PDA

View Full Version : Bob Conley says he will stand up for SC

itshappening
10-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Bob Conley says he will 'stand up' for SC

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - One of the most talked about races in the state is between Republican incumbent Lindsey Graham and his Democratic opponent Bob Conley.

Conley, who according to his Web site is called "Flat-top-Bob," has run a grassroots campaign with a fraction of the funds of his republican opponent.

"Sometime we're out running around and we're too poor to pay attention and there are times that Dr. Darrell turns and says, ‘The only ‘cent' in this car is coming from those dirty socks that need to be washed.' It's a lot of work and I have taken everything and put it aside in life to pursue this so we once again have a US senator who will stand up for us," Conley said.

Many in the state wonder about the status of jobs in South Carolina, and Conley has a plan to keep those jobs in the Palmetto State.

"The first thing we need to do is take a look at policy from a South Carolina first and an America first stand point and that comes in with trade, with immigration and with work visas. We've lost three and a half million manufacturing jobs in the country since 2001 and we've lost more than 24,000 manufacturing jobs in South Carolina since the beginning of last year," Conley said.

Conley and Graham will face off for the senate seat on Nov. 4.
--

Good luck Bob !!

MRoCkEd
10-25-2008, 09:43 AM
He's a good candidate.
Certainly not perfect... but good.
Be sure to support him

dr. hfn
10-25-2008, 10:13 AM
go Bob go

klamath
10-25-2008, 10:17 AM
This will be the one democrat winning in the coming landslide that I will be cheering. If he is the 60th senate democrat I wouldn't mind that much.

MRoCkEd
10-25-2008, 10:45 AM
This will be the one democrat winning in the coming landslide that I will be cheering. If he is the 60th senate democrat I wouldn't mind that much.
Easy there, he's down 9 points - we don't know for sure that he will win, especially because he has under $1k campaign funds compared to Graham's millions

Just encourage all of SC democrats to vote straight ticket and for some sick-of-graham conservatives to go for conley, and he has a chance

RonPaulFanInGA
10-25-2008, 11:08 AM
The latest poll (from SurveyUSA) has Conley down sixteen.

Graham: 56%
Conley: 40%

This race looks like a lost cause right now. Conley has no money at all and Graham like four million.

Lovecraftian4Paul
10-25-2008, 12:09 PM
I'll laugh heartily if Conley pulls it out from an Obama landslide bringing out straight ticket voters. The wild card in all of this is just how massive the black turnout in the south will be. SC has a heavy black population who will probably vote Democratic down the ticket after selecting Obama at the top. This will be good for Conley, but whether it's enough to carry him to victory remains to be seen.

ChaosControl
10-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Sigh I was hoping he was closer. :(

RSLudlum
10-25-2008, 01:23 PM
I'll laugh heartily if Conley pulls it out from an Obama landslide bringing out straight ticket voters. The wild card in all of this is just how massive the black turnout in the south will be. SC has a heavy black population who will probably vote Democratic down the ticket after selecting Obama at the top. This will be good for Conley, but whether it's enough to carry him to victory remains to be seen.

That's very true, and to top it off there's quite a sizeable number of conservatives that are downright tired of Graham and won't be voting straight ticket 'republican'. Add that to a rising number of people at least here in Charleston that are pushing for votes against all incumbents.

Lovecraftian4Paul
10-25-2008, 02:28 PM
As long as the turnout is grade A among South Carolina's large black population, Conley has a chance of winning. I think it could be just enough to turn the tide in his favor, along with the conservatives, independents, and others already voting for him.

qh4dotcom
10-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Anyone want to match me?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This email confirms that you have donated $10.00 USD to Friends of Bob Conley (gobobgo@palmettopatriot.net) using PayPal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donation Details

Confirmation number: 9K350736CR6357543
Donation amount: $10.00 USD
Total: $10.00 USD
Purpose: Bob Conley for Senate

yongrel
10-25-2008, 05:29 PM
At this point, the best hope I see for Conley is a high turnout of Obama voters who will just vote a straight ticket. LBJ carried a ton of Democrats into office when he won with his landslide, and Obama has the potential to do something similar. I wouldn't mind seeing Conley part of that.

ronpaulhawaii
10-25-2008, 05:57 PM
At this point, the best hope I see for Conley is a high turnout of Obama voters who will just vote a straight ticket. LBJ carried a ton of Democrats into office when he won with his landslide, and Obama has the potential to do something similar. I wouldn't mind seeing Conley part of that.

Yes, exactly what I was thinking today.

and wish I had the cash to match above...

itshappening
10-25-2008, 07:24 PM
yes hopefully he gets lots of straight ticket voters and disillusioned establishment Repubs stay at home