PDA

View Full Version : Voted early today.

Carole
10-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Voted early today.

Today was my third attempt to vote early. The line has been long, but was better today. I must have picked a better time of day. :)

Folks, I know Dr. Paul told us not to "waste our vote" by writing him in, but I simply could not vote for anyone else. It would have been a "truly wasted" vote for me to have done so. So I did it!! I wrote in Ron Paul because I simply had no other choice if I were going to be able to sleep at night. :D

I have waited a year to vote for the only genuinely qualified candidate in this election. It would have been heartbreaking for me personally not to vote for Dr. Paul. Just my personal decision to vote for the only man who can fix our economy and our country. I believe in liberty and the Constitution and simply could not compromise my beliefs.

It felt very good to do what I wished to do, rather than what others tell me (us) to do.

I tried to find some independents/alternative candidates to vote for in several catagories as well, and did find a few. Voted against Jay Rockefeller and our current governor-Manchin. Voted against Rahall. These are all Dems so I would have voted against them anyway for their philosophies and their records.

Afterwards, I walked down the hall to the clerk's office at the court house to pick up a voter registration card to take home and fill out to change my affiliation to Independent after election day.

I am washing my hands of the two party system in my own personal way.

To each his own, but sometimes a person has to do what he has to do. :) It feels good.

satchelmcqueen
10-24-2008, 11:07 PM
i know how you feel. ron paul for me too. write in all the way RP08!

Craig Thompson.
10-24-2008, 11:13 PM
For Craig Thompson! I Appreciate Your Vote!