PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul for Dummies

ronpaul4pres
10-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Everyone here enthusiastically embraced the ideals Ron Paul espoused, but we see that they haven't exactly caught on like wildfire with the rest of America. I'd like to see more of our fellow Americans embrace them, but I think these ideals are not being properly presented. I think the C4L website does not cater to the typical American. We need a sort of "Ron Paul for Dummies".

My question to you: what has been your most successful and simple argument to change others' minds? I define "successful" as being most accepted and spreading the most on its own.

haaaylee
10-25-2008, 10:42 PM
if i just say he's an expert on economics people are like "yeah, we need that." (really don't even have to go any further apparently)

then i talk common sense. the best argument i've found is, surprisingly, foreign policy. most people don't really realize we have so many bases around the world, or the money it costs. talk the basics of inflation and printing money out of thin air. the fed. things people don't know. they get intrigued. confused. interested.

sidster
10-25-2008, 10:45 PM
i think the problem is education. most people living in America today,
have not had civics education. most Americans would not question
an authority figure asking them to present their ID. This is by design.

If you don't have educated citizens, you have no hope of getting
Ron Paul to "catch on" with them.

ronpaul4pres
10-25-2008, 11:11 PM
i think the problem is education. ...If you don't have educated citizens, you have no hope of getting Ron Paul to "catch on" with them.

It sounds like you're giving up before you begin. I'm not accepting that. I think we can and must take up a role as educator. Were you completely unable to convince anybody of anything? Maybe you should try some of the suggestions here.

ronpaul4pres
10-25-2008, 11:12 PM
best argument i've found is, surprisingly, foreign policy. most people don't really realize we have so many bases around the world, or the money it costs.

Nice! Thank you.

ronpaul4pres
10-26-2008, 10:49 AM
bump

sidster
10-26-2008, 11:20 AM
It sounds like you're giving up before you begin. I'm not accepting that. I think we can and must take up a role as educator. Were you completely unable to convince anybody of anything? Maybe you should try some of the suggestions here.

It isn't that I'm giving up. I'm certainly rethinking strategy lately.
I've come to the conclusion that our "passive" methods have no
affect.

I have convinced many people to vote for Ron Paul during the
primaries. that was a great win. but, after he (Paul) gave up on
the race, these folks got reassimilated into the herd.

Chester Copperpot
10-26-2008, 12:07 PM
i think the problem is education. most people living in America today,
have not had civics education. most Americans would not question
an authority figure asking them to present their ID. This is by design.

If you don't have educated citizens, you have no hope of getting
Ron Paul to "catch on" with them.

+1776 my friend...+1776

Chester Copperpot
10-26-2008, 12:10 PM
I always walk around with a US note and a Silver certificate and show everybody who seems interested.. and they can see it, feel it in their hands and comparing it to a federal reserve note.. people will understand how the fed works in a matter of minutes, literally.

Heres an example of what I mean on an earlier thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156194&highlight=ron+pauled

ronpaul4pres
10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
I always walk around with a US note and a Silver certificate and show everybody who seems interested.. and they can see it, feel it in their hands and comparing it to a federal reserve note.. people will understand how the fed works in a matter of minutes, literally.

Heres an example of what I mean on an earlier thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156194&highlight=ron+pauled

Great story - thanks!

Truth Warrior
10-26-2008, 04:13 PM
"Here, read this book, http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519 (http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519)". :D

linux
10-26-2008, 04:23 PM
I think the biggest hurt to the movement is 9/11 conspiracy theories. Most people won't associate themselves with something like that, and since Ron Paul has that association (whether it is fair or not) they are turned off.

ronpaul4pres
10-26-2008, 04:51 PM
I think the biggest hurt to the movement is 9/11 conspiracy theories. Most people won't associate themselves with something like that, and since Ron Paul has that association (whether it is fair or not) they are turned off.

I agree with you, but 1) I'm asking about how you convinced others about one of Ron Paul's ideals not specifically to vote for him and 2) let's focus on the positive and state something that worked well in your experience.

ronpaul4pres
10-26-2008, 10:43 PM
"Here, read this book, http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519 (http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519)". :D

Has that worked for you?

ronpaul4pres
10-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Are there any other success stories out there?

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
10-27-2008, 09:28 PM
best thing that happened to me today
Posted October 27th, 2008 by Elsensei

got a call from an old girlfriend. she started talkign politics, obama this and that b/c "she hates sarah palin" and if mclame croaks, she doesn't want palin to be prez.

i asked her about issues, of course she had no clue. So i came down on her pretty hard for a while, telling her that she is just like most americans endorsing the lesser of two evils and all caught up in the "i want to vote for the guy who wins" bullshit. Then we hung up and i felt like crap b/c if i can't influence those closest to me, what hope is there?

hours later i got this email:

Thanks for busting my balls today. I got off the phone and went to the library and purchased Revolution. I couldn't believe the truth in how most people do not know the real truth out there (including me). So I opened my eyes and realized I'm doing just what they want me to. Focus on the minor issues and/or not know the truth about any candidate. Also, Is revolution the only book Ron Paul has written, I didn't see anything else at bookstar. Thank God for the people who don't have a 9 to 5. If you have any recommended reading I would thank you.

Take Care

(name redacted)

ps. I gotta go now -going to purchase some hollow point bullets and rice. haha

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/70678

ronpaul4pres
11-01-2008, 10:51 AM
...i came down on her pretty hard for a while, telling her that she is just like most americans endorsing the lesser of two evils...

hours later i got this email:

...I got off the phone and went to the library and purchased Revolution. I couldn't believe the truth in how most people do not know the real truth out there (including me)....

Awesome story, thank you!

Truth Warrior
11-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Has that worked for you? Enough! ;)