all know what Ron Paul stands for, and if you've seen the people from this group on YouTube, you wouldn't say things like guilt by association.

Stop worrying about what other people think, and start worrying about doing what is right and speaking truth to power.

HOLLYWOOD
10-26-2008, 12:18 PM
In the Bay Area, Ron Paul supporters say they won four seats in Sonoma County, three in Contra Costa and two in Marin. An attempt in San Francisco failed to win any seats.

I thought RP Grassroots were STRONG in San Francisco? I guess the Colluding STRAWPOLL GOP sleazes were well prepared to take on the RP republicans?

RPTXState
10-26-2008, 12:31 PM
While we had about a dozen candidates here, we only had one person really campaign for a Executive Committee seat here in Hays County. Now he's the new chairman...

Knightskye
10-28-2008, 12:30 PM

Or for telling a reporter, "I'm sure as hell not going to vote for any n-----!" :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2008/oct/28/election-race-obama-pennsylvania

Minuteman2008
10-28-2008, 01:15 PM
I didn't know much about the Minutemen but I just did a google search. They have affiliations with the CCC Council of Conservative Citizens which is a hate group monitored by the FBI. Even if plenty of them are peaceful, this association is not good.

The slander of the Minutemen has been brought about by anti-American radical groups like the Southern Poverty Law Center, a group that labels nearly anyone in the conservative movement as "hateful". Who gives a damn about the usual smear-by-association tactics? These are the same tactics used to drag Ron Paul through the mud because of his newsletters. When it comes to race issues you're guilty until proven innocent, so why even worry about this nonsense?

Knightskye
10-28-2008, 01:18 PM

Hey, the American people are monitored by the NSA, so maybe we shouldn't associate with them. :D

libertarian4321
10-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Only collectivists worry about bullshit like this. We all know what Ron Paul stands for, and if you've seen the people from this group on YouTube, you wouldn't say things like guilt by association.

Stop worrying about what other people think, and start worrying about doing what is right and speaking truth to power.

You are correct if you don't mind never getting more than 0.5% of the vote.

If you want to stay completely irrelevant, don't worry about what people think.

However, if we are serious about making changes, rather than just proving your ideological purity to fellow "true believers", we DO NEED to care about "what people think."

danberkeley
10-28-2008, 05:47 PM

Verdict is in! I'm a collectivist... :rolleyes:

Malakai
10-28-2008, 06:21 PM
The establishment has been saying orgs like JBS are hateful radical terrorists as well, and for the most part JBS is great.

I saw a very old interview of the old president of JBS that ron knows vs some jackass reporter, everything was very sound and he was very calm and intelligent.

blocks
10-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Sonoma County was an anomaly in that the Ron Paul candidates were supported by the county party leadership, which has called for the seven Alameda County defendants to be seated. Sonoma's Republican Party Central Committee chairman, Michael Erikson, said he was the one who urged the Alameda County Ron Paul supporters and Minutemen to run for committee seats in the first place.

Awesome. Sonoma County representin'. I had no idea my local CC was so cool. Maybe I'll stay a registered Republican for a bit longer.

Knightskye
10-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Awesome. Sonoma County representin'. I had no idea my local CC was so cool. Maybe I'll stay a registered Republican for a bit longer.

I'm staying because I don't have to be a registered Libertarian to vote for Barr in the election. And then I don't have an election to vote in till 2010, I believe. Plenty of time to change party affiliation.